Spider-man 2 crushes Starfield in IGN "most excited for" poll

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Surprised they even bothered putting Forza on that list.
Yea strange. No1 cares about forza. Even xbox fanatics. They re lucky they can give it for free so more players. I remember sale charts, eu and npd, forza was always mediocre sellers. Or even small.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Anyone thinking that Starfield will compete with Spiderman 2 in sales and mindshare is completely delusional.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I must be the only person still not hyped for Spiderman 2. That demo left me quite underwhelmed...

Such a dumb decision to debut the gameplay the way they did.

*Edit* - I see I'm not the only one..

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I must be the only one who’s had my fill after Miles. I’m just not sure what else can be done with the IP. More of the same.
And, stop creating games? More of the same, anyways..

Personally, find out that MM was better thann main game.. i hope they keep that up.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I must be the only one who’s had my fill after Miles. I’m just not sure what else can be done with the IP. More of the same.

Not even on the radar. It’s just more braindead super hero by the numbers open world junk. Zero fucks given for spider-man.

Reactions: Shmunter
D

Deleted member 782

Which game is the biggest and going to sell the most by the end of the year?
Starfield vs Spider-Man 2 vs Super Mario Wonder.

My prediction
Starfield - 8 million
Spider-Man 2 - 8 million
Super Mario Wonder - 13 million

Reactions: nongkris

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

My prediction
Starfield - 8 million
Spider-Man 2 - 8 million

By the end of the year? Super Mario Wonder. No doubt whatsoever.

That’s a 60 million plus lifetime Super Mario Bros. sequel that I’m betting on being the biggest switch game ever.

Spider-Man 2 should surpass the first game ltd too. So that’s what 30 million ballpark? Spider-man Ip in Sony’s hands is on fire. I expect this game to be much bigger then spider-verse too…

Starfield would’ve been in the 30 million range too. It would have destroyed cyberpunk’s sales but no PlayStation versions and gamespass has completely fucked whatever success this could find. It’s just a mess. It’s pc gamespass too ya know… most players will not buy full price if they don’t have to.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

My prediction
Starfield - 8 million
Spider-Man 2 - 8 million
Spiderman 2

Spiderman hype and brand recognition is at all time high right now with miles morales and into spiderverse

Starfield will sell less cos gamepass

Super Mario Wonder i never even heard of it until u mentioned it today

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Super Mario Wonder was just unveiled like two weeks ago to launch this coming holiday season.

It’s basically what everyone wanted New Super Mario Bros. to be… And post Super Mario Bros. the movie? Easy win.

Nintendo is competing with itself basically against Zelda for the biggest moneymaker of the year.