Sony Subsidiary Aniplex Is Publishing the New Game from Danganronpa's Devs, But It's Skipping PS5

24 Jun 2022
Will Jez Corden complain about this game skipping PS5? Of course not, he only cares about it when Xbox is the platform not getting a game.

Same with most of these Western games journalists; they only suddenly care about "more games to more people" or stuff being multiplat if it's a game that doesn't come out on Xbox. When not even a year ago, these same people were giddy about all the Zenimax & ABK games aside from COD being Xbox console exclusives.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

What do you guys think about this? Another great call by Sony? I continue to be impressed by them, they really don't care at all.

Idc 🤷🏽‍♂️ it’s a snippet game not an SIE game. Sony owns ghostbusters and the games are always multiplat because it’s owned by the film division and they farm it out to whomever. Sony also owns the demon slayer rights yet that game was a multiplat because aniplex controls the rights not SIE. PS has always done stuff like this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Will Jez Corden complain about this game skipping PS5? Of course not, he only cares about it when Xbox is the platform not getting a game.

Same with most of these Western games journalists; they only suddenly care about "more games to more people" or stuff being multiplat if it's a game that doesn't come out on Xbox. When not even a year ago, these same people were giddy about all the Zenimax & ABK games aside from COD being Xbox console exclusives.
The industry sips Microsoft’s kool aid in unison. Remember when PlayStation was going to die without gamepass? I practically never see PS fans throwing a tantrum about their platform being skipped.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

He waiting on their response to his email

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Don't Sony Music release games on mobile phones?

Push Square to the batcave with another hit piece... I mean proper article from a real journalist

66b3f7ff-573c-4ab4-8563-531d3732b536_text.gif

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AllBizness
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Seems like I'm the only one that finds is absurd that they would chose to make a game for PC/Switch and not release on PS5, these is the state of things now, where something like this is interpreted as normal. I also don't get how the publication in question is to blame for this news.

You guys are ready to defend anything that comes from Sony, even them going out of their way to not support PlayStation.

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony Music Japan did publish games on Nintendo systems even before PS1 was born. Aniplex is an independent entity within the Sony corporation. Fun Fact PlayStation was at first a subsidiary of Sony Music Japan before they become their own thing. Anyway how much will this game sell?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Seems like I'm the only one that finds is absurd that they would chose to make a game for PC/Switch and not release on PS5, these is the state of things now, where something like this is interpreted as normal. I also don't get how the publication in question is to blame for these news.

You guys are ready to defend anything even Sony going out of their way to not support PlayStation.
You are apart of a small group of PS doomers, most people will just shrug their shoulders and move on. Don't you play on PC? Not sure why this even applies to you if thats the case. bro thinks we gonna act like how the bots at with capcom/square

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You are apart of a small group of PS doomers, most people will just shrug their shoulders and move on. Don't you play on PC? Not sure why this even applies to you if thats the case. bro thinks we gonna act like how the bots at with capcom/square
No, I think you are going to act exactly as you are reacting because I know who I'm dealing with.

Thankfully we have a handful of no hypocritical users that won't spare Sony of criticism just because it's Sony, I doubt you would have the same take if it was MS doing it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Last year GamePass subs got 3 months of crunchyroll for free and PS+ subscribers got nothing. All of the different Sony branches are competing with each other. There is no cohesion within the company, everyone just does whatever they want. That's why they will never reach trillion dollar status like Apple or Nvidia. Which is a shame because Sony really does have that kind of potential.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Last year GamePass subs got 3 months of crunchyroll for free and PS+ subscribers got nothing. All of the different Sony branches are competing with each other. There is no cohesion within the company, everyone just does whatever they want. That's why they will never reach trillion dollar status like Apple or Nvidia. Which is a shame because Sony really does have that kind of potential.
It's also a shame because I hold Sony shares, so much potential in there but such stupid leadership. If Sony was split into 6 different companies most of them would do a lot better and they would be worth a lot more.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
Seems like I'm the only one that finds is absurd that they would chose to make a game for PC/Switch and not release on PS5, these is the state of things now, where something like this is interpreted as normal. I also don't get how the publication in question is to blame for these news.

You guys are ready to defend anything that comes from Sony even them going out of their way to not support PlayStation.

Well, it certainly does disprove a lot of SIE's own claims about synergizing their corporate entities.

You'd think they would have a mobile footprint much sooner and tapped Aniplex to help make that happen. Instead they've been porting everything en masse to Steam under the impression it will somehow lead Steam users to buy a PS5 for a game they can most likely wait 1-2 years for anyway as they know it's almost guaranteed it'll end up on Steam.

But somehow we're asked to think this will lead to more PS5 sales 🤷‍♂️

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
AND IT'S GONNA BE ON PC, NO DENUVO

alright-alrighty-then.gif

Well, it certainly does disprove a lot of SIE's own claims about synergizing their corporate entities.

You'd think they would have a mobile footprint much sooner and tapped Aniplex to help make that happen. Instead they've been porting everything en masse to Steam under the impression it will somehow lead Steam users to buy a PS5 for a game they can most likely wait 1-2 years for anyway as they know it's almost guaranteed it'll end up on Steam.

But somehow we're asked to think this will lead to more PS5 sales 🤷‍♂️
Yeah it's already been said in here, but Aniplex operates in its own little fiefdom and doesn't care one bit about corporate synergy with any other divisions of Sony. Aniplex does what makes sense to Aniplex however bizarre their machinations may seem to anyone with a brain.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This is not unusual for Aniplex, they are completely independent from SIE and they skip PS all the time.

This news won't even get 1/4 from the MvsC no Xbox controversy. That tweet is all you'll get.

Click on publisher Aniplex and you'll get many games. Aniplex.exe too.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Weird, this sorta game would have an audience on Playstation I'd think. Maybe it contains content that Sony wanted to censor or cut out? I know a couple games have skipped Playstation because of that.