Square Enix: Final Fantasy XVI is a Hit, initial sales of the game extremely strong

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean, if i had to say one was ‘niche’ out of tthose capcom games and final fantasy it wouldn’t be the capcom games, street fighter is a 30+ year old franchise that everyone knows. Resident Evil has 7 live action movies, 3 animated movies, and a netflix series, etc.

But final fantasy, i doubt anyone on the street could name you one character from over 16 games, is the one that should be selling twice the amount lol
You kidding me? Sephiroth is one of the best known gaming characters in the world. FF is WAY more well known than some bullshit like resident evil.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You kidding me? Sephiroth is one of the best known gaming characters in the world. FF is WAY more well known than some bullshit like resident evil.

Sephiroth people might know him if you show them a picture of him they don’t know his name or who he is.

Everyone on the planet can tell you who Ryu or Chun Li is

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sephiroth people might know him if you show them a picture of him they don’t know his name or who he is.

Despite being Iconic characters, Street Fighter has never really sold all that well. The entire franchise was easily outsold by Tekken.

Sonic is another Iconic characters with a series that doesn't sell all that well, especially when compared to Mario

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Now they're playing down the new Spider-Man 2 trailer 🙄

“They” are terrified

Venom 2 Mic Drop GIF by Venom Movie

Just checked, don’t see many people hating on spider-man 2 trailer outside of the face swaps. FF16 sales are still a shit show but they’ve honestly been a shit show everywhere including here

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I agree Ryu and co are more well know than Cloud and co but the comparisons stop here…

Cloud and co are way more know than RE’s characters or any other Capcom franchise outside Street Fighter.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Despite being Iconic characters, Street Fighter has never really sold all that well. The entire franchise was easily outsold by Tekken.

Sonic is another Iconic characters with a series that doesn't sell all that well, especially when compared to Mario
Define sold well…

Because except from Street Fighter 3 and Street Fighter original all others main entries sold over 7 million units.

And if you add Arcades in the past then SF is probably the most selling fighting franchise of all the time… it is below others franchises when comparing only consoles + PC sales.

Different things I know but Street Fighter popularity goes way bigger than just consoles + PC sales.

Reactions: Zzero

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Define sold well…

Because except from Street Fighter 3 and Street Fighter original all others main entries sold over 7 million units.

And if you add Arcades in the past then SF is probably the most selling fighting franchise of all the time… it is below others franchises when comparing only consoles + PC sales.

Different things I know but Street Fighter popularity goes way bigger than just consoles + PC sales.

Each street fighter game had dozens of versions and re releases, the Tekken Franchise has already long since outsold Street Fighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if even Smash Bros has more sales.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Each street fighter game had dozens of versions and re releases, the Tekken Franchise has already long since outsold Street Fighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if even Smash Bros has more sales.
Mortal Kombat has more sales as well cumutively but SF2 is one of the best selling fighters ever and generated more money in the arcades than almost every other fighter. Street fighter series at 50 mil cumulative while Mortal Kombat is at 80 plus million. Street fighter 2 was best selling fighting game ever until Smash Bros ultimate recently dethroned it.

D

Deleted member 782

Shipment + digital, while UC4 numbers = Sell-through + digital

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Hope the game sells over 10 million just to make the Microcock Shitbox fans on resetera mad

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Why are you so obsessed with this?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Vast majority of sales are digital so this point is moot.
The game will proceed to sell 10~15 million copies or more and y'all will keep crying about it.
It's time to grow up.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The game will proceed to sell 10~15 million copies or more and y'all will keep crying about it.
It's time to grow up.

“Its kind of disappointing that a franchise as a big as final fantasy only sold 10 million copies in two years, I mean this was the game that was supposed to sell ps5’s and grow the audience. I’m not saying sales are a DISASTER im just saying i know square enix expected way more and so did sony, i can see them going back to turn based atb style and making it multiplatform again”

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Once a Sony Trailer comes out for a dope Game Greenberg, Phil, etc. Press a button that sends emails to all their schills reminding them of the ambassador Xbox program and how they have to work overtime to keep it. This is common knowledge in the gaming community.
Sender: Aaron Greenberg
BCC: ColtEastwood, DMRyan, Destin Lingerie, Tom Warren, ReeeJudge, and 890 more.
Topic: Sony new Spider-man 2 trailer

These are bad looking images captured from trailer. You know what to do. More socks and underwears coming in stock. Better be hurry.
Please go to Discord voice channel.

Files included:

Screenshot1.png, Screenshot2.png, Screenshot3.png

D

Deleted member 782

It's time to grow up.
If the fastest-selling FF series, FFXV, with 5 million units in the first day failed to sell above 11 million units, then the game with 3 million units in 6 days has zero chances of selling over 10 million units on PS5.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
If the fastest-selling FF series, FFXV, with 5 million units in the first day failed to sell above 11 million units, then the game with 3 million units in 6 days has zero chances of selling over 10 million units on PS5.
Well I don’t want to burst your bubble but God of War Ragnarök sold over 11 million copies after 3 months. It’s more than possible FFXVI reaching 10 million units. Maybe not in 3 months but it’s possible in a year only on PS5.