Square Enix: Final Fantasy XVI is a Hit, initial sales of the game extremely strong

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Part of me wishes this game just bombed so the hyper focus on its sales would die down but it seems like it selling well is causing the haters to dig their heels in even more

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

• haha
Reactions: Unchained

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
July npd release they are really cutting it close. Good to see we are going to get mid month releases again after this month.
Subscriber release date is the same as always I believe. The public dumb down lacking real information version is the one that releases at the half month/end of month dates.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's successful and Xbox would have just added a few thousand. It's all relative to budget though and if they make their money back plus profit they are good. Not to mention all the digital sales which now account for 80% hvnt even been all accounted for.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Final fantasy is definitely a niche for me as it's a jrpg & I've never been into them ff16 is the only one I've ever bought because I really liked the story & found the combat fun after playing the demo

I mean, if i had to say one was ‘niche’ out of tthose capcom games and final fantasy it wouldn’t be the capcom games, street fighter is a 30+ year old franchise that everyone knows. Resident Evil has 7 live action movies, 3 animated movies, and a netflix series, etc.

But final fantasy, i doubt anyone on the street could name you one character from over 16 games, is the one that should be selling twice the amount lol

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Late to the party (too many work today).

I'm glad FFXVI meet Square Enix expectations even with the decline in sales.
The game is in the right direction and way better than last main entry.