Sony won't be at Gamescom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I didnr even create it 😄

But you're so insistent on trashing Sony you don't count third-party exclusives.
SutsY.md.gif
I don't count it in what? List wars?

Who gives a shit if Sony paid for some game that was already going to be on PlayStation anyway to be exclusive on PlayStation? How does that benefit me in any way?

And yet you all will be tuned in watching and then rushing back here to discuss..
Dude will be watching praying for it to be shit just so Sony won't look so bad in comparison.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Facing what reality? Of having all these games to play?

lmao yeah ok.

Good luck with that Xbox redemption show on Sunday. Only been about 10 E3’s of waiting till next year.
I will watch Xbox showcase for the upcoming AAA 3rd party games coming to PS5. I am sure they will have exclusive "world premiers"

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Who gives a shit if Sony paid for some game that was already going to be on PlayStation anyway to be exclusive on PlayStation? How does that benefit me in any way?

🤣

Final Fantasy is more recognizably associated with PlayStation than 90% of its actual IPs.

FF7 had no effect on Nintendo. None at all. They didn’t help sell 100 million consoles.

Neither did Kojima.

It was all Wild Arms

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What happened is Sony turning their backs on their core audience and not everyone being a fanboy like you that can't conceive of Sony ever making a mistake.
I conceive Sony making mistakes, but unlike you I accept reality and facts and I don't make up fantasy Sony mistakes that don't exist.

I don't say nonsensical things like Sony is turning their back on their core audience when they are more successful than ever with the games they release and when they are investing more than ever -both in amount of games in development, in growing their teams to help them work in more games at the same time, acquiring more teams signing more 2nd and 3rd party deals- to bringing games of these types.

Plus, on top of that, invest more than ever in other genres and type of games that are the most successful ones in both the general gaming market and their console in particular but where their 1st party never really excelled at the top level before (shooters, MP and GaaS) even if they did some great ones.

Because like it or not -in my case I'm not a shooter guy- games like CoD, Fortnite, GTA Online, Apex Legends, Rainbow 6 Siege are some of the most played (and top grossing games) by their core PS audience, so it's understandable Sony wants to approach them too.

And again, you aren't capable to properly debate backing your Sony hate takes with facts because they are FUD and fantasy, so the only thing you do is to insult who doesn't agree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
🤣

Final Fantasy is more recognizably associated with PlayStation than 90% of its actual IPs.

FF7 had no effect on Nintendo. None at all.
An that benefits you how exactly? You don't seem to even be able to follow the conversation, all you care about is "winning" or more precisely "winning trough Sony".

Plus, on top of that, invest more than ever in other genres and type of games that are the most successful ones in both the gaming market and their console in particular (shooters, MP and GaaS).
They invest less now on traditional games than they did 4 years ago:
sony-live-service.jpg

Enjoy the new GaaS PlayStation. Wait till Sony hit on their first GaaS (if that ever happens), then you'll see them shift even more towards GaaS.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Go look up what the word complaining means and stop using such basic words outta context....

You're going in circles and making no sense. They have Helldivers 2 and Spiderman 2 coming this year. They have nothing else to really show at GamesCon unless they were gonna have demo booths for both games and some PSVR2 games which they obviously didn't find worth it.

Don't pop a blood vessel fuming over my words. Good Day!

Yes they only have 2 games releasing ever. Keep making up them imaginary timeframes to make your point as if that means there’s no other games coming that they’ve announced.

The only people fuming over nothing is you.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
A that benefits you how exactly? You don't seem to even be able to follow the conversation, all you care about is "winning" or more precisely "winning trough Sony".

This is beyond stupid. What are you even saying?

Should I be under the impression that the fictional games only YOU want should be of benefit to me?

You only seem to be triggered because you want naughty dog games only and now.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is beyond stupid. What are you even saying?

Should I be under the impression that the fictional games only YOU want should be of benefit to me?

You only seem to be triggered because you want naughty dog games only and now.
So Sony single player games are limited to ND games now? Very suspicious take...

I bet you like PlayStation because of Destruction AllStars, it must be it.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

You literally just crossed out games not published by SIE.

So Bloodborne good, FF16 bad. WTF?

Meanwhile you're coming out with "All these online games are going to fucking suck", having a meltdown about GaaS. Almost like they're trying to cater to a wider audience while making lots of money 💡

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Showing that Sony is putting more resources than ever into both traditional and online gaming is not a bad thing.

Especially considering that Microsoft is about to hijack Activision monies on ps from their 100% gaas driven revenue streams.

Heh.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes they only have 2 games releasing ever. Keep making up them imaginary timeframes to make your point as if that means there’s no other games coming that they’ve announced.

The only people fuming over nothing is you.
Acting intentionally dense is quite amusing. You're here desperately trying to twist words lol.

The fact you're the only person in this thread to insinuate the nonsense you just typed. I made one simply straightforward comment as a few of y'all jumped at getting bent outta shape.... I'm def not the one fuming.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
You literally just crossed out games not published by SIE.

So Bloodborne good, FF16 bad. WTF?

Meanwhile you're coming out with "All these online games are going to fucking suck", having a meltdown about GaaS. Almost like they're trying to cater to a wider audience while making lots of money 💡

Bloodborne has Sony’s name on it. forget absolutely every other game Miyazaki has made since. Not worth playing bruh.

The IP war dickwaving is what gives you 343 studios and a soulless husk of an Ip.

The disregard of how absolutely important final fantasy is to PlayStation is insane. And it’s exclusive. It’s not enough for Ip wars tho.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Showing that Sony is putting more resources than ever into both traditional and online gaming is not a bad thing.

Especially considering that Microsoft is about to hijack Activision monies on ps from their 100% gaas driven revenue streams.

Heh.
You guys really can't understand that graph. How is investing less now on traditional games than 4 years ago more than ever? The grow from FY19 to FY25 is going to be pathetic and not enough to offset cost increases (not to mention that now they also spend on porting those traditional games to PC).

The result it already being seeing, less first party output of traditional games than ever and it's only going to get worse.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don’t expect Helldivers this year. Would be nice for a min. Doesn’t seem wise to launch near Remnant. Will get killed. Let it cook.

I’m not even expecting it to be full priced 😕
I agree! It has no business coming this year but they said 2023 at the showcase.

A delay wouldn't be bad tho.

• haha

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
You guys really can't understand that graph. How is investing less now on traditional games than 4 years ago more than ever? The grow from FY19 to FY25 is going to be pathetic and not enough to offset cost increases (not to mention that now they also spend on porting those traditional games to PC).

The result it already being seeing, less first party output of traditional games than ever and it's only going to get worse.

You do realize that even revitalizing older IPs like Twisted Metal would fall under the umbrella of live service. That Gran Tursimo and MLB already fall into that. And Bungie is probably most of that with two games.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You do realize that even revitalizing older IPs like Twisted Metal would fall under the umbrella of live service. That Gran Tursimo and MLB already fall into that. And Bungie is probably most of that with two games.
I don't give a shit about Twisted Metal made by Destruction Allstars devs to go along with an absolutely trash TV show.

Both GT and MLB already existed 4 years ago, so it's pretty much irrelevant if they counted as live services or not in this graph (going by how little live services represented they probably didn't).

I also were under the illusion that Sony meant games like Factions and GT when they talked about Live Services but they clearly meant games like Fairgame$, Concord, Horizon GaaS, etc. Lowest common denominator trash devoid of any redeeming qualities.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Acting intentionally dense is quite amusing. You're here desperately trying to twist words lol.

The fact you're the only person in this thread to insinuate the nonsense you just typed. I made one simply straightforward comment as a few of y'all jumped at getting bent outta shape.... I'm def not the one fuming.

cry-baby.gif

• haha

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Bend, Santa Monica, Guerilla, Sucker Punch all have Battle Royales in development. Naughty Dog moved onto Uncharted Online. No more single player games ever.