Sony holds the keys to Call of Duty’s Future

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Why do guys care so much about GaaS and WRPGs? Who cares if Sony can blow huge damage to Microsoft or not. You’re vision is clouded, all you can think of is l getting revenge on MS. Ubisoft games are utterly medicore. I don’t care if The Division or AC move 20 million unit each. I can’t believe it that here are so many Ubisoft fans. It’s publishers like Ubisoft, Epic, EA, and Activision who have ruined the traditional Gaming-Industry. Mass casuals who plays this boring trash. I am so glad nobody of you here sits in Sony’s board. You will never see the day where Sony buys a garbage publisher like Ubisoft. Well what do I expect of casuals who only play COD, AC, GTA and other boring western games. I bet with you 100 Dollar/Euro PSN cards, that Sony won’t attempt to buy a western pub. 100% going to be a Japanese Gaming company.

I don't think it's about getting revenge on MS. It's about what makes business sense. I'm not a fan of GaaS, but I realize that is where the money is. And if that money gets me more of the games I like from Sony, I'm happy. Invest in Japanese pubs to stop others from acquiring, continue investment in Korean games and buy Ubi or Take2.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Bring back killzone socom or resistance

Back Bungie for the next destiny game

Sony still have good partnership with EA Batlefield game

Part of me feel sad for what happened with Halo ( used to play Halo alot during 360)

After they bring Halo franchise to the ground same thing can happened with cod

I remember those days when we play and still care about Halo

But now after this?

Feck em
Optimus Prime Truck GIF by Transformers
Exactly. COD doesn't encompass the entire FPS market. I stopped playing it long ago.

Reactions: Airbus

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I think Bungie could be the new Activision/COD. At least they have to make sure next projects so as planned.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Why do guys care so much about GaaS and WRPGs? Who cares if Sony can blow huge damage to Microsoft or not. You’re vision is clouded, all you can think of is l getting revenge on MS. Ubisoft games are utterly medicore. I don’t care if The Division or AC move 20 million unit each. I can’t believe it that here are so many Ubisoft fans. It’s publishers like Ubisoft, Epic, EA, and Activision who have ruined the traditional Gaming-Industry. Mass casuals who plays this boring trash. I am so glad nobody of you here sits in Sony’s board. You will never see the day where Sony buys a garbage publisher like Ubisoft. Well what do I expect of casuals who only play COD, AC, GTA and other boring western games. I bet with you 100 Dollar/Euro PSN cards, that Sony won’t attempt to buy a western pub. 100% going to be a Japanese Gaming company.

1) I don't care about GaaS. However Playstation does and like I said Ubisoft has the workforce to quickly assist WWS in support. Ubisoft has some of the best post launch support for their GaaS games. But lovely of you to try and twist what a very direct sentence, that had nothing to do with my personal preferences. The only GaaS I was looking forward to was Factions (since ND actually makes amazing multiplayer games).

I don't care about getting revenge on Xbox? My comments in this thread literally backs this? Ubisoft has a lot of valuable IP's and they are also have a fantastic indie division willing to take risks.

It's a win for Playstation. They have the variety and studios all over the world, in areas Sony doesn't. That could be leveraged to Further attain even more talent at a faster pace

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's a very reasonable get for Sony. I could see them paying about 5-6B for them. Plus, with the right moves under Sony, Ubisoft could go from a 3.5 billion dollar market cap to a 20 billion one probably easy.
Exactly! Ubisoft is on the cousp of a turn around if they can nail AC and get Skull and Bones in good shape

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
COD will decline when they will skip a year between releases. It was supposed to happen this year. The studios are in turmoil already and Microsoft sucks at management.
Probably not, they already make more money from the DLC than the main game. So they will try to make more seasons and retain their players.

Now, it could fail if people loose interest because it's still "the same game", but given how it has been for GTA V I'm fairly certain that will work out great in the end.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Jim Ryan is the worst PlayStation CEO ever. Much worse than John Kodera.
Seems like Jim Ryan's vision for PlayStation is that they need to move on from consoles and into other markets, that's the most stupid decision possible for a company that just sold 120m+ consoles last gen.

Sony is focused on profitability, while MS is zeroed in on killing PlayStation.

• sad
Reactions: Eternal_Wings