Sony won't be at Gamescom

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Starting a narrative on a forum with only Playstation fans? Who loses their marble's the minute anyone deviates from their hive minded opinions? Interesting.

You could have ignored my comment which was harmless and correct. You spent pages moaning about it. Your lack of self awareness is astounding.

This place is a hive mind now?

So why are you here? Leave!!!!

And stop bitching about what PlayStation is doing.

Reactions: Yurinka

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I will, eventually. This man keeps getting W's without moving a finger tho...

The same man that says Xbox is simply better than PS just because - publicly, knowing full well he's going to be quoted in the media.....he could have been diplomatic with a non-answer but he wasn't. The same man taking a 30% cut on the best Sony exclusives releasing on his store, while not reciprocating in similar fashion. The same guy that ganged up with MS to stab Sony during the PS3 era.

A hustler through and through. While I dislike his business model of being the ultimate middle man putting little to nothing of that dough back to the industry in the form of games like platform holders do on a regular basis (and god knows the rabbid Steam fanbase needs them - they're the port begging master race for a reason)...... with all of that said..... zen like patience should always be admired. His competitors are going to him, helping his store cement itself (the proceeds of which go into making Nintendo handheld competitors, and even PS VR competitors - the only piece missing is of course a console). It's not the other way around. That showcase had a winner - and it was this guy. Some, like this man, still understand who their competitors are while others believe the world has changed and the old orthodoxy no longer holds cause "reasons". Who is right? Time will tell.
Can't blame Gabe for making Sony his bitch.

Sony puts all their games on Steam and Valve gets a 30% cut while Valve puts none of their games on PlayStation.

Valve investment in Linux gaming and VR makes up for their lack of action as a game developer or publisher in my view. The biggest problems on PC come from MS and Epic and their shit products.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

• haha
Reactions: Vertigo

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony isn't on PC to help Valve, its there to help itself with gaining mindshare (a debatable strategy but that is what it is.) That means being on Stream.
They definitely aren't helping themselves by being there. They should have just rebooted PS+ on PC and offered selective titles from their catalog along with a download option.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This place is a hive mind now?

So why are you here? Leave!!!!

And stop bitching about what PlayStation is doing.
Some of you like yourself certainly act like a hive.

And I am here the same reason you are, don't wanna see opposing opinions, maybe you should leave.

And who is bitching about Playstation? You need to go outside, touch some grass.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They definitely aren't helping themselves by being there.
Sony isn't on PC to help Valve, its there to help itself with gaining mindshare (a debatable strategy but that is what it is.) That means being on Stream.

Sony sold millions of games in PC, which generated them $365M in he 3 most recent fiscal years. So yes, it's helping them.

Sony is in PC to make money, like the rest of the companies. It's a bigger gaming market than PlayStation, with many millions of fans who would never (or can't) buy a console. Publishing there they grow their market.

This make their brands more popular, which helps them with the movies, tv shows or even selling consoles and console games.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
trash.png

Crossed out those that Sony ain't even publishing. There are also only 3 Sony first party games in there, 2 marvel games.

Might as well include Deepdown and Project Awakening in there.

The last things that come to my mind when I think PlayStation are Korean/Chinese games, Team Bloober and Aspyr remake of a PC game. This is no different than Xbox fans pretending to be hyped about Hellblade 2, Avowed, Everwild and Crossfire X.

I wouldnt jump on TLOU factions being dev hell. I understand your point with 1st party though and the rest. KOTOR is an example of development issues. Wolverine Im looking forward to, Im a Marvel fan and seems like it suits Insomniac. I wouldnt give it any other developer really. Its done great for the studio and Sony/PS.
Concord is a new studio so I dont mind them working on Gaas, as long as its good lol.

The others are obviously working on stuff. Studios like Suckerpunch, HouseMarque, Bluepoint etc etc
And whether you count them or not, Wolverine, Death Stranding 2 and Ronin are good examples of single player games.

Im more disappointed in lack of 3rd party exclusive news outside of Square and Kojima. This time last gen like 2016 we had or had news of games like Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh, Detroit, Yakuza 6/Zero, Final Fantasy 7Remake, Last Guardian, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter 5 all as exclusive.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
100%.

"Firewalk Studios is a new game development studio whose mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments"

Sony pretty much reused the same text they used then they announced the Haven acquisition on their press release.
It could be a totally different genre than Haven’s game. It could be a story driven adventure, which im down for.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It could be a totally different genre than Haven’s game. It could be a story driven adventure, which im down for.
GaaS nonetheless.

Im more disappointed in lack of 3rd party exclusive news outside of Square and Kojima. This time last gen like 2016 we had or had news of games like Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh, Detroit, Yakuza 6/Zero, Final Fantasy 7Remake, Last Guardian, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter 5 all as exclusive.
You can't replace Quantic Dream, genDesign, From Software and Supermassive with Team Bloober, Aspyr and Lucid.

Atlus/Sega also used to be close to Sony and make game for the PlayStation and now I think that it's over (but at least the games are still releasing on PlayStation so not a big problem).

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
DQ was actually announced to be in development for NX (Switch) at the same time as PS4, it just took an extra year to come out.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
GaaS nonetheless.

You can't replace Quantic Dream, genDesign, From Software and Supermassive with Team Bloober, Aspyr and Lucid.

Atlus/Sega also used to be close to Sony and make game for the PlayStation and now I think that it's over (but at least the games are still releasing on PlayStation so not a big problem).
Aside from Fromsoft you totally can replace those teams with Bloober, Aspyr and Lucid, lol.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Or else you are going to cry?

No. You’re already doing that.

I hope Xbox showcase is actually some megaton Amazing. A lot of you are going to have mental breakdown.

“Sony showcazzzzee was bad. MS was iz betterz. Only 2 gamezzz thiz yearzz. 3rd partyzzzz don’t countz becauzze i say so” 😭

Some of you like yourself certainly act like a hive.

And I am here the same reason you are, don't wanna see opposing opinions, maybe you should leave.

And who is bitching about Playstation? You need to go outside, touch some grass.

A hive mind that accepts green rats and other console discussions. Makes sense.

Your opinion isn’t opposing. It’s baseless and purposely ignoring a large amount of upcoming games for pointless reasons.

You and some other people are being overly whiny yes. I mean you guys are still talking about the showcase as if one bad show means anything.

Please don’t use that overrated game’s meme on me thanks.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
A hive mind that accepts green rats and other console discussions. Makes sense.

Your opinion isn’t opposing. It’s baseless and purposely ignoring a large amount of upcoming games for pointless reasons.

You and some other people are being overly whiny yes. I mean you guys are still talking about the showcase as if one bad show means anything.

Please don’t use that overrated game’s meme on me thanks.
- There is no correlation to a site that's open to anyone and select members wanting sed site to have a hive minded mentality. The audacity of you to tell me to make sense, when you clearly lack the capability to do so yourself.

- Never said my opinion in this thread was an opposing opinion, clearly reading / comprehension isn't a strong area for you.

- I was never whining in this thread lmao. On the other hand that's exactly what you've been doing though. Again, you could have easily scrolled past my little comment instead you felt the need to comment and here we are.

Go touch some grass.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
D
The point is that Sony themselves have fuck all to show. That's a fact. I don't get more or less enjoyment, that's just a tiny little strawman.
How do you know they don't have anything to show and just aren't holding stuff back because they don't want to show games that won't be out in the very near future.

Just idle speculation and lots of bitching going on.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
D

How do you know they don't have anything to show and just aren't holding stuff back because they don't want to show games that won't be out in the very near future.

Seriously, all the doomer bullshit and complete ignorance I’m seeing on this board lately has me ignoring half the users.

It’s getting ridiculous.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
D

They showed 2 CGI trailers for live service shit. Showed zero CGI trailers for single player games. Doesn't that tell you something?

• haha

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
They showed 2 CGI trailers for live service shit. Showed zero CGI trailers for single player games. Doesn't that tell you something?
I can't read minds so I won't try to guess.

MS will probably show a bunch of games which won't release until 2025/2026 and some people on here and ResetEra will be getting their dicks wet.

• they're_right_you_know