Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Germany

F9Wrs1oXIAAvdTQ

Reactions: Entropi

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
I'm glad it's doing well, but if anyone could answer my question, it'd be great.

I've lately been seeing some videos and apparently the game is very "modern day". How intrusive are these elements in the narrative? I know they apparently made Mary Jane not very attractive (I haven't seen it myself, so I don't know), I usually dislike at narratives intended to spread "the message". Is the game really that woke? Do they make Peter unlikeable and/or useless? Is Miles a heavy focus in the narrative?

I checked but I don't know the rules about this type of discussions here, I don't necessarily want to discuss it, I just want to know how much "current day" is in the game to know whether to get it or not.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I'm glad it's doing well, but if anyone could answer my question, it'd be great.

I've lately been seeing some videos and apparently the game is very "modern day". How intrusive are these elements in the narrative? I know they apparently made Mary Jane not very attractive (I haven't seen it myself, so I don't know), I usually dislike at narratives intended to spread "the message". Is the game really that woke? Do they make Peter unlikeable and/or useless? Is Miles a heavy focus in the narrative?

I checked but I don't know the rules about this type of discussions here, I don't necessarily want to discuss it, I just want to know how much "current day" is in the game to know whether to get it or not.
There is a mission where you help a High school student prepare a surprise for his boyfriend. So very modern

Reactions: Diah

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

There are Black Lives Matter murals in the game, for one.

Mary-Jane is a journalist, not a model, and looks unlike a model.

There’s a subplot for Miles about helping a closeted gay boy come out

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Very modern and has some pandering. The rules in this forum are we don't want to get too political in threads but it's only natural tht some comments touch on it and thts fine in passing. Ppl also get triggered for some reason with the "woke" term so refrain from using it.

With tht said your question was very valid and yes the game includes many common terms and things that are currently penetrating much of the media and movies today.

Reactions: Diah and ForzaJuve

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
There are Black Lives Matter murals in the game, for one.

Mary-Jane is a journalist, not a model, and looks unlike a model.

There’s a subplot for Miles about helping a closeted gay boy come out

Ok, I see, I'm a bit conflicted on getting it then. I mean, Mary Jane is supposed to be a stunning looking actress. Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably wait until it's discounted to get it and see for myself.

Very modern and has some pandering. The rules in this forum are we don't want to get too political in threads but it's only natural tht some comments touch on it and thts fine in passing. Ppl also get triggered for some reason with the "woke" term so refrain from using it.

With tht said your question was very valid and yes the game includes many common terms and things that are currently penetrating much of the media and movies today.

Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to see how heavy those elements are, I prefer to discuss those kind of topics in other places, I just want to discuss videogames here. :)

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ok, I see, I'm a bit conflicted on getting it then. I mean, Mary Jane is supposed to be a stunning looking actress. Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably wait until it's discounted to get it and see for myself.

Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to see how heavy those elements are, I prefer to discuss those kind of topics in other places, I just want to discuss videogames here. :)
Thanks for asking first, it's appreciated.

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
omg gay people and women existing are so "modern day". So glad I have most of you snowflake chuds on ignore.

This is a dishonest take. Nothing stops Insomniac from adding new characters with other sexual orientations and other personality traits, people just find annoying when the devs change the essential characteristics of characters just to pander to a tiny rabid fanbase.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is a dishonest take. Nothing stops Insomniac from adding new characters with other sexual orientations and other personality traits, people just find annoying when the devs change the essential characteristics of characters just to pander to a tiny rabid fanbase.

What characters had their essential characteristics changed?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I don't know what you talking about. Peter is inline with mcu/Sony characters

Reactions: Diah