Sony FY2023 Earnings Announcement: 4.5M PS5 sold in Q4 (20.8M in FY2023, 59.2M LTD). Allocating 11.5 billion in future acquisitions.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Reactions: Yurinka and FatKaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

this looks like the new medium plan for the next few years for Playstation to supplement their AAA games with many XDEV Partnerships like Helldivers 2, Rise of Ronin and Steller Blade

I mostly prefer this. Sony has historically made better bets on devs and games than competitors (gta3, Fortnite, etc…)

The dual ceo stuff is wild too. Good luck to them with all of this.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Hmm, looking through the supplemental info I think PS5 is actually doing fine, as long as they can maintain the momentum. I hope this coming showcase is crazy. Now I want to know how they thought they were ever going to hit 25m in a FY, seems hyper unrealistic
The sales spiked here in EU after shortages were finally over early last year (EU got skimmed for NA since there is more competition there), only that spike accounts for their previous fiscal year and momentum couldn't keep up. Add in they had FF16 and SM2 I can see why they were bullish. Also the Q4 numbers being in decline compared to previous year despite FF7 Rebirth shows, FF is not a system seller unfortunately.

On that note, Helldivers 2 insane numbers. 12 million, everyone was dooming their live-service and crapping on Jim Ryan. Like he said only needed one and ironically the first one out the gate is a massive hit. I am curious how Concord is going to turn out/perform.

Basically 60 million PS5's now, by the end of the fiscal year they expect near 80.
2025 going to be massive Marathon, Ghost 2 (?), Venom, Fairgame$, DS2, Judas, RE9, Monster Hunter and the juggernaut of juggernauts GTA6. Yeah the PS5 is easily going to surpass the PS4.

Reactions: VillaiN

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
dear, the major first party titles i'm reffering to are God Of War, Spiderman, The Last Of Us, titles that sell 20M+ units lifetime, tho Helldivers 2 sold very well, it's not from a first party studio, Sony themselfs said they won't have major releases til March 2025
More importantly, Helldivers, Destiny and Concord arent exclusives

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I dont see Capcom slowling down
Or Ubisoft
Or Activision
Or insomniac
Or Sega

Stop making excuses for these playstation studios just because you are a fanboy
Those studios don’t make nearly the quality of most PS studios.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
3 of those are from insomniac alone, like i said they have been carrying the ps5 this gen while the others are sitting around dick in hand
Stop mentioning Insomiac. They keep reusing the same assets and same map in all of their games. LMAO

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So mainly 3rd party sales are the reason for the increased revenue and profit (which they are risking to lose in the long run), while there has been a decline in MAU and console sales from Q3 to Q4*. The lack of first party releases and PC ports (which again barely made a dent, even though HD2 was a huge success) is starting to show the first consequences. Earlier than I thought.

*: have been made aware that it always happens

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Stop mentioning Insomiac. They keep reusing the same assets and same map in all of their games. LMAO
really, i didn't encounter a New York in Ratchet and Clank. i must replay it then.
hmmm, we need more Spider Man, maybe then we reach forbidden Savali.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So mainly 3rd party sales are the reason for the increased revenue and profit (which they are risking to lose in the long run), while there has been a decline in MAU and console sales from Q3 to Q4. The lack of first party releases and PC ports (which again barely made a dent, even though HD2 was a huge success) is starting to show the first consequences. Earlier than I thought.
This always happens because Q3 is holidays

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Looking at Wii and NDS at 250m at that point in time and...nope. Nintendo's market has shrunk massively.
If that is what helps you sleep at night thinking PlayStation is "winning".

PC ports cannibalization effect about to kick anytime soon right???? Will this impact PS8 sales???
Same energy we use to get from Xbox fans defending Gamepass. Sure, underestimate NVidia and Valve, they are not PlayStation competitors...

Nobody should be impressed by the PS5 trailing the PS4. Short term everyone expected the PS5 to end up doing better than the PS4 due to all the momentum built last gen and the fact that the dilution of the brand appeal would add up over time.

Now go pay for online and cloud saves while PC players pay less for the same games in a much better store.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab and Luffy123