Sony says the PS5 is its "most profitable generation to date."

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Covid was an outlier. Obviously there is going to be a readjustment, but from here steady growth is the expectation.
The point is they never had 50 even during peak covid with maximum PS4 userbase and the PS5 at the height of FOMO, and now they hit 50 after they raised prices. I was expecting a ~10% decline.

psplus.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Maybe that should give you and other doomers pause with some of your analysis?

Eh... why bother though right?
I'm not really a doomer. I'm a realist. You already saw the results of day&date with PC with what happened to xbox. I'm saying that as a primary PC gamer, who wants PS to exist because I like the fact that they're one of the few remaining AAA single player publishers that aren't fucking up their releases with season passes, mtx, cosmetics, payment plans, car loans, ad breaks, etc etc etc

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
GOyaGk4WkAAayaV

PlayStation Plus : 50 million
  • Essential = 32.5 million
  • Premium + Extra = 17.5 million in 21 months
Xbox Game Pass : 34 million
  • Ultimate/PC/Console = 23 million after 80 months
  • Core (Live Gold) = 11 million

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The only difference between ps+ and gamepass is xbox first party day 1 releases and some 3rd party day 1 releases, and considering the quality of xbox 1st party I don't think ps+ lags that far behind in the quality of their offerings. If they start offering more ps3 and ps2 games in the higher tiers I see them gaining another 5-7 million subs for the higher tiers in the next 18-24 months.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The only difference between ps+ and gamepass is xbox first party day 1 releases and some 3rd party day 1 releases, and considering the quality of xbox 1st party I don't think ps+ lags that far behind in the quality of their offerings. If they start offering more ps3 and ps2 games in the higher tiers I see them gaining another 5-7 million subs for the higher tiers in the next 18-24 months.
Relevant third party release haven't been a thing for a long time on Gamepass.

To me PS+ Extra has been a better service all along and great for people new to PlayStation.

Premium has been an embarrassment.

Reactions: Johnic and VillaiN

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Relevant third party release haven't been a thing for a long time on Gamepass.

To me PS+ Extra has been a better service all along and great for people new to PlayStation.

Premium has been an embarrassment.
Premium is worth it alone for streaming. It so convenient for me 🤷🏽

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah Ps streaming is pretty good lol, xcloud is shit, PS streaming is just a bit behind Geforce Now and if they add portal streaming it will instantly become the best cloud service on the market

You do know Playstation uses Azure cloud for streaming which is owned by Microsoft?

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Ico

8 May 2024
if theyre doing well now imagine when the gaming development side of the company finally catches up, i can see that the second half of the ps5 generation being something truly special with all the games theyre cooking rn + tv/cinema adaptations, its a shame that we need to endure such a dry & quiet period before all this

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
if theyre doing well now imagine when the gaming development side of the company finally catches up, i can see that the second half of the ps5 generation being something truly special with all the games theyre cooking rn + tv/cinema adaptations, its a shame that we need to endure such a dry & quiet period before all this

Yes, they specifically said that they expect profits to rise a lot in 2025 & 2026 due to first party. So output must be scheduled to be very strong in those years. But many of us expected as much.

Reactions: anonpuffs