Spiderman 2 Discussion Thread OT

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
That fat fucking porker Hog Slaw is one KFC family bucket away from another heart attack.

Motherfucker is fused to his couch and he has the audacity to talk about something else being 'momentum free' smh.
Xbox fanboys always do this. Everytime a PS exclusive comes out they say “sOnY gAmEs aRe iNtErAcTiVe mOvIEs”. Then when the sales numbers are released they say “tHaTs nOt iMpREsSiVE bEaCaUsE oF tHe iNsTaLL bAsE”. It’s pure bitterness.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Main story done. What an amazing ride this game was. The last few hours were a rush of adrenaline and the story blew past my expectations.

10/10

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Peter Parker is not white enough
Miles Morales is black and Hispanic, super woke
MJs ass is too small, and her boobs don't exist

2/10, woke crap

/s

Great game so far, but not up there with GoW Ragnarok or TLOU 2. 9/10 seems fair.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Eh I still have final act to go. Have to go to work.

So probably 9/10, haven't done much side activities

Also I haven't caught any bugs yet, there are some pop-ins though.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
One bug I experienced but nothing major but i put it down to finish Lords of the Fallen (omg tons of bugs, crashes and perf issues) which I have like 40 hours invested in. Once I'm done, Spidey will be all mine (pause).

8BiTw0LF

Post credit scene:
Cindy Moon/Silk will be the next "Spider-Man" alongside Miles in the final chapter and Green Goblin will be main boss - did you all catch Harry Osborn in that green hoodie? As a Marvel fan I couldn't be happier! Hope Insomniac will tie in Wolverine somehow

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Not sure what that is but excited I guess.

Also is it a radiated cocoon or just a normal spider

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I haven’t played it yet. But it seems like it’s going to be very hard to go back to the first one and Miles Morales after playing this one. It seems like this one is a very big leap, from a gameplay prospective.
Yep. I’m genuinely wanting them to remaster the remaster at this point, lol. Because that story is so worth experiencing any time, but the way things feel in this new one, across a wide swath of the game…

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Still in this game’s thrall. Played through the Coney Island mission tonight, and can’t say how much I loved everything. I literally can’t say because it’s spoilers, lol.

But this game seems to balance Peter, his life, and Spider-Man (and Miles, I keep forgetting) so much better than the first did, with the lowlight there being MJ’s constant stealth missions. In comparison and just in general, the Peter stuff is great and sometimes fantastic in its own right.

Which makes the Spider-Man stuff truly extraordinary. The contrast is really good.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Still in this game’s thrall. Played through the Coney Island mission tonight, and can’t say how much I loved everything. I literally can’t say because it’s spoilers, lol.

But this game seems to balance Peter, his life, and Spider-Man (and Miles, I keep forgetting) so much better than the first did, with the lowlight there being MJ’s constant stealth missions. In comparison and just in general, the Peter stuff is great and sometimes fantastic in its own right.

Which makes the Spider-Man stuff truly extraordinary. The contrast is really good.
Love it, my only gripe is how fruity and nerdy Miles sounds! I hate his voice!!

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Arc

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A friend who has completed says I'm still ways away from the ending, which is great. Going through a lot of side-content right now, which is allowing me to buy loads of equipment. Some is close to being maxed out. Also, I'd recommend for you to follow at least the two collectible "questlines" below:

Spider-bots and Crystals. The former has a very nice cameo and implications to this universe, the latter adds a lot of context to Sandman. Both are worth it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A friend who has completed says I'm still ways away from the ending, which is great. Going through a lot of side-content right now, which is allowing me to buy loads of equipment. Some is close to being maxed out. Also, I'd recommend for you to follow at least the two collectible "questlines" below:

What difficulty your playing on? I started on Spectacular.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Game is really good

Not usually one to talk much about graphics but they really shine here bigtime and the city feels very noticeably more lifelike, vibrant, and colourful than in the previous game.

It's more of the same, with slight enhancements, exactly what I expected. No assist swinging feels better, but there is still a speed limit on web swinging and there are still little quirks I don't like about how swinging works, but in general it's probably the best mechanically Spider-man has ever been.

Everything is fun for me except the boring ass walk and talks, banal third person exposition as gameplay. Somewhere around Uncharted people started thinking that making you babysit a cutscene with the excuse of "we didn't take control away from you!" was elevating the medium. Give me a fucking cutscene, please. It feels like 50% of the missions I've played so far are Peter Parker things and not Spider-man things.

There is a brief segment where I'm tasked with cleaning up my goddamned kitchen while Mary Jane looks through boxes. This is a glorified cutscene. Quite honestly, it is basically the same thing to me as Desert Bus. It's a section of "gameplay" that has one outcome and every now and then you have to prod the controller to keep the scene moving. At least Desert Bus has fail states. This is supposed to be MORE IMMERSIVE CINEMATIC GAMEPLAY, but an NPC will stand holding a car door open for me repeating some lines infinitely while I stand there like an idiot until I read the on screen button prompt informing me to press X to enter the vehicle.

Like increasingly they are making things I would not have expected to be superhero gameplay into gameplay, and making things I want to be cool gameplay sequences into cinematics. One small example I noticed last night was a part where Spidey jumps off a building and is chasing a falling enemy on the way down. I was like, this would be really cool to control in a cinematic gameplay sequence. Sorry best we can do is a QTE but how about a pedal bike ride with Harry?

It's this weird marriage of the absolute best high octane superhero gameplay mechanics ever, and the most inane mind numbingly dull slice of life third person exposition gameplay that all PRESTIGE games seem to have now. Good thing they nail the Spidey gameplay.

• Informative
Reactions: Bryank75 and Falcs