Sony’s CES press conference live on January 8th (5pm PST Official Thread all news in here! 123 mil users. Gravity Rush movie preview shown.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It couldn't be more obvious that Sony does not see the actual value of PlayStation. Games should be by far their main focus on something like this but it's not put front and center.
CES is a tech conference, used to present and exhibit latest in various tech. It's not a gaming conference. Sony's presenting tech they've been working on, not software.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
CES is a tech conference, used to present and exhibit latest in various tech. It's not a gaming conference. Sony's presenting tech they've been working on, not software.
Games and consoles are tech. How are movies and anime more related to CES than games?

As I've said already, there are plenty of game related stuff on the other conferences and you don't need to look that hard for it.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
@Johnic @AshHunter216 why are you guys acting like there hasn’t been gaming reveals at previous events? If there was no precedent, then there’d be no expectations. I’m not saying it’s an L, just that it’s a bummer 😒

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
123 million PlayStation unique accounts, an all time high.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice to see PS active userbase achieved a new all time record with 123M MAU. It means they are growing.

In the official stream had a steaming issue and skipped a few secords before he said that, where he also mentioned again the 50M PS5 consoles sold.

There was a PS5 sizzle showing recent hardware + accesories + service + games. Regarding games they did show recent hits and a tiny potion of upcoming games with Helldivers 2, Concord and Marathon showing already seen footage.

In addition to show some previsualization work being done to experiment for the Gravity Rush and Patapon adaptations and mentioned they are writing the GoW and Horizon adaptations, Yoshida also mentioned something about Polyphony Digital doing something with the Sony car at the end, but due to his bad English I didn't understood it. I assume they'll include the Sony car (which btw entered the stage driving it with a DualSense) in GT7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Green rats on trashera trying to compare this to Xbox with 122M last year.

They don’t even realize the Xbox MAU includes Xbox consoles, mobile devices, and PC. That number also includes PlayStation and Nintendo with games like Minecraft.

Xbox consoles itself have a lower amount of users than PlayStation which MS themselves even admitted.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's a great number but...

Steam is at over 130 million and I know families have laptops and pcs at home that kids just use to play basic games but Sony should really be aiming to be the biggest gaming platform by revenue, mau and engagement.

If they are not aiming to pass Steam, they are failing on multiple fronts.

I need more ambition and passion from PlayStation.