Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You struggled to understand that price isn't the only factor in purchase. I appreciate that English isn't your first language so we can leave that there. I'll call people out for stupid takes but I respect anyone who tries to argue in my tongue. It takes a lot.

2) PS5 cannot sell fewer units and also be the most successful, when their own graphs and charts show that it isn't the most succesful
?

Of course it can sell fewer units and be the most successful lol
PS5 already profited more than the whole PS4 generation and the numbers will only multiply in the next years.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Your phone isn't designed to be docked nor did it come with a dock on purchase though. Most software designed for phones probably don't have docked modes either the way Switch games do. (please correct me if I'm wrong I am not a mobile phone gamer)
While Phones can be easy docked via wifi it is a pain to play it... and mobile games are not made for controllers.
It is not like Nintendo Switch.

Switch is the sucessor of Wii U and 3DS.
It is both and counts as both.

Nintendo Wii/WiiU userbase migrated to Switch.
Nintendo DS/3DS userbase migrated to Switch.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Your phone isn't designed to be docked nor did it come with a dock on purchase though. Most software designed for phones probably don't have docked modes either the way Switch games do. (please correct me if I'm wrong I am not a mobile phone gamer)
Switch can be docked doesn't make it a console, in the same way a PS1 with power pack and built-in monitor (that's a real thing that Sony sold) wasn't a handheld.

?

Of course it can sell fewer units and be the most successful lol
PS5 already profited more than the whole PS4 generation.
Riiiight, it's successful because it made more money, not because it has more games or sold more consoles or has more users

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Lower the price 100 USD and it will crazy big again. There always was inflation but console prices went down.

Anyway in a gaas era it doesn't matter that much if you have the latest hardware as long as you access the game and purchase MTX on their ecosystem.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Riiiight, it's successful because it made more money, not because it has more games or sold more consoles or has more users
Yeap it is already most successful at middle of the gen than others at end of the generation.

Number of games (at mid of PS5 gen)
PS5: 2875
PS4: 3413

Console sold (at mid of PS5 gen)
PS5: > 62m
PS4: 117.2m

Users (at mid of PS5 gen)
PS5: Nobody knows
PS4: Nobody knows

Revenue (at mid of PS5 gen)
PS5: $106b
PS4: $107b

Profit (at mid of PS5 gen)
PS5: $10b
PS4: $9b

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I'm Spanish and never heard about this youtuber. But I watched the video and the guy sounds as he's telling the truth, doesn't seem to be lying.

And well, I could see Aaron thinking that. Which in reality, it's somewhat true: a new Banjo wouldn't sell a shit unless it would be a Switch exclusive published by Nintendo. Basically because Nintendo fans buy whatever Nintendo throws at them.

But MS releasing it as a timed Xbox console exclusive? It would tank super hard.

Oh that’s certainly PS future, which is crazy because after the implosion Xbox has had ever since they went releasing there games on PC back in 2017 you would think PS would double down on there own platform turning many of there studios alike to insomniac a multi team studio in the case where Insomniac is releasing 4-5 games per gen why had naughty dog & sucker punch not been turned to multi team studios? Where’s the jak & daxter team? Where’s the uncharted team? It’s been nearly 10 years since uncharted 4 that unacceptable & a failure in leadership n vision at naughty dog & Sony/PS. Why is Suckerpunch only working on ghost of franchise where’s sly cooper & infamous? Literally gold mines being completely ignored

Spider-Man 2 was simultaneously worked on at insomniac w PS5 & PC in mind which explain the buggy launch, missing content, missing dlc & a pc version being playable just 2 month after release once hackers got touch of the insomniac leak.

PS as a platform & publisher is looking to be the next Xbox, Ubisoft, Disney & you can bet they’ll learn when they loose hundreds of millions if not billions because gamers migrated to PC, Steam/Steamdeck & Nintendo Switch which switch 2 is looking to absolutely slaughter PS5 if it’s anything near PS4 power, you can essentially guarantee more 3rd party day n date.

Essentially only 2 notable exclusive since ff & silent hill are 3rd party, rise of the ronin is ehh to just ok but nothing to right about. What a disaster.

PS6 will be a massive flop I don’t see how any PS5 gamer would migrate I mean look at PS4 to PS5 migrating where 4 years & 50% of PS playerbase is still on PS4 imagine PS6 when PS games are day n date or 6 month to 1 year & you can play them on Steamdeck 2 w Xbox & PC exclusive + Steam exclusive that are permanent. Just invest in PC, Steam/Steamdeck & Nintendo

Sony/PS can say goodbye to ever getting an exclusive Marvel game. Once they game marvel the door to now announce PS first party exclusive games to other platform Marvel will now want all marvel game multiplat. Hell I can see Marvel push for there spiderman game to be on Nintendo Switch.

Sony/PS fucked up ever opening pandoras box now it will be a slow & sad burn. Marvel pimping tf out of Sony while also getting there marvel games on other competing platforms. And all this multiplat push by PS confirms 3rd party publisher to stop doing exclusive. In what world would Square Enix make ff exclusive when not even PS have exclusive games solely to there consoles? Lmao but exclusive from these same 3rd party will exist w Nintendo.

The migrating from PS5 to PS6 will be gruesome. 4 years & 50% still on PS4 I’d say near 60% if not 70% will be on PS5 4-5 years in the PS6 gen because why hell I can see PS gamer migrate to PC or Steamdeck instead or explore Nintendo Switch 2

1 year is not a dire wait. When you have 3rd party + GAAS a 1 year wait to get the game 50% off or free on PS+ or he’ll just wait for it on PC/Steamdeck for a lower price then the base $70 or set your pirate ship to sail. PS games aura, prestige & magic is rapidly fading away & that’s clear by the PC ports that continue to sell less & less even if the time between date is getting shorter & the PC port including more exclusive features

Don’t need to spend $700 on a PC to play Spiderman 2.

Just spend $400-$500 for a steam deck & play Spiderman 2. Almost all if not all PS PC port is playable on Steamdeck

Do they actually? Did Xbox gamers stay on Xbox when Xbox started releasing games on PC? They didn’t they also didn’t buy games on Xbox.

I mean just look at the landscape of Xbox rn w there games going to PS even more of Xbox audience both casual & hardcore are migrating to PC & those are the ones that said they would never go to PC because they like console & there a console gamer.

The reality is pc rn is almost a seamless as console. Whether it’s Valve making the Steam storefront more accessible or Valve making a console that makes PC as console like then ever before w Steamdeck, rn Valve made PC as pick up & play to a console & it will only get more streamlined & the best part is Steamdeck is as low as console w $400-$500 you can play Xbox, PS, PC (including PC exclusive) + Steam exclusive games that are permanently exclusive like Nintendo.

Nintendo will become a more direct competitor naturally as Shawn laden said we have already hit a peak w power. The power gap between Nintendo console & PS consoles will shrink. Switch 2 will play almost all 3rd party, you can essentially guarantee games like cod, battlefield, gta6, resident evil, street fighter, persona mainline, monster hunter mainline, ff mainline etc to be either day n date or 6 month to 1 year.

The power difference between PS5 & PS6 will be extremely small & PS6 to PS7 will be negligible. Switch 1 & Switch 2 will see big power difference & Switch 3 will be near PS5 pro if not PS5 base. It will all comeback to having exclusive games to differentiate your storefront & platform. Whether it’s cloud, subscription or hardware you need exclusive to differentiate your storefront ie Netflix & Disney+ as seen there’s no hardware or cloud but even for there storefront they need exclusive content to differentiate & compete against another platform/storefront.

PS is doing good against PS own metric but against other competitors like Nintendo in both hardware, software & profits PS is massively behind & severely lacking any exclusive games to compete against platforms & storefronts such as Nintendo or Valve/Steam

Imagine having a wife/gf that sleeps with other guys & you say “atleast she has good punani” 💀 every human like exclusivity & if something isn’t exclusive it becomes less desirable, exciting & wanted. This apply for the consumer & publisher that seek to produce quality content to funnel people into the platform & invest into the storefront, platform & ecosystem.

If PS wanted to push a PS PC launcher they would’ve saved spiderman 2 & made exclusive to the PS pc launcher. I don’t even know why PS would even bother w PS pc launcher w no exclusive. They stand no chance against Steam even Steam by default gets hundreds if not thousands of PC/Steam exclusive games by default & im not even considering Valves own first party like CSGO, DOTA, Half Lyfe, Team Fortress & now Deadlock. There’s also rumors of Valve making a new Half Lyfe game which will further push Valve/Steam & you can suspect a trend of them getting back into making games now that they have Xbox & PS games + having the PC gaming market on complete lockdown.

To be fair Herman thought concord was the next Star Wars like franchise for PS & reportedly concord was Herman baby.

If PS got a new leader & they release games day 1 on PC & Nintendo Herman would be on the golden era because leadership is literally getting worse by the years passing

Your comment is entirely irrelevant.

Power gap will be blurred as both Nintendo & PS consoles power gap shrinks each gen. Which is something you will see w Switch 2 to Switch 3 & PS5 & PS6 & just like Shawn laden said the power gap/power chase for console is becoming meaningless which will push exclusivity even more then before in the future.

Steamdeck will it bring any pressure to Nintendo lol. Nintendo isn’t releasing there games on steam for Steamdeck to be any viable replacement unlike xbox or ps. That’s pretty baffling that you even think that. Nintendo produces more games then Xbox or PS, Valve/Steam is more of a threat to Xbox & PS then Nintendo I’d argue Vlave/Steam has killed any chance of MS getting any notable footprint in the PC gaming market outside publishing. Who would even buy games through the windows store when you have Steam
Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• haha
Reactions: Neversummer