Sony Might Have Just Internally Delayed Several PlayStation Exclusives

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
There is no shortage of video games released into the marketplace. However, if you’re strictly after exclusives, then you might actually see a bit of a delay on some PlayStation titles. This all stems back to a recent financial report made by Sony that is not starting to spread online. According to the report, there was some impact of changes in the launch dates of a portion of first-party titles. That doesn’t sound good, but we don’t know just what video games might have been pushed back.

We can continue to speculate what titles might have been pushed further back than Sony expected. Thanks to Twitter user Ethangach, we have news of Sony making some changes to the first-party titles that were slated to launch within this fiscal year. That would have put games that are releasing all the way until March 31, 2024. But again, since this is only a brief statement within the latest Sony financials, we’re not certain what those games might be. That might have also been why some fans were left a bit perplexed by the lack of some expected video game announcements and studios from Sony’s previous PlayStation Showcase.
F3FvZwfWUAASO_0

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
So this likely means that games like FairGame, Concord and other games likely delayed to next FY (all multiplayer focused). When these MP games comes out, they will come out fast like one after another.

If those games that I listed above are delayed to Fy24, that means Sony will have 7-8 live service games release that fiscal year.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
So this likely means that games like FairGame, Concord and other games likely delayed to next FY (all multiplayer focused). When these MP games comes out, they will come out fast like one after another.

If those games that I listed above are delayed to Fy24, that means Sony will have 7-8 live service games released that fiscal year.
the fact that those games were shown via CGI trailers tells me those were not the ones delayed.

if they release that many live games (assuming they have similar approach to GaaS) that would Square Enix levels of stupidity.

The reality of the situation is that GaaS are harder to make, (not even supposed experts in the matter can nail them: Bungie,Blizzard) and the ones who do Activision, Epic; have an army of devs making content nonstop.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
the fact that those games were shown via CGI trailers tells me those were not the ones delayed.
Do you mean those games were not ready and that's why they they showed CGI?
if they release that many live games (assuming they have similar approach to GaaS) that would Square Enix levels of stupidity.
I think they will delay the games that were supposed to come out in FY24 (the multiplayers one) and push them next FY.
The reality of the situation is that GaaS are harder to make, (not even supposed experts in the matter can nail them: Bungie,Blizzard) and the ones who do Activision, Epic; have an army of devs making content nonstop.
Can't disagree here.
However some Sony live service game are double AA or smaller in scale and others are bigger. It will be easier to have constant content for smaller tittles.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Thank you. You just explained why Sony's GaaS will either fail or has to eat all development resources from single player games to succeed, because GaaS needs army of developers making content nonstop.
And that's what I fear from this GaaS shify.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I had pointed this out before. It's pretty obvious that there are internal issues with their releases, most likely resulting from changes enacted by the dynamic duo.

But I'm sure sycophants will be quick to point out the "record sales" and "record revenue" as if that has translated to more games for us, players.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
I had pointed this out before. It's pretty obvious that there are internal issues with their releases, most likely resulting from changes enacted by the dynamic duo.

But I'm sure sycophants will be quick to point out the "record sales" and "record revenue" as if that has translated to more games for us, players.
But the games that are being delayed are from studios that they have recently acquired. Studios with sole purpose of creating live service games.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sorta a nothing burger. Bet is on those of those shifted release dates being software they’ve never officially announced or shown.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
More than likely zero of them are f2p and no it’s not a recipe for disaster. Most f2p games are flash in the pan garbage.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
I think that their original plan was to release Factions and Twisted Metal in this FY, since they had the tv series for both. But we know for sure that Factions is going to be reorganized and rumors say that the unannounced Twisted Metal game changed developer from Lucid to Firesprite

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
More than likely zero of them are f2p and no it’s not a recipe for disaster. Most f2p games are flash in the pan garbage.

Like Fortnite, apex legends, CSGO, destiny, rocket league, path of exile, dota, lol, valorant, genshin/honkai ...

If Sony is arrogant enough to ask for full price in an ultra competitive market where they don't have any experience, they are out of their minds. You want as less barriers of entry as possible for your multiplayer game, from price to specs required to run it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But the games that are being delayed are from studios that they have recently acquired. Studios with sole purpose of creating live service games.

Whats your source for saying this?