Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Any1 who check his twitter or articles can see he has no clue about 95% things happening behind the scene.

SONY xdev helped with ff16. Plus money. If sony s that stupid to not secure it...then sure. Bring it on xbox. Maybe sony s that retarded.

Ff7 was suppose to be what 12 mo th exclusive. Still not on xbox. I think i saw some new se games re still skiping xbox.

This cult s opsesed with winning imaginary stuff. Take games from PS, buy pubs, studios, take kojima, square....while majority dont even game on their platforms. Getting bots exposed s so funny on twitter.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbox is probably paying a lot of money for extremely late ports. None of Xbox’s support is organic. At some point the spigot will get turned off.
What’s funny none of those games will have any impact on Xbox’s market share. It’s doing worse than the Xbox one sales wise and gamepass has stagnated for 2 years.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Nintendo have so many deals lined up with Square going forward that the "partnership" barely helps them much. Probably why they made sure to say "when possible" when referring to Xbox. I think it just amounts to them not getting outright skipped by Square as often as they did last gen.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I like how this is a Sony acquisition thread and the topic is Microsoft getting square enix ports. Which goes to show how asleep at the wheel, or cheap Sony is.
I think a part of it is just this thread being overly worried and anxious about every talking point the Xbox shills put out there. It also gets scared when Sony takes too long to announce things and assume nothing is happening at their studios. I wouldn't expect major acquisitions until their next fiscal year when Jim leaves. They won't have the budget until then.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think a part of it is just this thread being overly worried and anxious about every talking point the Xbox shills put out there. It also gets scared when Sony takes too long to announce things and assume nothing is happening at their studios. I wouldn't expect major acquisitions until their next fiscal year when Jim leaves. They won't have the budget until then.
Besides just operating the company, what are they spending the last budget on? All these temporary price cuts this holiday?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wouldn’t be shocked if part of MSs new “partnership” there is a clause that says no acquisitions from another company for x amount of time. I have no confidence in Sony leadership.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Jez is saying the Square-MS partnership includes EVERY game kinda like the Sega one. I don't know why these dumb publishers fall into the trap. Every time.

Oof you guys fell so easily for it. Jez Corden is no Insider. When did this hillbilly shill ever got something right besides of Windows/MS stuff?
I doubt that FF7R and FF16 will ever hit Xbox. FF7R was funded by Sony fully and worked on by XDEV Japan. Same goes for FFXVI. We have discussed this already a thousand times. Don’t you get tired from the daily doom and gloom posting?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Oof you guys fell so easily for it. Jez Corden is no Insider. When did this hillbilly shill ever got something right besides of Windows/MS stuff?
I doubt that FF7R and FF16 will ever hit Xbox. FF7R was funded by Sony fully and worked on by XDEV Japan. Same goes for FFXVI. We have discussed this already a thousand times. Don’t you get tired from the daily doom and gloom posting?

Been there done that.

They will get their Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery crap like the 360 days which will fail to make an impression and Square will return to prioritising Sony and Nintendo.

Microsoft knows it and so does Square.

Thats the worse case scenario.

Not that Jez isn’t talking out of his backside.

• brain
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

Where is Sony's PR and people to set the record straight, then? See this is part of the problem I've been taking about: Sony's got no presence in enthusiasts online gaming spaces. That's why dummies like Jez Corden can run around with whatever narratives they want and go unchallenged for the most part; Sony don't have their own (hopefully non-toxic and respectable) equivalents who can set the record straight.

That's why the cycle of BS rumors and such keeps happening. At this point if you're an enthusiast gamer and not an Xbox fanboy or fangirl, often times you're better off just not going to most gaming spots online. And a lot of that is Sony's fault, unfortunately.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Jez is saying the Square-MS partnership includes EVERY game kinda like the Sega one. I don't know why these dumb publishers fall into the trap. Every time.
They are a company, so want to make more revenue and profit by publishing on more platforms once timed console exclusivities are over.

SONY xdev helped with ff16.
XDEV handles these tasks:
  • Publishing and overviewing of the 2nd party Sony (PS Studios) published games (their main one)
  • Finding and managing outsourcing work made by non-Sony studios to support 1st and 2nd Sony (PS Studios) published games
  • Support regarding Community Management and Customer Support for PS Studios and games if needed
XDEV doesn't have internal developers, they are the team in charge of hiring external outsourcing developers (both as lead or support teams) for games published by PS Studios.

So if they did something with FF16 was to help them find outsourcing developers or supporting them with CM.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Where is Sony's PR and people to set the record straight, then? See this is part of the problem I've been taking about: Sony's got no presence in enthusiasts online gaming spaces. That's why dummies like Jez Corden can run around with whatever narratives they want and go unchallenged for the most part; Sony don't have their own (hopefully non-toxic and respectable) equivalents who can set the record straight.

That's why the cycle of BS rumors and such keeps happening. At this point if you're an enthusiast gamer and not an Xbox fanboy or fangirl, often times you're better off just not going to most gaming spots online. And a lot of that is Sony's fault, unfortunately.
Pretty much. If you had no knowledge of gaming, you'd think Xbox is the biggest thing ever if you went by social media. Astroturfers, shills influencers all over the place, including smaller gaming forums and even some among industry insiders.

Sony has none of that. Not only that, they have ZERO presence in media. So many issues and rumors could have been dispelled with a simple PR statement but they do nothing.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Pretty much. If you had no knowledge of gaming, you'd think Xbox is the biggest thing ever if you went by social media. Astroturfers, shills influencers all over the place, including smaller gaming forums and even some among industry insiders.

Sony has none of that. Not only that, they have ZERO presence in media. So many issues and rumors could have been dispelled with a simple PR statement but they do nothing.

It's extremely frustrating and for me it's just tiring having to keep repeating the same things to get the actual info out there, to the point where I just don't really do it much anymore. If the company doesn't care about keeping the facts out in enthusiasts spaces, why should I?

We know that at some point Sony scaled back on PR & marketing funding but I didn't think it'd be as drastic as it feels it has become in places. To answer the issue with media presence and enthusiasts spaces, literally all they have to do is bring back a likeable face like Kevin Butler and co., and make them a parody of a console gaming division, while doing interviews and the such.

Perplexing they've not done it yet.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Unless you own it, every thing is negotiable and in the table. Microsoft is playing the long game systematically targeting PlayStations partners and games associated with them to be on their plat. Sony thinks they can sit on the sidelines and just sell consoles as a counter balance isn’t a long term solution. Especially when MS is buying IPs.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Unless you own it, every thing is negotiable and in the table. Microsoft is playing the long game systematically targeting PlayStations partners and games associated with them to be on their plat. Sony thinks they can sit on the sidelines and just sell consoles as a counter balance isn’t a long term solution. Especially when MS is buying IPs.

Well this is obvious, and hopefully Sony understand this and maybe getting Jim Ryan out as CEO is partly because he didn't understand this concept.

The new CEO perhaps does, and will be more bullish on securing PlayStation's biggest 3P partners and keep them as far out of Microsoft's sphere of influence as possible. Hopefully they've been doing that already BTS. But if not, hey, this is Sony's market to lose :/

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
It's extremely frustrating and for me it's just tiring having to keep repeating the same things to get the actual info out there, to the point where I just don't really do it much anymore. If the company doesn't care about keeping the facts out in enthusiasts spaces, why should I?

We know that at some point Sony scaled back on PR & marketing funding but I didn't think it'd be as drastic as it feels it has become in places. To answer the issue with media presence and enthusiasts spaces, literally all they have to do is bring back a likeable face like Kevin Butler and co., and make them a parody of a console gaming division, while doing interviews and the such.

Perplexing they've not done it yet.

This is exactly what I want. Hide Ryan's replacement in the shadows, and make Kevin Butler the advert campaign again/the E3-type event speaker again.