Sony FY2023 Earnings Announcement: 4.5M PS5 sold in Q4 (20.8M in FY2023, 59.2M LTD). Allocating 11.5 billion in future acquisitions.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
But in PS4, unlike in PS5 they were able to price cut the console because like in every generation except in the current one the component prices went down over time, so they were able to price cut it at that period.
We also had true exclusives, which are now slowly disappearing, giving people less reasons to get a PS5.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Great results for Helldivers 2 what a success that turnt out to be. Hopefully Arrowhead has better plans for the game instead of trying to win over Twitter clout.

PS5 sales about what I expected after they revised down the target, figured it still wouldn't hit 21 million. It's a failure on Sony's party but still good numbers

Hopefully they start treating PlayStation with more respect going forward.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
aBlG5gL.png

BKsiQYZ.png

5REanc5.png

zW7gc1y.png

TpfSk63.png

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Reading resetera youd think PS5 and Square enix are dead. Alot of bitter nintendo and xbots grave dancing wayyyy too soon IMO.
Imo Square Enix will still make exclusive deals with Sony. What Square needs to stop, is green-lighting all these A-AA. Keep AAA, Team Asano and viable Remakes/Remasters if popular past games. There is a high chance KH IV being PS exclusive. Remember Disney and Sony have a good business relationship.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Imo Square Enix will still make exclusive deals with Sony. What Square needs to stop, is green-lighting all these A-AA. Keep AAA, Team Asano and viable Remakes/Remasters if popular past games. There is a high chance KH IV being PS exclusive. Remember Disney and Sony have a good business relationship.
I really think at this point square needs to be a Sony first party company.

Anyways, has anything been said about investments going forward into gaming? I thought I saw 3 billion somewhere but that seems awfully low IMO.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I really think at this point square needs to be a Sony first party company.

Anyways, has anything been said about investments going forward into gaming? I thought I saw 3 billion somewhere but that seems awfully low IMO.
We will hear later this month about it. But remember Sony today said PlayStation division will play an essential role for their long-term growth. Means Sony understands that PlayStation is their money maker No 1.

24 Jun 2022
Dang, so they fell behind their FY target by almost 5 million units 🤔...

And people are still trying to say this PC strategy isn't eating into potential PS5 console sales? I'll give you the price increases do too, and at a bigger role, but it's not like the PC strategy has been making it easier for Sony to sell PS5s...

Looks like PC isn't hurting them at all.

They missed their FY target in unit sales by almost 5 million.

Sure the price hike played a bigger part in that, but the PC ports sure aren't helping them sell PS5s. They previously said they wanted to be comfortably ahead of PS4 launch-aligned by this point. That clearly isn't happening.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox falling has cooked any semblance of discussion. Sony is making more revenue than MS+Bethesda+ABK+ Nintendo COMBINED and apparently the business is falling apart.

It's actually very healthy right now.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I think we see a price cut end of 2025. Thats the only way they can pass ps4, alongside giving the gen an extra year.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Xbox falling has cooked any semblance of discussion. Sony is making more revenue than MS+Bethesda+ABK+ Nintendo COMBINED and apparently the business is falling apart.

It's actually very healthy right now.
But less profit than Nintendo sadly.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

this looks like the new medium plan for the next few years for Playstation to supplement their AAA games with many XDEV Partnerships like Helldivers 2, Rise of Ronin and Steller Blade

The tweet is wrong.

Increases in G&NS operative income are expected because they have been growing in all areas during several years, part of them being in very profitable stuff like GaaS and PC where this year they'll have stuff like Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Concord, Convallaria or Lost Soul Aside in that area, plus PC ports of HFW or GoT. And in addition to this, the catalog titles of GaaS (HD2, GT7, MLB) and PC released in previous year keeps providing steady revenue piled up on top of the one from new game releases. On top of that, selling less consoles will mean less loses from selling hardware.

Global SIE sales forecast for the current FY is expected to be flat / a bit lower than in the current one because of the decrease in console sales and also because of the lack of a >20M/game IP sequel being released this FY.

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Does that final pie chart slide mean that’s where they plan to make money or that’s where they’re investing into?
Looks like its show expected shrink and growth for each part of the company.

So the following see growth;
Games
Music
Pictures
I&ss

Financial and Electronics looks like no growth.