Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
they will never port day and date.
And I have a bridge to sell too, These guys have no backbone- they could have just refunded all the steam users that have no PSN present in their country that would have sent a message of them having some backbone but they just gave in like a lump of wet tissues, now they will continuously keep making concessions. This wishy washy behavior will cost them their core ps fanbase

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'll bet that. Third party devs don't count though. I'd need to see Guerilla or Insomniac do it. If Sony x FROM happens and it's PC it won't count.

This goes until 2028 (y)
so, 10$, i bet, 1st party game will be released day and date till 2028

your bet, they won't release 1st game till 2028 day and date?

is second party counts? like Sackboy? Helldivers 2? ( as they are Playstation IP done by 3rd party and funded by Playstation? )

how about Bungie games? Concord etc?

we need to settle the rules :D

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

is second party counts? like Sackboy? Helldivers 2? ( as they are Playstation IP done by 3rd party and funded by Playstation? )
I will one up you, these spineless idiots will release helldivers 2 on xbox within the next year. No faith in them at all

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Just fucking came to my mind.....So, all of a sudden all honest so called PC gamers ( and Xbots who are hiding behind it ) now remember TOS and how Steam will ban you and PSN will ban you and how you are violating a TOS. LOL

Just figure it out that Xbox Live is supported in even less countries than PSN, less than a 50. So, regarding Xbox Live and Steam, when you buy a Xbox game, Forza Horizon 5, you need to link Steam account to Xbox Live account. Since bunch of countries aren't supported by Xbox Live like Steam is, how, let's say South Korea, the South Korean Steam users are connecting to Xbox Live account then since XBL doesn't support South Korea??? Easy, nothing will happen. No one will ban you.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

how about Bungie games? Concord etc?

we need to settle the rules :D
Sony owned studio only releases a non gaas game by 2028 day and date PC, and you win. I only say this because I genuinely think FROM is cooking w sony and they'll put that game on PC.

Reactions: Gediminas

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
okey, terms agreed :) one more detail. does PSVR2 allowed from first party?
I'm thinking a AAA game that in Sony's usual niche. I'd say no simply because VR has such a small audience.

Pretty much a scenario i'd consider a nightmare for their business for you to win. If sony gives up their AAA exclusives... what are we really there for then?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm thinking a AAA game that in Sony's usual niche. I'd say no simply because VR has such a small audience.

Pretty much a scenario i'd consider a nightmare for their business for you to win. If sony gives up their AAA exclusives... what are we really there for then?
Okey. Deal.

• Shake
Reactions: voke

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
GM4_ktuXwAAcx7O
This is not how steam works. The publisher is the one who sets the regions the game is sold in.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Arrowhead CM is xbot through and through.

imagine, working at the firm and telling customers to FUCK that firm. like seriously? this is a retarded shit you hear from xbots... oh yeah, he is one :ROFLMAO:
They said why, it was because it gives them more sway with Sony.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
That's it, the PC crowd won, even though practically all the big publishers managed to force the use of their Steam accounts, it just shows how badly Sony is managed

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Returnal on PC? 6k players top.
Uc4? Rookie numbers.
Pc players don’t play single player quality games unless it’s souls because then they can brag how good they are at beating tough game with cheat engine.

Stellar blade should never go to pc
I'd say this is a gross generalization.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I meant, which publisher will the irate mob go against now. Clearly linking an account is the work of the devil, so.....
I'm gonna need you all to stop acting like it's just linking an account that is the issue.

It was the fact that they knowingly sold in countries they do not support and then enforced the linking again.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Look at most of the “positive reviews”, they all mention how Sony is evil and trash and that they “defeated” them. A lot of that is because of the terrible job Arrowhead’s community managers did.

Yeah, Sony is evil for making this game possible, funding this studio for 10+ years.

Just like how Epic is evil for making Alan Wake 2 an EGS exclusive even though they completely funded its development the last 5 years. Arguably the best game of this generation and they refuse to play it because it isn’t on Steam.

Steam chuds are the most tribalistic losers in gaming, they hate everything that isn’t Steam, and a monopoly is all they want.
You could also just not suck up to a company that was willingly trying to scam people. I don't know why you feel such a tribalistic attachment to Sony, but it's kind of weird bro.