Sony Might Have Just Internally Delayed Several PlayStation Exclusives

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
With how braindead Sony's current leadership is, I wouldn't be surprised if they were $70 with microtransactions
They are trying to replicate Destruction AllStars and they'll succeed at doing that.

Mostly likely the online games. Not single player.
Most likely online games, because that's pretty much all they are making. :LOL:

fuck bungie
Bungie about to walk into every PlayStation studio that'is making a game without predatory monetization schemes and halt production.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Bungie about to walk into every PlayStation studio that'is making a game without predatory monetization schemes and halt production.
I like how it's all "Your game won't be able to keep players "invested". Gotta look into it." ND didn't have problems with TLOU or Uncharted MP before. Not every game needs to be Destiny. Gotta pump thos MTX numbers up, ND. Those are rookie numbers.

200.gif

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I like how it's all "Your game won't be able to keep players "invested". Gotta look into it." ND didn't have problems with TLOU or Uncharted MP before. Not every game needs to be Destiny. Gotta pump thos MTX numbers up, ND. Those are rookie numbers.

200.gif
It would also be naive to assume that such influence will stop at multiplayer games. Plenty of mobile games with terribly predatory monetization ain't even multiplayer.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

F3FvZwfWUAASO_0
So this likely means that games like FairGame, Concord and other games likely delayed to next FY (all multiplayer focused).
I highly doubt it, Concord was announced as 2024 game, meaning late 2024 so already part of the next FY. FairGame$ was announced without mentioning year meaning it's probably a 2025 or more realistically 2026 game, something that would make sense because the studio was founded in 2021 and to found a studio and make a AAA game takes time.

I think the delayed ones are TLOU and the Deviation game. Maybe also a Firesprite game (maybe Twisted Metal if it exist?) or one of the gazillion 2nd party games they have under development (maybe the Ballistic Moon one?). Or who knows, maybe it's even the new IP that Cory wanted to pitch back in 2018.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Like Fortnite, apex legends, CSGO, destiny, rocket league, path of exile, dota, lol, valorant, genshin/honkai ...

If Sony is arrogant enough to ask for full price in an ultra competitive market where they don't have any experience, they are out of their minds. You want as less barriers of entry as possible for your multiplayer game, from price to specs required to run it.

Fortnite started as a retail zombie fortress game. Destiny costs $120 and requires XBL or ps plus paywall a year to play where the f2p acts a launcher at best. Warzone launched off the back retail CoD. PUBG just went f2p in the last year.

Most successful games do not immediately launch f2p and there a number of factors to determine if that’s even viable and when. Strictly PVP games are more likely to launch f2p but even that’s a massive gamble.

Most f2p releases are flash in the pan; most recent being that Warner Bros. Smash clone that died in a month.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
More than likely zero of them are f2p and no it’s not a recipe for disaster. Most f2p games are flash in the pan garbage.
Like Fortnite, apex legends, CSGO, destiny, rocket league, path of exile, dota, lol, valorant, genshin/honkai ...

If Sony is arrogant enough to ask for full price in an ultra competitive market where they don't have any experience, they are out of their minds. You want as less barriers of entry as possible for your multiplayer game, from price to specs required to run it.
So according to you games like CoD, FIFA, NBA2K, Destiny, Gran Turismo 7, MLB, Mortal Kombat 11, Forza Horizon, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls online, Fallout 76, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 3 etc. were also "arrogant" and "a recipe for a disaster" or it's only applied if the publisher of a non F2P GaaS is Sony?

Gotta look into it." ND didn't have problems with TLOU or Uncharted MP before.
Sony announced that TLOU Online was delayed, or that at least they were going to need more time than they originally estimated to show it. Delays are something very common in most games, but typically happens when the game still aren't announced or shown. Doesn't mean that they have problems.

Previous Uncharted and TLOU projects also received multiple public delays plus the ones they had internally and we didn't know about them. Some examples:
https://venturebeat.com/games/a-timeline-of-uncharted-4s-many-delays/
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/2/2...-delayed-indefinitely-coronavirus-iron-man-vr

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-last-of-us-has-been-delayed-on-pc-naughty-dog-confirms/

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony announced that TLOU Online was delayed, or that at least they were going to need more time than they originally estimated to show it. Delays are something very common in most games, but typically happens when the game still aren't announced or shown. Doesn't mean that they have problems.

More time than needed + scaled back production = Dev hell / cancellation.

You can keep on denying reality.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
So according to you games like CoD, FIFA, NBA2K, Destiny, Gran Turismo 7, MLB, Mortal Kombat 11, Forza Horizon, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls online, Fallout 76, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 3 etc. were also "arrogant" and "a recipe for a disaster" or it's only applied if the publisher of a non F2P GaaS is Sony.

Well... for starters sony is the new kid in town here and will compete in the biggest jungle of them all for multiplayer: PC. On PC out of nowhere 3 guys can release a game like battlebit and steal your thunder.

And several of those games you mention have robust single player content so they can use different monetization methods. It all depends on what Sony idea of Gaas is. If it's a single player experience with multiplayer elements added on top like Forza, MK8 MK11, GT7 Smash... they can sell it for a price.

But if it's a purely multiplayer experience that lives or dies by having an active playerbase... good luck asking for full price and high end specs.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They talks about a portion of first-party but don't detail it.
So we can only speculate which studios are these.

Most problably Naughty Dog with that forever MP game is one of them... it was supposed to be launch at end of 2022 and until now nothing.

It is surprise but ND didn't release a single new game for the new generation and we are 3 years in the generation.
They are really letting down this gen while the previous ones they were very efficient.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well... for starters sony is the new kid in town here and will compete in the biggest jungle of them all for multiplayer: PC. On PC out of nowhere 3 guys can release a game like battlebit and steal your thunder.

And several of those games you mention have robust single player content so they can use different monetization methods. It all depends on what Sony idea of Gaas is. If it's a single player experience with multiplayer elements added on top like Forza, MK8 MK11, GT7 Smash... they can sell it for a price.

But if it's a purely multiplayer experience that lives or dies by having an active playerbase... good luck asking for full price and high end specs.
Bungie is the new kid in town? As I remember Destiny broke the record of best selling new IP in gaming history and redefined MP and GaaS in console.

And Arrowhead? I thought they made several successful and highly reviewed multiplayer games before.

Same goes with Haven, with many people who worked in games like the highly successful Assasin's Creed, Watchdogs or Rainbow Six Siege, or most people in Firewalk or Deviation who worked in many top MP games like Destiny, Halo, CoD, Apex Legends and many other top shooters.

Gran Turismo and MLB are new kids in the block too? Do you think they don't have robust single player? They are Sony GaaS.

And btw, do you know that Sony already had very successful and profitable GaaS games like PS Home and Little Big Planet before?

It is surprise but ND didn't release a single new game for the new generation and we are 3 years in the generation.
They are really letting down this gen while the previous ones they were very efficient.
They released TLOU2 three years ago, months before the generation started. Back then they had a single big team and nowadays you need way more than 3 years to release a new big ass AAA game.

Since then they released the TLOUP1 remake and Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection on PS5 and PC.

Plus they are working on TLOU Online which is their biggest game ever in addition to more games, being at least one of them single player only.

Every generation AAA games require more work to be made because they are bigger and more detailed. So every new generation they need more workers and more time to be develope a AAA game. Not only at ND, but in every single AAA studio.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The only announced playstation games I'm looking forward to are Spider-Man which won't be delayed , wolverine which probably won't be till late 2024 & stellar blade which hasn't had a mention in a long while , couldn't give less of a shit about any of their gaas multiplayer games

• sad

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They talks about a portion of first-party but don't detail it.
So we can only speculate which studios are these.

Most problably Naughty Dog with that forever MP game is one of them... it was supposed to be launch at end of 2022 and until now nothing.

Hard to release a new game when they were busy remaking TLoU Part I, working on PC ports and making a GaaS. They are likely working on a TLoU Part 2 DC/PC port as well. Their next single player game is probably many years away, 2026 or later.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So according to you games like CoD, FIFA, NBA2K, Destiny, Gran Turismo 7, MLB, Mortal Kombat 11, Forza Horizon, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls online, Fallout 76, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 3 etc. should be F2P too or are only arrogant if paid GaaS are published by Sony?

Fallout 76 had an interesting rollout. Just kept its retail price but that also meant no expansion content friggin ever. Didn’t really work but Not the worst method.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Any difficulty Playstation teams are having releasing games right now is probably double at other publishers. Herman is the man, he's doing a great job.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hard to release a new game when they were busy remaking TLoU Part I, working on PC ports and making a GaaS. They are likely working on a TLoU Part 2 DC/PC port as well. Their next single player game is probably many years away, 2026 or later.
I understand it was due the TV show but even so even today I question the decision of what Sony/ND to make a re re release of TLOU.
It was not needed... you could use the TV show hype to push more sales to the PS4 and patched PS5 version of the same game.
Uncharted had the same issues imo.

And to end they failed miserabely with the PC ports that I hope give a opening to ND/Sony think a bit about that strategy.

About the GAAS title the only complain I have is that it was not launched with TLOU2... for me TLOU2 value lose a lot without the MP because it was one of best parts of original TLOU.
After that they just broke promises over promises.

Outside that Sony/ND needs to invest in the TLOU MP refresh... it was something awesome in the past so it deservers a new entry.

PS. I see no difference in single-player or GAAS games... I love both... after all GOOD games are GOOD no matter if SP only or GAAS... so I want both to have key titles on PlayStation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Any difficulty Playstation teams are having releasing games right now is probably double at other publishers. Herman is the man, he's doing a great job.
To give devs extra time with a delay to improve and polish the games and release them when ready is good. See cases of God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 or Zelda TooK.

It's better than to release games in a state that needed like an extra year of improvement of polish like Redfall or the TLOUP1 port at release.

A delay doesn't mean difficulty or issues. It only means that as a creative job to make games is very hard and unpredictable, and specially with thousands of people working on it, it's very hard to nail a schedule specially when aiming for GOTY candidate levels of quality. So delays are common. And that's fine if you want top quality games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I understand it was due the TV show but even so even today I question the decision of what Sony/ND to make a re re release of TLOU.
It was not needed... you could use the TV show hype to push more sales to the PS4 and patched PS5 version of the same game.
Uncharted had the same issues imo.

And to end they failed miserabely with the PC ports that I hope give a opening to ND/Sony think a bit about that strategy.

About the GAAS title the only complain I have is that it was not launched with TLOU2... for me TLOU2 value lose a lot without the MP because it was one of best parts of original TLOU.
After that they just broke promises over promises.

Outside that Sony/ND needs to invest in the TLOU MP refresh... it was something awesome in the past so it deservers a new entry.

PS. I see no difference in single-player or GAAS games... I love both... after all GOOD games are GOOD no matter if SP only or GAAS... so I want both to have key titles on PlayStation.
I still am interested in the TLoU MP games but the stuff about Bungie being involved in it's direction displeases me.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I still am interested in the TLoU MP games but the stuff about Bungie being involved in it's direction displeases me.
We will agree to disagree here because Destiny was one of the best games I ever played in my life.
So some Bungie magic is welcome to any GAAS game.

In fact the whole industry wants to have that Bungie's magic because most only keep trying to copy but failing since 2014 while Destiny/Destiny 2 (I consider them the same game... not sure why they choose to create a new release) is probably at peak yet after 10 years.

That makes me exited for their new game Marathon.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What's bungies magic? Deleting content from paying customers?
When you play Destiny 2 it feels like anything else in the market and it so satisficing that you can take hours and hours there.
It is that great.

Something that others can't give you.
So I call that Bungie's magic.
There is something in Destiny that hold players... it even had record sales again last year (even so I know there is a vocal minority in ERA, GAF, etc that hates the game in the heart).

They are doing something right even if there are some controversial decisions.

Last edited: