Sony’s CES press conference live on January 8th (5pm PST Official Thread all news in here! 123 mil users. Gravity Rush movie preview shown.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
It's a great number but...

Steam is at over 130 million and I know families have laptops and pcs at home that kids just use to play basic games but Sony should really be aiming to be the biggest gaming platform by revenue, mau and engagement.

If they are not aiming to pass Steam, they are failing on multiple fronts.

I need more ambition and passion from PlayStation.

I have a Steam client on autostart on my laptop, I guess I'm part of the 130M, but don't ask me the last time I actively opened it or even played something on it.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I have a Steam client on autostart on my laptop, I guess I'm part of the 130M, but don't ask me the last time I actively opened it or even played something on it.
I did have one too until recently a d like you it would start as I booted up.

I wonder what % of users are like us

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What kind of idiotic headline is that? The guy's been asleep for 24 hours. :ROFLMAO:

Lol, what a retarded article. It's totally normal to make business with other companies in areas where they don't compete.

MS's AI and servers business has nothing to do with gaming, same goes with the car. So they have no issue or working together. Same goes if Sony buys Windows or Office licenses, or if MS buys Sony cameras or tvs.

I remember that Sony London's game Buzz back in the PS2 did use stock photos acquired from a Bill Gates/MS company.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Lol, what a retarded article. It's totally normal to make business with other companies in areas where they don't compete.

MS's AI and servers business has nothing to do with gaming, same goes with the car. So they have no issue or working together. Same goes if Sony buys Windows or Office licenses, or if MS buys Sony cameras or tvs.

I remember that Sony London's game Buzz back in the PS2 did use stock photos acquired from a Bill Gates/MS company.
Weird ppl.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lol at people thinking CES is supposed to be a gaming showcase like E3. Also, don't expect PS5Pro announcement until later in the year.
Before E3, CES was the spot for seeing what video games were coming in the next 6 months when they still did two of them, and for the next year when they cut back to one show.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Steam is at over 130 million and I know families have laptops and pcs at home that kids just use to play basic games but Sony should really be aiming to be the biggest gaming platform by revenue, mau and engagement.

You have officially lost the plot, Bryan.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They sometimes overestimate like they did months ago.
Expecting them to target Steam's user numbers borders on idiocy, considering Steam sells games that run on a toaster. Millions of Steam installations are on old PCs for one simple game. It simply is not realistic to think Sony should be pursuing a market well below their area of expertise.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You have officially lost the plot, Bryan.

Dude, 80% of Steams MAU are playing free to play crap like CSGO, DOTA, TF2, etc

Reactions: Bryank75