Square Enix Financial Results - May 12, 2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No because it’s fits you exactly. Well I never seen someone making a claim without explaining why. “Not going to copy and paste, deal with it” what a poor excuse. I say it again you are the type who only plays games made by western devs. Someone who is not able to explain why it’s “a stupid buy” is not worth the effort to discuss. I am just wasting my time.
I like square games and i think it's a stupid buy for sony.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sony need to buy them and streamline them. Install Shuhei as President

Get back to mainline FF every 3 years
Start a Yoshi P new IP
Maintain FFXIV, it doesn't need to start over again. At best you restart with an expansion like a Realm Reborn
Keep Dragon Quest pumping
Bring back an all star team for a new Chrono game
Cut out the small projects and the weird tech demos made into a game like Forspoken
Drop the dumb NFT shit
Woo back the shunned talents like Matsuno

Square Enix should operate more like From Software with every game aiming for GOTY status

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony need to buy them and streamline them. Install Shuhei as President

Get back to mainline FF every 3 years
Start a Yoshi P new IP
Maintain FFXIV, it doesn't need to start over again. At best you restart with an expansion like a Realm Reborn
Keep Dragon Quest pumping
Bring back an all star team for a new Chrono game
Cut out the small projects and the weird tech demos made into a game like Forspoken
Drop the dumb NFT shit
Woo back the shunned talents like Matsuno

Square Enix should operate more like From Software with every game aiming for GOTY status
Sony buys companies that show they're able to manage themselves. Square ain't it. They don't operate an adult day care, which is why they closed pixelopus.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sony buys companies that show they're able to manage themselves. Square ain't it.
I mean they can manage themselves, but need to simplify their direction and put the right people in the right places

Their problem is they keep putting accountants in charge of the company

Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I am curious what all will say who are in denial of this possibility, will say if Sony will after all buy them. Probably hiding and hush it up.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I am curious what all will say who are in denial of this possibility, will say if Sony will after all buy them. Probably hiding and hush it up.
With what money? We already got the FY budget and it doesn't include near enough money to buy a company like square. Face it, it ain't happening, and even if it were possible it shouldn't happen.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
If I'm Sony now is the time to go after them TBH

They are a public company, make an offer above market rate

Sony don't want a company they go completely hands off with, they want companies that they have a good history of working with

And they need to solidify their RPG offering and improve their Japanese content

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
With what money? We already got the FY budget and it doesn't include near enough money to buy a company like square. Face it, it ain't happening, and even if it were possible it shouldn't happen.
We will see. They didn’t announce their new mid term plan, until then everything is possible.
IR is around the corner.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Pretty sure some people in here pointed out their mid term strategies are upcoming soon and they've also mentioned willingness to borrow to fund acquisitions in the gaming space