Sony won't be at Gamescom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bend, Santa Monica, Guerilla, Sucker Punch all have Battle Royales in development. Naughty Dog moved onto Uncharted Online.
The irony is that Bend and Guerrilla at least likely do have GaaS in development.

ND moved on to remakes and multiplayer games stuck in development hell.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
cry-baby.gif
You in this entire thread.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The thing is you would compare the quality of exclusive first party games of let’s say the first two launch years of ps4 and ps5. And only that… because fanboy nonsense.

To me it’s no contest the quality of software for the start of this gen blows ps4 away comparatively. Got no problem saying that. And that’s the harder debate when you include both Witcher and Bloodborne into it.

But when it comes to list wars. Only certain software counts.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
You in this entire thread.

You have to be kidding. I’m not the one starting a narrative about PS5 not having any games and still complaining about one showcase.

No, that gif perfectly encapsulates people like you.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t know what to say to doomsayers. More than likely proven terribly wrong in short time.

Final Fantasy will do great to keep summer momentum. And after this last spider-verse movie…. You think spider-man 2 is not about to smash all kinds of media records?

Talk about bad takes. PlayStation is doomed.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don’t know what to say to doomsayers. More than likely proven terribly wrong in short time.

Final Fantasy will do great to keep summer momentum. And after this last spider-verse movie…. You think spider-man 2 is not about to smash all kinds of media records?

Talk about bad takes. PlayStation is doomed.
Will Fairgam$, Concord, Horizon GaaS, Twised Metal also do well? Nobody is saying Spider-man 2 or Final Fantasy aren't going to do well.

The two games I'm most hyped to play are Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. The problem is the enormous gap that is forming with the lack of expected announcement of upcoming games.

When all that was announced was Spider-man 2 and Wolverine people kept saying that more announcement were coming and hyping the showcase, saying Sony was hiding the games because of the ABK acquisition and the we got the showcase an there was nothing but GaaS.

It will take little more than two years between Spider-man 2 reveal and release (a rather short window). It's fair to say we have seen every big PlayStation release that will release up to 2025 and it's not impressive at all.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You have to be kidding. I’m not the one starting a narrative about PS5 not having any games and still complaining about one showcase.

No, that gif perfectly encapsulates people like you.
Starting a narrative on a forum with only Playstation fans? Who loses their marble's the minute anyone deviates from their hive minded opinions? Interesting.

You could have ignored my comment which was harmless and correct. You spent pages moaning about it. Your lack of self awareness is astounding.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Who cares, do you get more enjoyment out of games automatically if they're first-party?

Plenty of stuff we haven't heard about but no point people throwing their toys out of the pram about it.

The point is that Sony themselves have fuck all to show. That's a fact. I don't get more or less enjoyment, that's just a tiny little strawman.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
60+% of PlayStation studio’s haven’t even announced a single game yet. Most of which are 3-4 or even more years in the works. We know sony isn’t gonna announce things to early anymore except for maybe one game at a time like Wolverine. Cry xbot

Oh go fuck yourself kid.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Jim probably has nam flashbacks of his first showing there being a total eggfest. The internet can be brutal. He the boss now. He can chose not to go.

I'm still more excited about the games Sony didn't show! ;)

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I will, eventually. This man keeps getting W's without moving a finger tho...

The same man that says Xbox is simply better than PS just because - publicly, knowing full well he's going to be quoted in the media.....he could have been diplomatic with a non-answer but he wasn't. The same man taking a 30% cut on the best Sony exclusives releasing on his store, while not reciprocating in similar fashion. The same guy that ganged up with MS to stab Sony during the PS3 era.

A hustler through and through. While I dislike his business model of being the ultimate middle man putting little to nothing of that dough back to the industry in the form of games like platform holders do on a regular basis (and god knows the rabbid Steam fanbase needs them - they're the port begging master race for a reason)...... with all of that said..... zen like patience should always be admired. His competitors are going to him, helping his store cement itself (the proceeds of which go into making Nintendo handheld competitors, and even PS VR competitors - the only piece missing is of course a console). It's not the other way around. That showcase had a winner - and it was this guy. Some, like this man, still understand who their competitors are while others believe the world has changed and the old orthodoxy no longer holds cause "reasons". Who is right? Time will tell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I will, eventually. This man keeps getting W's without moving a finger tho...

The same man that says Xbox is simply better than PS just because - publicly, knowing full well he's going to be quoted in the media.....he could have been diplomatic with a non-answer but he wasn't. The same man taking a 30% cut on the best Sony exclusives releasing on his store, while not reciprocating in similar fashion. The same guy that ganged up with MS to stab Sony during the PS3 era.

A hustler through and through. While I dislike his business model of being the ultimate middle man putting little to nothing of that dough back to the industry in the form of games like platform holders do on a regular basis (and god knows the rabbid Steam fanbase needs them - they're the port begging master race for a reason)...... with all of that said..... zen like patience should always be admired. His competitors are going to him, helping his store cement itself (the proceeds of which go into making Nintendo handheld competitors, and even PS VR competitors - the only piece missing is of course a console). It's not the other way around. That showcase had a winner - and it was this guy. Some, like this man, still understand who their competitors are while others believe the world has changed and the old orthodoxy no longer holds cause "reasons". Who is right? Time will tell.

and Valve screwed Sony in the ABK stuff, by backing MSFT....

Not even a HL Alyx port.