Spider-man 2 crushes Starfield in IGN "most excited for" poll

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
starfield will be the MGS4 of xbox, hyped by xbox fanboys as 2nd coming of christ, the game released and there will be big boost to xbox, but unfortunately that's just the extend of it, will be forgettable after 😂 (the game will still going strong on PC anyway).
MGS4? What are you comparing?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
starfield will be the MGS4 of xbox, hyped by xbox fanboys as 2nd coming of christ, the game released and there will be big boost to xbox, but unfortunately that's just the extend of it, will be forgettable after 😂 (the game will still going strong on PC anyway).
MGS4 kinda saved the PS3 until 2009’s Uncharted 2 and wave of strong first party games. Reviews were 9/s and 10’s.
I doubt Starfield will do the same

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I doubt Starfield will change anything. It will be on PC as well, and of course what about after then?

Sony still got strong lineup of games in development and I think Sony won't try to Kinect'd itself.

Reactions: Kokoloko

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Would it have ever been a 2-1 split? If both xbox and pc votes are included?
It should be. Sony porting your friendly neighborhood spider to PC these days.

Now mind you I get your point. I still think it should be a 2-1. PCMR that behave/consume like console fans are not, believe it or not, the majority of PC gamers.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm surprised Starfield did that well, I predict a lot of disappointed people once they realize it's just procedurally generated No Man's Skyrim with loading screens.

Since it going to mostly be a modding platform playing on Xbox and Gamepass specially on release is likely going to be the worst way to experience it as well.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
So long as mod support stays intact in Game Pass, it may not sell as well on PC as some think. There's a fair number of cheap gamers there too.
Isn't it better for cheap players to pirate the game than play through Game Pass because pirated version will be based on Steam version?

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
I think there is an extra thing to consider: we all trust Insomniac to deliver a great game. But even people who are waiting for Starfield are aware of how Bethesta usually releases their games so they are more cautious.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Then the ps3 caught up to the Xbox 360 and won the generation!