Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymon's Fairgame$

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
recepcao-interna-de-fairgame-na-sony-estaria-bastante-positiva-113179.webp

One of the company's upcoming titles is Fairgame$, a multiplayer extraction game developed by Jade Raymond, former producer of Assassin's Creed. Although we still don't have much information about the project, it seems that internally it's going well.

The information came from Chris Dring, a journalist for the Games Industry portal. According to him, internal talks at Sony about Fairgame$ are very positive, with the studio committed to making the game work and providing ongoing support.

I've heard good things about Jade Raymond's game, Fairgame$, I've heard good things about it. So I know people are a bit skeptical about the trailer, but I've heard that the internal conversations about it are very positive. These other projects, which I assume are the ones they're focusing on, are the ones they're going to bet on. They're going to launch it, they're going to support it and try to make it work.
What's more, he claims that Sony was already worried about Concord before its release. During the Summer Games Fest, the majority opted to test Astro Bot and LEGO Horizon Adventures instead of Concord, which would have shaken internal confidence in the project.

Source

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Based on what?

They had no idea Helldivers would blow up and put a ton of resources into marketing Concord. They even bought the studio

Safe to say they don't know what they are doing

Fairgame$ needs a complete aesthetic make over to be a chance at succeeding. If they pop back up with independent black woman leading the trailer again they are DOA

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Sony just needs to exit the live space entirely. None of their projects have panned out.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This is what I call " a proactive damage control "
The game seems to be coming next year and from the cgi, it's definitely an innovative game made for modern audience 🤣

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I mean the game is good! Why can you guys differentiate gameplay from what really was the issue here?
The game is technically sound. No bugs. But the gameplay looks like something you've played 100 times before. And he should have seen the overall design as well. That's why I want the studio management out but the actual developers to make another game.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They could put girls with big boobs and muscular white men in the game and it still wouldn't change the trajectory. The game was received worse than Concord and Hyenas.

The tone of the game is just weird.

• sad
Reactions: RE4-Station

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Hermens judgement is in question at this point.

Who asked for so many Horizon projects?

Who asked for all these GAAS?

His goals don't seem to be aligned or focused on anything to do with the PlayStation audience.
instead of firing Hermen Hulst.... Connie Booth who worked for the company for almost 34 years got the L

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Loy310 and Bryank75

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
Given Sonys live service track record, this means nothing.
That’s like Michael Pachter predicting anything about the industry.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I dont know who is reviewing projects but fairgames looked terrible as well.
Interesting to note: The Fairgames trailer was all CGI. No gameplay. I can understand you being confused if you're a casual. If you're posing on a game message board you should know that CGI trailers don't represent gameplay very well.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
The anti GAASers:

2000-yard-stare-tom-lea.jpg

You really thought the war was over after one measly victory? You have no idea what's coming...