Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
PC port was in pre-rated in Japan, appearently Nixxes mention in the credits. The 15 PC port was not so great so I guess they trying to improve this.

It just normal industry business, Iron Galaxy, Nixxes and Bluepoint usually handles these remasters and ports.

Reactions: EDMIX and Arminius

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
PC port was in pre-rated in Japan, appearently Nixxes mention in the credits. The 15 PC port was not so great so I guess they trying to improve this.

It just normal industry business, Iron Galaxy, Nixxes and Bluepoint usually handles these remasters and ports.
Can you provide a link please?

Reactions: EDMIX

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
SE Stocks continue to fall
Screenshot-20230807-215119-Chrome.jpg

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony rubbing their hands.
Bad Guy Smile GIF by Mashed
More like MS rubbing their hands. We KNOW MS has been looking at SE for awhile now, has been reported to have approached Japanese publisher for acquisition, and unlike sony, is actually making publisher acquisition's. Meanwhile from sony we get White flags like " We're not in an acquisition war" and no name, no IP, garage band start up studio dev buys. Im making peace with it.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
More like MS rubbing their hands. We KNOW MS has been looking at SE for awhile now, has been reported to have approached Japanese publisher for acquisition, and unlike sony, is actually making publisher acquisition's. Meanwhile from sony we get White flags like " We're not in an acquisition war" and no name, no IP, garage band start up studio dev buys. Im making peace with it.
Are some of you in some perpetual state of panic? Sheesh.

Take a break.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Dude you and some other doom and gloom preachers need to take a break from Twitter and NeoGAF. Microsoft can’t buy companies by force. It would be a hostile takeover and I highly doubt any Japanese Gaming company wants to be enslaved by the most American company on the world. You’re doing nothing but listening to toxic Xbox clout chasers on YouTube and other social media platforms. They really affecting your rational thinking. Sony can be cheap ok, but not to this extent. Sony would jump and celebrate if they could get their hands on Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Really not just you every doom & gloom monger should take a break from certain sites/channels. MS Astro surfer/paid shills know nothing but spreading propaganda and you fell for it. More than one time. Japan is Sony’s home turf and that’s their big advantage.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Dude you and some other doom and gloom preachers need to take a break from Twitter and NeoGAF. Microsoft can’t buy companies by force. It would be a hostile takeover and I highly doubt any Japanese Gaming company wants to be enslaved by the most American company on the world. You’re doing nothing but listening to toxic Xbox clout chasers on YouTube and other social media platforms. They really affecting your rational thinking. Sony can be cheap ok, but not to this extent. Sony would jump and celebrate if they could get their hands on Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Really not just you every doom & gloom monger should take a break from certain sites/channels. MS Astro surfer/paid shills know nothing but spreading propaganda and you fell for it. More than one time. Japan is Sony’s home turf and that’s their big advantage.
Either Nintendo or Sony will acquire Square Enix of they looking for buyer.

This has been discussed a thousand times already. Sony could be a bit incompetent in their partnerships but foreign hostile takeover of one of the biggest publisher is just impossible. When Sony got a chance they snatch 14% of FromSoft so I don't think they are that inept. Also they outbid MS for Bungie which is the biggest GAAS studio.

By the way, Sega and SE is also on MS hitlist a few years ago but the closest MS could control of Sega is partnership on their cloud services, which Sony should be cautious about more than acquisition or anything.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
What happens when a company dies? Like even though NRS exists now, I don't think they could re-release/issue Midway's games for PStore/PS+?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Rubbing their hands to buy/open new mobile/GaaS/PC studios.

It look more like panic when you guys can't deal with it and instead fantasize about Sony doing stuff they likely won't do.
Sony can’t do shit and is doomed like you say.

Happy now?

Or are you gonna keep flooding this forum with the same drivel again and again?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony can’t do shit and is doomed like you say.

Happy now?

Or are you gonna keep flooding this forum with the same drivel again and again?
Are you going to cry over it? We don't all need to cheer Sony and their pivot to GaaS/mobile/PC and lick Jim Ryan's boots like you do

If you can't handle the truth that is entirely your problem.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Speak for yourself.

As you can see on this forum, I’m not the one crying about it here.
Seems like you are to me. You are very positive about the direction Sony is going and others are free to disagree. Your position isn't any more valid than anyone's, this is not fanclub and not all of us are being paid to shill for Sony.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Seems like you are to me. You are very positive about the direction Sony is going and others are free to disagree. Your position isn't any more valid than anyone's, this is not fanclub and not all of us are being paid to shill for Sony.

You are embarrassing.

Do yourself a favour and get yourself an Xbox.

The grass in greener there.

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX