Sony may have acquired Ballistic Moon - Rumor

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think a stock buy would formalize whatever agreement they seemingly already have and also have sony be the publisher in a few cases as well. This could theoretically work out for sqaure as Sony funds the project and help Sony because it’s now a perm exclusive and they can work out the percentages of who gets what. I don’t think they need to get caught up in courts for a year trying to buy sqaure enix in particular when they already have they type of agreement you mentioned, just not formalized with Sony ownership.
Given that S-E is already a global publisher, what benefit do they get from having Sony publish it? Especially for their biggest titles, which practically sell themselves?

Reactions: Bryank75

stebin alex

25 Oct 2022
Illfonic just are not up to standard atm... IMO

I'd be super excited for them to buy Deviation and go on a hire spree and poach lots of COD and Titanfall people and make a kick-ass grounded shooter. (milsim)

I'm not a fan of piecemeal-ing Square, they already sold off their iconic western IP's and now they want to sell shares in studios.... it's just so messy and I think Sony should either just buy them outright or make a longterm exclusive agreement where they have first rights to see everything they make and get it eclusive or choose marketing rights etc. Seems like they already operate like this anyway but just to get it on paper.
Deviation seems like a good get, and hopefully their games are successful.
But their hiring spree has kind of ended now, as Jason (one of the Founder) left, and they hired a lot of key people, but also some other have left, and they have been stagnant in hiring now. Hopefully it will change soon.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Given that S-E is already a global publisher, what benefit do they get from having Sony publish it? Especially for their biggest titles, which practically sell themselves?
Bigger budgets and specially for marketing, and being able to delegate to Sony all the work/costs related to marketing, publishing, localization, PR, CM, CS, etc. plus having accesss to user, tech, knowledge and market data that only their first party teams have.

The thing is that Square Enix has some business where Sony isn't interested like mangas, nfts, arcade games and arcade facilities or merchandise. I assume Sony would want to skip them, but they also could somehow integrate them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
If Pitchbook says Sony bought them, it’s a dead certainty.

Pitchbook has been around since the late 90s and is an industry tool for VC firms and investors to track what’s hot and what’s new in tech startups.

Any information submitted to them is vetted through multiple means before publication, as they do not want their credibility damaged by a rumour killing finding for someone or causing any legal action against them. It’s also insanely expensive because of it being a powerful tool for a very narrow market.

If they said it, it’s the gospel truth.
Good. Now let's get back to making optionally co-op, story horror, at the levels of pollish of Until Dawn again, after something like a 7 year getting lost in the forrest by whomever was handling the map and compass in their relationship.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Good. Now let's get back to making optionally co-op, story horror, at the levels of pollish of Until Dawn again, after something like a 7 year getting lost in the forrest by whomever was handling the map and compass in their relationship.
Your r and L keys are sticking.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Bigger budgets and specially for marketing, and being able to delegate to Sony all the work/costs related to marketing, publishing, localization, PR, CM, CS, etc. plus having accesss to user, tech, knowledge and market data that only their first party teams have.

The thing is that Square Enix has some business where Sony isn't interested like mangas, nfts, arcade games and arcade facilities or merchandise. I assume Sony would want to skip them, but they also could somehow integrate them.
I don't know why people assume Sony doesn't have a use for Gangan. They own an anime company, they own a manga company. They have a finger in that pie. Its the arcade stuff that is the stickler to me, everything else fits inside of Sony as it currently exists.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't know why people assume Sony doesn't have a use for Gangan. They own an anime company, they own a manga company. They have a finger in that pie. Its the arcade stuff that is the stickler to me, everything else fits inside of Sony as it currently exists.
I could see them divesting any aspects of it that they had no use for.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony is interested on anime, but as far as I remember they aren't interested in mangas or magazines.

But well, in any case since they have that deal with Kadokawa. So Sony could keep for Sony the IPs and anime part and give Kadokawa the mangas part.

Regarding arcade games and arcade facilities I assume they could sell them to someone else interested on this, like Bandai Namco or Capcom.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If Pitchbook says Sony bought them, it’s a dead certainty.

Pitchbook has been around since the late 90s and is an industry tool for VC firms and investors to track what’s hot and what’s new in tech startups.

Any information submitted to them is vetted through multiple means before publication, as they do not want their credibility damaged by a rumour killing finding for someone or causing any legal action against them. It’s also insanely expensive because of it being a powerful tool for a very narrow market.

If they said it, it’s the gospel truth.
Is there a way to type in other companies aligned with sony on that website? Like deviation or arrowhead?

Angie

Forum Veteran
5 Jul 2022
Is there a way to type in other companies aligned with sony on that website? Like deviation or arrowhead?
That website is far from reliable

They just pick rumors from internet most of the times. At one point they listed Square as being owned by Sony

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and Dabaus

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
That website is far from reliable

They just pick rumors from internet most of the times. At one point they listed Square as being owned by Sony
How long ago was that? The way square is behaving (zero xbox games announced for 2023 and beyond) I think there is something going on behind the scenes.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Angie

Forum Veteran
5 Jul 2022
How long ago was that? The way square is behaving (zero xbox games announced for 2023 and beyond) I think there is something going on behind the scenes.
Around when the rumors started with Kinda Funny.
After nothing happened. They removed it.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Around when the rumors started with Kinda Funny.
After nothing happened. They removed it.
Ah, im of the opinion where thers smoke, theres fire. Not saying sony bought the whole company but maybe a large investment under the table waiting for this activsion deal to settle before a formal announcement.