Sony has reportedly halted production on PSVR2 due to amassed unsold inventory, according to Takashi Mochizuki (Bloomberg)

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Was just playing Call of the Mountain. Can't get over how much fun that experience is, and it's almost completely linear. VR is by far a better investment than traditional PC gaming (which is dying), for example, so hopefully Sony's initiative to make the headset accessible on PC leads to more hardware and PC ports coming my way.

Anyway, this Bloomberg shill has a hate boner for Sony - trying to attack their stock price with lies is probably the m.o. as someone else pointed out. Source may as well be Speshal nick

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
As noted with your mischaracterization of me I never said PC was better than PlayStation, I don't go out of my way ranting about superiority and I not once said or even insinuated PlayStation is bad.

This is exactly what I mean, you have no idea what you're talking about and are clearly and lazily associating the behavior of others with me because of my platform lol.

Clownworld

Just some of the nonsense garbage you have spewed your short time on this site:

Microsoft for all of their ailments got the PC thing locked down, success after success. Their games move units and that largely has to do with their availability at launch.

I guess you won't be on PlayStation long then, the physical market in its entirety is on its way out the door.

PlayStation will die without expansion, do you think PC is the end of the road here? The next 5 years are going to make a lot of people really pissy. PlayStation will die without expansion.

PlayStation users love PlayStation games and have been conditioned to love them over many years

Only 16 teraflops? I mean sure that's an improvement but not that sizable. Keeping the RAM at 16gb is also a bit staggering.

It serves the same function as a phone with a backbone right? If that's the case seems like kind of a pointless peripheral.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
No shit production has been halted on it.

Sony didn't signal much of a first party commitment to it and recently cancelled a lot of the first party projects they had in development for it. They tried to pretend like that Horizon bullshit thing was a full fledged game instead of the bullshit that it is.

They started the thing off by selling it as a direct exclusive thing, that shows as much faith in it as Nintendo had in their 64DD.

I would've bought the thing if it had PC compatibility so it wouldn't be locked to the console whenever Sony decided to pull out from it completely like it looks like they will be doing. It's a very good VR headset with terrible software support.

EDIT: I see this is a regurgitation of an article by known charlatan Takashi Mochizuki. As the great Jojo once said:

tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz
OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Posting those things completely out of context is again pure laziness. You're even cherry picking select sentences from larger statements.

Worst of all those things said aren't even bad nor some type of controversial take lol.

Again if you want to engage in a discussion engage in it. You have the time to cherry pick things so you would think you could respond to the actual posts.

Your agenda is I don't like what this guy says so instead of formulating an actual thought and replying I'm going to instead smear him.

Get a grip of your insecurities. If you want an echo chamber the internet probably isn't the outlet you should be using to find solitude.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Funny how you continue to have no sources at all for anything. I can see an increase in UK where they use misleading percentages that can literally just mean it sold a few thousand more
Good thing internet search engines are a free for all and you can also search your own sources since everything I mentioned was reported and in some cases hard figures are there.

Fact remains PS4 saw increases all over last year. How big of an increase is irrelevant. Now I'm truly done, as your only crutch is.. bu bu but where's the source as if you think i'm here to tutor. You're engaging in a discussion and demanding sources, look it up and use them against me and shutdown my argument, which you can't.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
this guy is a scumbag, anyone with a half functioning brain can see it but if we say that we get reprimanded by mods 😂 Sometimes they're too lenient with ill intentioned trolls like this

Anyway, this Bloomberg shill has a hate boner for Sony - trying to attack their stock price with lies is probably the m.o. as someone else pointed out. Source may as well be Speshal nick
It's purely a coincidence that it comes immediately after the positive PS5 Pro news 😂

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Eggman and rinzler

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Posting those things completely out of context is again pure laziness. You're even cherry picking select sentences from larger statements.

Worst of all those things said aren't even bad nor some type of controversial take lol.

Again if you want to engage in a discussion engage in it. You have the time to cherry pick things so you would think you could respond to the actual posts.

Your agenda is I don't like what this guy says so instead of formulating an actual thought and replying I'm going to instead smear him.

Get a grip of your insecurities. If you want an echo chamber the internet probably isn't the outlet you should be using to find solitude.
I believe you - name 5 things you like about the PlayStation 5.

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
this guy is a scumbag, anyone with a half functioning brain can see it but if we say that we get reprimanded by mods 😂 Sometimes they're too lenient with ill intentioned trolls like this

It's purely a coincidence that it comes immediately after the positive PS5 Pro news 😂
I'm a scumbag now? What is wrong with you...

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
I believe you - name 5 things you like about the PlayStation 5.
Price, efficieny, value and the controller is pretty neat. VR capability is nice it's just a shame the support isn't there.

The compression methods for the storage system were thoughtfully engineered. It's quiet.

I genuinely have no issue with it.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024

I'm not seeing anything bad in that list of quotes, if he was looking for some smoking gun he didn't find it in that list.

Definitely nothing worthy of being called a scumbag which is hilarious to me.

• brain
Reactions: rinzler

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Well this subject generated lots of worthwhile "discussion" 😑 Nothing like a loaded OP full of one person's bias to steer discussion in such a healthy direction rather than just dropping the facts and letting things take their natural course.

Initial reaction is shockedpikachu.gif at the source of the article being Mochizuki, man absolutely revels in spinning everyday business decisions into doom posts. Would love to know what Sony did to damage him so badly. If anyone was going to post this thread with the added little flavour of some worthwhile talking points to accompany the facts it should have been to highlight this little nugget.

Anyway, we know they're bringing PC support for PS VR2 soon (and that's been spun every way possible) so whether they're pausing production, halting production or it's just planned downtime prior to a period where VR headset inventory doesn't shift the same units we'll never know - and it won't make a bit of difference... we know it compares very favourably with PC headsets on price vs features and that Sony are likely making typical peripheral type profit on every unit sold rather than selling on a console-like basis.

For all we know they're pausing production while they refine the contents of the box to facilitate PC support; all the branding and documentation would need to reflect use with PC and well as ps5, and if I had to bet on anything it'd be something like this rather than typical doooooooooooom.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Inappropriate behavior
I'm not seeing anything bad in that list of quotes, if he was looking for some smoking gun he didn't find it in that list.

Definitely nothing worthy of being called a scumbag which is hilarious to me.
Of course another is rushing to the defense of his fellow scumbag 😂 Birds of a feather and all 🤡

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023

Again literally my first comment in this thread was a detailed reply explaining why Takashi is full of this. I am guessing you ignored it because it doesn't fi the narrative you are trying to push

Which comment did I take out of context? Funny how you don't clarify a thing. Everything you said there were general statements and all entirely ignorant bullshit

You say nonsense bullshit and I just called it out as such.

You're upset this place isn't yet another echo chamber to shit on PlayStation like pretty much every other gaming forum. So really you can go fuck yourself and all of your horseshit replies that don't actually deny anything I have said

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Inappropriate language
Come on. That guy is a troll, for sure, but no need to insult other people like Poly.
Poly is the exact same, he just hides it better.

You're upset this place isn't yet another echo chamber to shit on PlayStation like pretty much every other gaming forum. So really you can go fuck yourself and all of your horseshit replies that don't actually deny anything I have said
Perfectly said, this guy knows exactly what he’s doing, which is why I don’t feel bad calling him and his butt buddy out

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Eggman

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I don't know about the source, but halting PSVR2 hardware for piling up inventory is very predictable, after Sony releasing zero post-launch games and us getting news of 1st and 3rd party studios that had worked on PSVR2 closing down.

I'm still not sure what Sony was expecting here. They knew from Vita what great hardware does with weak software.

Makes me wonder if the PC support is just a means for them to actually start selling the thing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Polyh3dron

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Poly is the exact same, he just hides it better.

Perfectly said, this prick knows exactly what he’s doing, which is why I don’t feel bad calling him and his butt buddy out
Doesn't matter, no need to pick up on people. Just block and move on. It obvious what the guy is doing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: panda-zebra