Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Why don't PC gamers do that instead of fucking Sony over? Why don't PC gamers remaster Tetris instead of fucking Sony over? Why don't PC gamers attack farmers instead of fucking Sony over? Why don't PC gamers (insert brainless take here) instead of fucking over my overlord Sony?

Many such cases.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony is so dumb.

Let's see if they see the right direction now... no more Steam releases... their own store front with PSN requirement.
I honestly would appreciate that. Would be good and then PCMR will even boycott Sony more. This will be the final coffin nail for Sony's PC ambitions. Sony needs to learn it the hard way.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kyoji

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
In my humble opinion, all the people whining because Sony listened to customer feedback and acted accordingly just need to cope harder.

I get that you thought mighty Sony could just whip out their dick, roll it off over the table and tell their customers to fuck off.
Turns out that only happens inside the wet fantasies of some billion-dollar corporation fans, and reality hits a little bit different.

It's not in SIE's best interests to maintain such a strained relationship with their customers. PSN linking is important to them and will probably still happen in future games (or online components of future games like Tsushima), but not to the point of screwing up what might still become 2024's multiplayer GOTY.

FFS people on console make Japanese PSN accounts all the time while being in Europe and NA with no bans. The TOS violation was the VPN, not the account.
This is false. The PSN TOS clearly state we must answer truthfully during the registration, and the registration asks what our country of residence is,
Anyone setting up a false address during PSN registration is breaking the PSN's TOS.

3.1. All information provided during Account creation, and during the use of your Account, must be accurate and complete. We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or restrict any Account (including as stated in Section 12.2 of this Agreement) that uses or was created using false information, or that we determine was created or used for a purpose that violates this Agreement.

3.2. During Account creation you must select the country or region of your residence and in which your account will be registered in. Once your account is created, you will not be able to change the country or region code associated with your account.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Hell yeah, I'm 82. MuCh smaRTeR.
I kid you not, I'm in disbelief. Those people want to blame Steam for selling the game or want us to revolt against Nivida and AMD, or the prices of gas and milk, or talk about the decades-ago stories. All that instead of just saying: Yeah, that was not right from Sony.

Not to mention calling people who bought the game on Steam legally pirates and leeches, they don't know what those words mean. It's so funny and I have seen so many insanely stupid takes that I cannot even begin to mention them all.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
In my humble opinion, all the people whining because Sony listened to customer feedback and acted accordingly just need to cope harder.
Only a retarded company that wants to shut down its doors would ignore half a million reviews on Steam and would tell everyone "Just buy a PS5 LOL". Absurd.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Instead Helldivers devs are taking all the backlash and probably very turned off the idea of being acquired by Sony now if it was in the plans
The only issue here is only childish, retarded and whiny PC users.

Sony and Arrowhead didn't do anything wrong. And without Sony's support and funding Arrowhead would be continue being a tiny unknown studio as they were before Helldivers 1.

This shouldn't have caused any issue, it's something already announced, public and that it isn't an issue at all, other than for users from the countries not included there, who would have to select another country. A small non-issue, that Sony should have to look at to improve looking at Helldivers 2, GoT and all future Sony games to be released on PC featuring online multiplayer.

Reactions: Box and Gediminas

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The only issue here is only childish, retarded and whiny PC users.

Sony and Arrowhead didn't do anything wrong. And without Sony's support and funding Arrowhead would be continue being a tiny unknown studio as they were before Helldivers 1.

This shouldn't have caused any issue, it's something already announced, public and that it isn't an issue at all, other than for users from the countries not included there, who would have to select another country. A small non-issue, that Sony should have to look at to improve looking at Helldivers 2, GoT and all future Sony games to be released on PC featuring online multiplayer.

The customer is always right, even when they're wrong.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I dont think Sony was trying to crush the lil guy or fuck people over. I think what we have now at sie are folks in charge of sie that don't fully understand the situation and relied too much on legal to fix the problem and you cant do that with gamers specially pc gamers.
So lesson learned for all parties involved;
1. Gamers need to read the fine print.
2. Sony cant fix a problem by telling gamers “fuck you read the fine print”.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Arrowhead CM
al9Hm9V.png

PlayStation said:
We’re still learning what is best for PC players and your feedback has been invaluable. Thanks again for your continued support of Helldivers 2 and we’ll keep you updated on future plans.

This statement makes PlayStation look so weak right now

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I get that you thought mighty Sony could just whip out their dick, roll it off over the table and tell their customers to fuck off.
Turns out that only happens inside the wet fantasies of some billion-dollar corporation fans, and reality hits a little bit different.

It's not in SIE's best interests to maintain such a strained relationship with their customers. PSN linking is important to them and will probably still happen in future games (or online components of future games like Tsushima), but not to the point of screwing up what might still become 2024's multiplayer GOTY.

This is false. The PSN TOS clearly state we must answer truthfully during the registration, and the registration asks what our country of residence is,
Anyone setting up a false address during PSN registration is breaking the PSN's TOS.
what don't you get with, that you can create account from different regions? clearly i need to repeat myself.

from the beginning of PSN, people were creating accounts from different countries, whole COUNTRIES CREATED ACCOUNTS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

i never ever heard anyone from those countries be banned because of it, ever in PSN lifetime. fucking hell.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Arrowhead CM
al9Hm9V.png
If one of their CMs told their customers to review bomb and refund their own game deserves to be fired, his/her job is the opposite: to generate good mood in their community and extinguish any fires and riots that may appear, instead of causing them.

The customer is always right, even when they're wrong.
This is not true at all. The customer is sometimes wrong and companies shouldn't be stupid. If an entitled retarded crybaby says that the company has to buy him a Ferrari because he doesn't spend half a minute to fill a simple form the company shouldn't listen that customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Now PC gamers can go back to create a rockstar account to play GTA VI one or two years later and beg Sony to port Bloodborne to pc on every Steam review.

Also, Sony is run by a bunch of amateurs. What a stupid and avoidable mistake with long term consequences for both their PC and console business.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Steam Nonces can get away with bullying developers, doing fraud and spreading viterol hate but console players pay for everything?

• sad
Reactions: Gediminas