Spider-Man 2 has sold more than 2.5 Million copies in first 24 hours

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, pretty likely. But we're now in their fiscal FY2023 Q3 (Oct-Dec), where Spider-Man 2 has been released, so the Spider-Man 2 first sales numbers will be included in their FY2023 Q3 report. The FY2023 Q3 report will be shown in -as I remember- in early February. I assume they'll highlight Spider-Man 2 because it's going to be their biggest game for the quarter, and also because it broke launch sales record for any PS exclusive game ever.

But the fiscal report they'll show in 3 days will be to show the results of their fiscal FY2023 Q2 (Jul-Sep), so I wouldn't expect to see Spider-Man 2 sales numbers there:
https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/
Best case scenario (in terms of transparency) is them adding a side note to their Q3 projections mentioning the sales metrics of SM2

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

image.png

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
2nd week of sales in Japan.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - 12.509 / 89.857

VS

Marvel's Spider-Man - 72,644 / 205,164
Japan, the country that currently has no PS5 consoles in stock? That one? Nice spin, corporate stooge.

At least ask for money instead of doing it for free. Have some self respect, dude. That level of corporate cock riding is pathetic. Imagine joining a site just to follow news on a product you don't own, just so you can make stuff up to feel better about yourself. It's not healthy, my man. Seek professional help.

Must be miserable being in that state of mind all the time. Stay away from colt and destin and you might start feeling better, instead of wallowing in misery all the time.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@On Demand

What I suspected was true after all because it was logical even if you don’t like it.

Spider-man 2 sales was higher only at day one.
After that it sold less than Ragnarok or TLOU2 for example.

And that is easy explained because Spider-man 2 was the first Sony game to have sales from a week early via bundle that all counted as day 1 inflating it.

Sony was smart to choose 24 hours to strike the record PR.

I will copy one of my last comments in this thread here… it is better to have good discussion instead people point guns to our heads due using logic.

Some guys are incapable of understand that.
Nobody knows it it sold more or less after the Day 1 than others titles because there is no data to compare.
But when I just made a innocent comment saying I should prefer the Day 3 sales to have a better comparison with others titles BOOM!

And of course Sony have all data... Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.
But they choose to use Day 1 to show to public.
People can speculate it was a coincidence or not... or Sony choose it because it make better headlines.
Now we know it sold way less after day one.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: sugarbetik

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
@On Demand

What I suspected was true after all because it was logical even if you don’t like it.

And that is easy explained because Spider-man 2 was the first Sony game to have sales from a week early via bundle that all counted as day 1 inflating it.

I will copy one of my last comments in this thread here… it is better to have good discussion instead people point guns to our heads due using logic.
They won't admit they were wrong but it was funny to reread back some of the posts in here 😅

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Japan, the country that currently has no PS5 consoles in stock? That one? Nice spin, corporate stooge.

At least ask for money instead of doing it for free. Have some self respect, dude. That level of corporate cock riding is pathetic. Imagine joining a site just to follow news on a product you don't own, just so you can make stuff up to feel better about yourself. It's not healthy, my man. Seek professional help.

Must be miserable being in that state of mind all the time. Stay away from colt and destin and you might start feeling better, instead of wallowing in misery all the time.
Yup, trying to argue that Spider-Man 2 didn't do well and won't continue to sell well is a strange hill to die on.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They won't admit they were wrong but it was funny to reread back some of the posts in here 😅
The other logic was that install base would also play a big role which PS5 install base was millions more when Spiderman 1 which could also be played on PS5 and Ragnarok was cross gen so no way it would sell more than either one in general.

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
@On Demand

Now we know it sold way less after day one.

It could of still sold more than TLOU2 after 3 days. No way sales dropped that far after 1 day.

Spider-Man 2 will sell more than both anyway in total sales.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
And bundles and pre release sales are still sales. Don’t know why you keep bringing that up.

God of War had a console bundle too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It could of still sold more than TLOU2 after 3 days. No way sales dropped that far after 1 day.

Spider-Man 2 will sell more than both anyway in total sales.
I doubt it sold more than TLOU2 in 3 days.

2.5m to 4m in 3 more days when in 10 more days it sold more 2.5m.

Doesn’t seems right to me to have over 1.5m in just 2 days… and the others 1 million in 8 days.

But that is me.

And I don’t believe it will sell more than Ragnarok lifetime.