Sony Subsidiary Aniplex Is Publishing the New Game from Danganronpa's Devs, But It's Skipping PS5

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Last year GamePass subs got 3 months of crunchyroll for free and PS+ subscribers got nothing. All of the different Sony branches are competing with each other. There is no cohesion within the company, everyone just does whatever they want. That's why they will never reach trillion dollar status like Apple or Nvidia. Which is a shame because Sony really does have that kind of potential.

Hilarious how your mind works.

Microsoft paid Sony for access to Crunchyroll. Why would that immediately convey access to PS+? You realize to give out 3 months for free on PS+ that someone would have to pay for it right? It's either coming out of SIE's bottom line or Crunchyroll's.

But yeah, THAT'S why Sony is never going to reach trillion dollar status.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why wouldn't we get this on PS5? Would sell a few ten thousand units at least, looks like a decent $40 title. And it can't be that hard to emulate with the level of graphics shown.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Why wouldn't we get this on PS5? Would sell a few ten thousand units at least, looks like a decent $40 title. And it can't be that hard to emulate with the level of graphics shown.

The Danganronpa fanbase mostly moved onto the switch, a lot of niche franchises that started on the vita either died with it or moved onto the switch.

I actually miss how dedicated and tight knit the Vita fanbase used to be

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Oh, Spike Chunsoft no longer owns the rights to Danganronpa?
That series is incredible, wish I had more time to commit to it.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Oh, Spike Chunsoft no longer owns the rights to Danganronpa?
That series is incredible, wish I had more time to commit to it.
What gave you the impression Spike Chunsoft no longer owns Danganronpa? This game is a completely separate IP from Uchikoshi (Zero Escape, AI: The Somnium Files) and Kodaka (Danganronpa) in a separate company called Too Kyo Games.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

What do you guys think about this? Another great call by Sony? I continue to be impressed by them, they really don't care at all.

Kinda shows that even in house Sony subsidiary in Japan don’t even look at PS consoles as the dominant device in Japan/Asia compared to Nintendo or even mobile.

Is it releasing on mobile devices & steam/pc because if so big yikes

Also weren’t these franchise/genre birth on psp/psvita? Not even Sony gives the MO from other subsidiaries that if your working on anything gaming related it must release on PS console & that it would be founded by Sony/PS themselves

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom