Sony Pictures Core, formerly Bravia Core, launches on PS5 and PS4 consoles; exclusive benefits including early access to select Sony Pictures films

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
The monthly games are more than good enough for that extra $20. Some people won't be satisfied until they get the whole store for free 🙄
I'll agree to disagree with you, but I was more than comfortable paying $60 per year for the games we've been getting. $80 per year? Not so much. And I don't expect "the whole store for free" 😂 if I wanted WelfarePass, I'd boot up my Xbox more than once a year.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Charlie Day Ok GIF

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The monthly games are more than good enough for that extra $20. Some people won't be satisfied until they get the whole store for free 🙄
Its not that, it's just the value proposition of what you're buying. They need to sort PS3 BC out. Tear down the paper wall between games library and classics library. Make all games purchaseable, downloadable or streamable. Online play and cloud saves should be free. Game pre-orders should be film/show/anime/comics digital codes or game series bundles. Getting code veronica remake? Maybe you want to redeem the old ps2 classic, or see re: vendetta. Better than 6 upgrade tokens and a digital artbook when Sony have largely done away with custom wallpaper/themes.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I finally watched Final Fantasy spirits Within thanks to the Sony Core collection, I'm surprised tbis movie flopped back in the day. It wasnt even bad, it was actually a lot better than i expected.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I finally watched Final Fantasy spirits Within thanks to the Sony Core collection, I'm surprised tbis movie flopped back in the day. It wasnt even bad, it was actually a lot better than i expected.
Damn, good your already getting something from it 🔥

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good news! Let's see which are these 100+ movies added to PS+ Premium and also the pricing of the movies, but with what we know seems a understandable move that several people asked for, specially once they add Crunchyroll stuff.

So this is why they increased the price, hopefully we get Crunchyroll as well since Sony owns that
Also echoing other sentiments that hopefully this means more Crunchyroll content is offered through the app.

The PS Blog post mentions:
"This is just the beginning, and we plan to evolve the offerings and benefits of Sony Pictures Core over time – including a selection of hit anime content from Crunchyroll. "

Also:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interesting. Does deluxe member mean Extra tier ?
PS+ Deluxe is a cheaper version of PS+ Premium, which is the same but without PS cloud gaming.

It's only available in the countries not supported by PS cloud gaming / PS+ Premium.

Another subscription service 🤦‍♂️ More split content for no reason, you might as well just get cable with on demand again (or just pirate). I miss the OG Netflix days when they had almost everything.
It isn't a subscription service, it's a free app where you can buy or rent specific movies, one by one. It has 2000+ movies and in the future they'll include some Crunchyroll content.

PS+ Premium now will have an extra perk where they'll have 100 rotating movies to stream.

They didn't mention anything about exclusivity, I assume these movies are the ones Sony also has in other services and stores. And maybe older movies that the other services or stores didn't sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMJeffy

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023

To Be honest this would be nice but the problem is this only means current gen tvs more then likely I have a 2018 Samsung Q9FN it has funimation built in but does not have crunchyroll so this really isn't s benefit to anyone who has an older model. I'm more then happy to be proved wrong though.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To Be honest this would be nice but the problem is this only means current gen tvs more then likely I have a 2018 Samsung Q9FN it has funimation built in but does not have crunchyroll so this really isn't s benefit to anyone who has an older model. I'm more then happy to be proved wrong though.
I thought Funimation and Crunchyroll merged in the past. Maybe they didn't update the app for that tv?

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I thought Funimation and Crunchyroll merged in the past. Maybe they didn't update the app for that tv?
They did but they still have a separate app for some tvs I sent a request to Funimation about changing the app but the response I remember getting is that its not in their power to do so and they would atleast try to work something out. I mean I watch Crunchyroll on my Ps5 all the time but it would be nice to have an app in my TV instead.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They did but they still have a separate app for some tvs I sent a request to Funimation about changing the app but the response I remember getting is that its not in their power to do so and they would atleast try to work something out. I mean I watch Crunchyroll on my Ps5 all the time but it would be nice to have an app in my TV instead.
Im looking forward to more anime on this app.

• Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Huh? It's pretty bad lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I see. I assume that for them may be a pain in the ass to update tv specific apps or a gazillion tvs, so maybe they don't support anymore older models and only support wider platforms that support a gazillion tvs as Google TV, Apple TV (and maybe some propietary OS that modern LG and Samsung may have) without needing to update the apps specifically to each tv.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Avoid Samsung in the future, they are infamous for never updating their Smart TVs.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Avoid Samsung in the future, they are infamous for never updating their Smart TVs.
Damn Samsung was always regarded as top of the line TV brand. I always use to buy Samsung and LG had some good panels few years back.