Spider-Man Devs Say Copaganda "Wasn't Our Intent" 😂😭

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Spiderman takes place in a fictional universe where cops fight crime.
Cops do arrest people who commit crime, the prosecutors release them day-and-date because in their mind the criminals are the true victims of society.

So we end up with armed robbery, murders, violent assaults and rapes committed by people who have been arrested 10s or even 100s of times, are on parole, etc. and in many places these same prosecutors keep being elected. So violence and theft is that the population wants. Where I live we have had a spike in murder rate of over 50% in the last few years or so, since we got liberals in power basically, these things keep happening now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Cops do arrest people who commit crime, the prosecutors release them day-and-date because in their mind the criminals are the true victims of society.

So we end up with armed robbery, murders, violent assaults and rapes committed by people who have been arrested 10s or even 100s of times, are on parole, etc. and in many places these same prosecutors keep being elected. So violence and theft is that the population wants. Where I live we have had a spike in murder rate of over 50% in the last few years or so, since we got liberals in power basically, these things keep happening now.
This is penny-ante bullshit. The police are employed by the high roller criminals.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Will you be ok in the sea bro?
Dive Dive Dive

Hungry Late Show GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Dammit wrong Sub

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
This is penny-ante bullshit. The police are employed by the high roller criminals.
Oh well, this is also true that organized crime buy corrupt cops... obviously, that does not contradict that having cops is better than having just criminals running the show. Equating the two is, I don't think there is a word to explain how moronic it is.

Where I live violent crime has exploded when laws, that were already lenient, were relaxed even more. We heard of "community policing", "racial sensitivity training for cops", "de-escalation training" and all these nice sounding words. Then the government added one more layer by actively releasing dangerous criminals back in the streets within hours of their arrest... The cops did not become more corrupt over night, in fact they know who commits the crimes and they are often not even allowed to arrest them.

Obviously, depending on where you live the police may actually just be part of the organized crime, then I feel for you.

As a cop in my family once said: cops are not meant to be your friends. At first I thought that this sounded very harsh, but given their role it makes perfect sense, they deal with the worst of the worst, they need to be on their guard. Not knowing if someone is talking to you to divert from something that requires an intervention is their daily lot. Having to hold the brains of a colleague inside their head while waiting for the ambulance when you are 23 is also part of their lot. So I'm sorry you got caught speeding and you didn't like the ticket, but this is also part of their job.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I'd love to see a dev group just come out and say, "yes, I love our fine and honorable police forces, they protect and serve us," one of these days. That used to be such a basic bitch normie take but in media circles now it would be downright subversive.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man, you say some amazingly stupid shit.
but he's right?
Oh well, this is also true that organized crime buy corrupt cops... obviously, that does not contradict that having cops is better than having just criminals running the show. Equating the two is, I don't think there is a word to explain how moronic it is.

Where I live violent crime has exploded when laws, that were already lenient, were relaxed even more. We heard of "community policing", "racial sensitivity training for cops", "de-escalation training" and all these nice sounding words. Then the government added one more layer by actively releasing dangerous criminals back in the streets within hours of their arrest... The cops did not become more corrupt over night, in fact they know who commits the crimes and they are often not even allowed to arrest them.

Obviously, depending on where you live the police may actually just be part of the organized crime, then I feel for you.

As a cop in my family once said: cops are not meant to be your friends. At first I thought that this sounded very harsh, but given their role it makes perfect sense, they deal with the worst of the worst, they need to be on their guard. Not knowing if someone is talking to you to divert from something that requires an intervention is their daily lot. Having to hold the brains of a colleague inside their head while waiting for the ambulance when you are 23 is also part of their lot. So I'm sorry you got caught speeding and you didn't like the ticket, but this is also part of their job.
Cops exist to protect property. And not just any property, property of large commercial interests. Check out what happens when someone steals $200 from a bank teller vs when someone steals your $15,000 car.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Copwhat? Also, why is supposed to be wrong having a superhero helping cops? I assume this is another USA specific thing, because I don't get it.

Yes, there are some corrupt cops but what they mostly do is to fight crime

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Considering how much of Miles Morales was transparent BLM propaganda, Insomniac is almost on my fuck off list.

Copwhat? Also, why is supposed to be wrong having a superhero helping cops? I assume this is another USA specific thing, because I don't get it.

Yes, there are some corrupt cops but what they mostly do is to fight crime
This is a woke specific thing. Certain group pushing that ldealogy and pressuring others to feel the same.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is not the salient argument (@anonpuffs' point is more important), but still:
Traffic crimes are still crimes.

Also, apparently, I am a master crimanal who gets away with his crimes nearly every day.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Cops exist to protect property. And not just any property, property of large commercial interests. Check out what happens when someone steals $200 from a bank teller vs when someone steals your $15,000 car.
That answer misses the mark so hard that it's hard to imagine how your mind works.

Now I don't know what you are referring to, for the comparison, cops should protect property from theft or damage, collective or private. This is probably one of their most basic role, alongside resolving violent crimes against people. They also are allowed to use proportional force when arresting people.

But seriously, who goes to rob a bank for 200$? Assuming this made sense to compare it to car robbery, usually robbing a bank involves pointing guns at people, maybe taking hostages, being generally violent... Robbing a car, be it a $2 000 or a $200 000 is usually something you do when the owner is not present inside the car, removing the most important aspect of the bank robbery -- the treat of extreme violence. But the cop doesn't decide what the punishment is, often they are not even allowed to hold you until the trial declares you are the culprit.

Let's say we had no cop, or anything of the sort. We would have years and years of bloody power struggle to establish a new force with similar powers (ignore the military)... Then it would rebuild itself from the ground up. At first it would have to be very violent to establish itself... You get the idea.

And don't lie to yourself, banks as they are now, are collective property. There is nothing private in a publicly traded corporation.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Spider-man should instead be helping gangs flood illegal guns into Brooklyn.

I hope there’s a side mission where you wipe the shit stains on the subway walls that homeless leave behind before they sell their ass for heroin.

Lifelong nyc’er here… don’t want to hear it… this place is a shit hole. We need Batman asap.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Spider-man should instead be helping gangs flood illegal guns into Brooklyn.

I hope there’s a side mission where you wipe the shit stains on the subway walls that homeless leave behind before they sell their ass for heroin.

Lifelong nyc’er here… don’t want to hear it… this place is a shit hole. We need Batman asap.
You copaganda probagandist!