Spider-man 2 crushes Starfield in IGN "most excited for" poll

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
1688822962748.png

As can be seen in the image, it had over 95K participants and 844 comments. With a sample so large, it should be somewhat representative of reality.

Spider-man won the poll by a country mile, absolutely demolishing Starfield, which has had the full force of the media and 2 dedicated shows behind it.

Mortal Kombat hit 11%, which is respectable for a fighting game and Assassins Creed garnered 7%. Unfortunately Forza barely registered, with 3%.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wish there were more polls like this with a large sample size. Surprised Assassins creed is that low tbh, especially compared to MK.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Twitter polls, YouTube views, and other social media metrics are kinda pointless to measure the actual sales.

This reminds me of Death Stranding vs Luigi's Mansion 3, and TLOU part 2 vs Animal Crossing New Horizons, where Sony games despite high viewers on Youtube got smoked very hard in actual sales.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Twitter polls, YouTube views, and other social media metrics are kinda pointless to measure the actual sales.

This reminds me of Death Stranding vs Luigi's Mansion 3, and TLOU part 2 vs Animal Crossing New Horizons, where Sony games despite high viewers on Youtube got smoked very hard in actual sales.
That doesnt bode well for starfield then.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is this on their website ?

I believe it was a twitter poll. That usually results in Xbox being over-represented cause the place is loaded with Xbox fanboys and obviously since it is english first in terms of languages.

But it should give some indication to how strong SM2 will be.

Reactions: Dabaus
24 Jun 2022
I don't expect much from Starfield to perform on XSS but Steam will definitely going to be spectacular similar to how Hogwarts Legacy and Elden Ring performed on that platform. Bethesda's games are very popular on pc.

I guess you've conveniently ignored that Starfield's preorder sales have dropped like a stone on Steam, eh? Always gotta fellate that Xbox 1P exclusive though I take it, even when data is showing it may not perform to such lofty expectations.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
starfield will be the MGS4 of xbox, hyped by xbox fanboys as 2nd coming of christ, the game released and there will be big boost to xbox, but unfortunately that's just the extend of it, will be forgettable after 😂 (the game will still going strong on PC anyway).

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Starfield ll be big on pc. On xbox not so much. Wont sell a shit. Majority l ldownlaod for free, play few hours and thats it.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Dont compare Nintendo games,its another whole level

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I wish there were more polls like this with a large sample size. Surprised Assassins creed is that low tbh, especially compared to MK.
People are rather leery about the franchise. Classic Fans want to avoid a bait & switch, Modern Fans don't like the return to the old-style gameplay that much.