Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Selling worse than PS4 with zero completion other than, ironically, the PS4.
The only place it is selling worst than PS4 is Europe and solely based on price… not anything you related to narrative you guys tries to create.

PS5 selling potential is higher than PS4.
Sadly at that time PS4 was in it 2nd price drop while PS5 had none in US and rose in Europe.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
The only place it is selling worst than PS4 is Europe and solely based on price… not anything you related to narrative you guys tries to create.
Price is half the consideration for value proposition. Is the price worth paying for the value it offers? No. Not just because the price is high, but because what the PS5 offers can be found at a lower price on PS4
PS5 selling potential is higher than PS4.
Sadly at that time PS4 was in it 2nd price drop while PS5 had none in US and rose in Europe.
And who decided to put the prices up?
PS4 had a flurry of games out, with expectations of more coming because Sony set those expectations.
No new IP this generation since Returnal in 2021. Why would anyone buy in to that ecosystem or upgrade from PS4?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Price is half the consideration for value proposition. Is the price worth paying for the value it offers? No. Not just because the price is high, but because what the PS5 offers can be found at a lower price on PS4

And who decided to put the prices up?
PS4 had a flurry of games out, with expectations of more coming because Sony set those expectations.
No new IP this generation since Returnal in 2021. Why would anyone buy in to that ecosystem or upgrade from PS4?
Again these are bullshit narratives that doesn’t affect PlayStation in any way.

Price is the sole reason PS5 is not ahead PS4 in sales… whatever Sony do a price cut in PS5 you will start to hear about record sales again and it be fun see the narrative you guys will create 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plus you should not know but PS5 is basically the most successful PlayStation generation ever….

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024

Price is the sole reason PS5 is not ahead PS4 in sales… whatever Sony do a price cut in PS5 you will start to hear about record sales again and it be fun see the narrative you guys will create 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plus you should not know but PS5 is basically the most successful PlayStation generation ever….
PS5 peaked last year, and also failed to reach the peak they really wanted. Price cuts are needed to slow down the decrease in sales but they won't go up again.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Of course not. No new IPs in three years, an anaemic first party line up, lower sales than PS4 and revising sales forecasts are what happens when a console is massively successful.
I just told you price is half the equation. It's half the reason PS5 is behind.

Last gen, there were 170 million consoles sold.
250 million in the previous gen.
This gen we have just about hit 85 million sold. Sony can't sell their console when it's the only one on the market. How is that narrative?

No it's not. Not only is it not the most successful, the past two FYs have been terrible compared to he first two. Playstations performance this generation is inverse of what it should be. At this rate, they're going into PS6 with worse metrics than any other generation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PS5 peaked last year, and also failed to reach the peak they really wanted. Price cuts are needed to slow down the decrease in sales but they won't go up again.
Whatever the price go down there will be another peak…

If you looks at previous generations the peak year in sales happened when a console had price cut 🤷🏻‍♂️

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Of course not. No new IPs in three years, an anaemic first party line up, lower sales than PS4 and revising sales forecasts are what happens when a console is massively successful.

I just told you price is half the equation. It's half the reason PS5 is behind.

Last gen, there were 170 million consoles sold.
250 million in the previous gen.
This gen we have just about hit 85 million sold. Sony can't sell their console when it's the only one on the market. How is that narrative?

No it's not. Not only is it not the most successful, the past two FYs have been terrible compared to he first two. Playstations performance this generation is inverse of what it should be. At this rate, they're going into PS6 with worse metrics than any other generation.
I have no ideia where you ge these things lol

Whatever you like it or not it have new IPs this year included.
First-party is being great like always 3-4 gamer per year 🤷🏻‍♂️

They revived a forecast that nobody believed and no PS console ever reached it… they didn’t even had enough production to ship that amount of consoles.

Price is indeed the only reason.
US where there is no price rise the PS5 is ahead PS4 and shocking you is selling still way better than PS4 at the same time frame… no hint to selling below PS4 monthly was showed.

You count overlaps as unique console sales lol… no generation ever had 170m or 250m console user base… and we are in half of the generation with you here comparing it with full generation lol

But let’s tell you… using your weird logic there are over 210m console sold this generation already 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS5 being the most successful PlayStation console ever is a know fact coming direct from financials… nobody can deny it.
PlayStation 5 already more money to Sony in 4 year than PS4 did the whole generation...
Whatever you don’t believe in fact is just you in your own fantasies.

Last edited:

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
I have no ideia where you ge these things lol

Whatever you like it or not it have new IPs this year included.
First-party is being great like always 3-4 gamer per year 🤷🏻‍♂️
Name the new first party IPs launched this year.
They revived a forecast that nobody believed and no PS console ever reached it… they didn’t even had enough production to ship that amount of consoles.
Lol
Price is indeed the only reason.
US where there is no price rise the PS5 is ahead PS4 and shocking you is selling still way better than PS4 at the same time frame… no hint to selling below PS4 monthly was showed.
Hmm, which other console only sold well in America at the detriment to the product? 🤔
PS5 selling worse than PS4 WITH NO COMPETITION.
You count overlaps as unique console sales lol… no generation ever had 170m or 250m console user base… and we are in half of the generation with you here comparing it with full generation lol
I never said unique sales, I said sales. 80 million xbox360
80 million PS3
120 million Wii.
PS4 sold 125 million and Xbox one sold 50 million.
But let’s tell you… using your weird logic there are over 210m console sold this generation already 🤷🏻‍♂️
65 million PS5 25 million PS5 = 210?
PS5 being the most successful PlayStation console ever is a know fact coming direct from financials… nobody can deny it.
PlayStation 5 already more money to Sony in 4 year than PS4 did the whole generation...
Whatever you don’t believe in fact is just you in your own fantasies.
Fact coming from financials 😂? Financials are lies to keep shareholders happy. They're not going to say "yeah we're doing shit".
If PS5 is doing the bestest ever, how can it be selling fewer units than the PS4 while making the most money?!?!?! 🤔🤔🤔
You keep quoting one slide from one presentation to back your argument up, missing out on decades of historical examples and present day reality.

Get back to me when you understand what facts are and not opinion presented as fact.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nintendo should follow suit
PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when? You wanna take down emulators? Give people a reason to stop emulating
Not entering the discussion if Nintendo should or not release game on PC but...

Do you think releasing Zelda on PC will stop the reason Nintendo is taking emulation down?
It will probably increase the numbers of people that play Nintendo games illegally.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
its a console *and* a handheld.
these posts annoy me because there's a subset of handheld gamer that dislikes the Switch because its too big to fit in one's pocket, limiting its usability as a handheld
If it can be used remotely, it's a handheld. I can dock my phone, it doesn't make it a console.
The steam deck is a handheld even though it's massive.
I agree, a handheld should fit in your pocket but it is what it is.
For you maybe lol
That doesn't make it true because it is both and it fill the console userbase and the Wii audience is there.
Which generation does the switch fall under? PS4 or PS5?
You where wrong with the claim... I can't help you on that.
Fact are facts.
It's not a fact. I like how you skipped over my other points

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If it can be used remotely, it's a handheld. I can dock my phone, it doesn't make it a console.
I agree, a handheld should fit in your pocket but it is what it is.

Which generation does the switch fall under? PS4 or PS5?

It's not a fact. I like how you skipped over my other points
Because they are nonsense lol
You basically didn't make any reliable point that counter 1) Price is the sole factor of Europe being down in hardware and 2) PlayStation 5 is the most successful PlayStation ever.

You just said... last gen was sold XXX consoles and previous gen sold XXX consoles.
And using incomplete data compared with XX consoles on this gen lol

And said the financials numbers were a lie :D :D :D

I get it... you don't like PlayStation.
But the truth is... it is only becoming more and more successful and not going anywhere.
PC strategy is more flopping than affecting console players at all.
People with PS5s are playing games... a lot of games (to be fair I have to skip a lot because nobody has that time to play everything releases).

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Do you think releasing Zelda on PC will stop the reason Nintendo is taking emulation down?
It will probably increase the numbers of people that play Nintendo games illegally.
I think a subset of people emulating would switch to purchasing the native versions, especially for highly desired titles like Breath of the Wild, reducing the number of pirates.
I think that the people emulating Switch games are people that want to play those games on PC. While a section of those would just switch to pirating the hypothetical PC versions, I don't think that would result in an increase in piracy; pirating and emulating Switch games isn't that much harder than pirating PC games. These people are already pirating in many cases; it would just create an alternative outside of piracy for some users, at least that's what I think.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Because they are nonsense lol
You basically didn't make any reliable point that counter 1) Price is the sole factor of Europe being down in hardware and 2) PlayStation 5 is the most successful PlayStation ever.
You struggled to understand that price isn't the only factor in purchase. I appreciate that English isn't your first language so we can leave that there. I'll call people out for stupid takes but I respect anyone who tries to argue in my tongue. It takes a lot.

2) PS5 cannot sell fewer units and also be the most successful, when their own graphs and charts show that it isn't the most succesful

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Your phone isn't designed to be docked nor did it come with a dock on purchase though. Most software designed for phones probably don't have docked modes either the way Switch games do. (please correct me if I'm wrong I am not a mobile phone gamer)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think a subset of people emulating would switch to purchasing the native versions, especially for highly desired titles like Breath of the Wild, reducing the number of pirates.
I think that the people emulating Switch games are people that want to play those games on PC. While a section of those would just switch to pirating the hypothetical PC versions, I don't think that would result in an increase in piracy; pirating and emulating Switch games isn't that much harder than pirating PC games. These people are already pirating in many cases; it would just create an alternative outside of piracy for some users, at least that's what I think.
It is not a question of being hard or not.
Emulation piracy is less accessible for most PC users than direct game piracy that you can download a simple crack or the full game cracked in a torrent or website.