cause thats all that platform consumes

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
have fun playing survival games, RPGS and early access titles

cause thats all that platform consumes
I don't play survival games or early access titles on PC and I've got lots to play, and with this shift in strategy, I'll even have more to play that doesn't fall under those categories.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
I don't play survival games or early access titles on PC and I've got lots to play, and with this shift in strategy, I'll even have more to play that doesn't fall under those categories.

no you won't because Sony's AAA blockbusters will no longer be developed if they continue to pursue this strategy

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, this is not a surprising announcement.
Curious how they'll manage that, that's a huge shift in development pipeline for a company that still has trouble with timely ports past their exclusivity windows.

Yeah well I wouldn't know if FF16 is any good or not because the demo ran like absolute trash and I decided right then that I would wait for a PC version.

Bold of you to assume a quality PC port from Square Enix.
Funniest thing is Square Enix's best PC ports were from their western gamesand those were done by Nixxes, but they're SIE owned now.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

As I & many been saying PlayStation days are counting. People keep underestimating Nintendo but when you see many 3rd party release on Nintendo & you have Nintendo owns permanent exclusive choosing Nintendo Switch 2 over a PS6 will be extremely easy not to mention PlayStation games already on PC with the timeframe between ports not being much of a wait or barrier (currently 1-2 years & Sony dumb leadership will cut that down to 6 month to 1 year)

The migration between PS to PC & Nintendo will be massive especially as we get closer to PS6 & Nintendo Switch 2 gets 2-3 years in the market with true permanent exclusive. All Switch 2 has to do is be similar power performance to the PS4. Overall Nintendo console is cheaper, cheaper online subscription & they have true permanent exclusive + more if not all 3rd party support

Sony really fuck up the PlayStation console wall garden & brand. The transition from PS4 to PS5 & PS5 to PS6 will have to be studied.

Oh & Sony should’ve bought Square Enix in 2020 now they’re going multiplat & PlayStation will loose Final Fantasy exclusivity. Hell Nintendo will probably sign off exclusive deal like they did with Dragon Quest

This is why I been saying PlayStation needs to rely less on 3rd party rely less on 3rd party deals of ip PlayStation fans don’t care or grows PlayStation own franchises & become more like Nintendo & crank 5-10 first party game per year do 3rd party deals by licensing out your own ip to increase output from these franchise you own. The transition from PS4 to PS5 should’ve been PS making studios multi team studios to support AAA mainline game & AA spin off games that are $50 & take 2-3 years instead of solely doing & relying on AAA games that take 5-7 where PS only drops 1 major game like in 2023 or 0 major game in 2024. To late now it will take till PS6 for us to see PS studios become multi team since that restructuring would take time to adjust.

You'd be better off just posting the Twitter post and no adding your worthless commentary.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It seems like the buddy-buddy relationship ended.

Considering the exclusivity windows kept getting shorter from FF7Remake --->FFXVI--->FF7Rebirth I think it's pretty safe that SIE saw diminishing returns on the and the bag was getting smaller.
If the bag is getting smaller, than it just makes more financial sense for Square Enix to invest a little bit more in supporting more platforms to get more revenue.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Square just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FF17 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel multi-platform games for Switch and Xbox, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
it’s over, they just lost their biggest partner in Japan, if FF17 comes day one to Switch… the japanese market is lost forever for PlayStation, some members in this site are completely delusional, PlayStation is dying right in front of our eyes and they somehow think everything is okay

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
it’s over, they just lost their biggest partner in Japan, if FF17 comes day one to Switch… the japanese market is lost forever for PlayStation, some members in this site are completely delusional, PlayStation is dying right in front of our eyes and they somehow think everything is okay

PC dickriders want all these games to come to PC but they dont realise the quality of them will decrease when they go to that platform

AAA blockbusters will decrease decrease until we are left with entirely Early Access and Indie Crap

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah well I wouldn't know if FF16 is any good or not because the demo ran like absolute trash and I decided right then that I would wait for a PC version.
I don't care about your life. The game ran fine and lol at thinking the PC port will run flawlessly. Square is infamous for horrendous ports that run like trash 🤣

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FF17 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel multi-platform games for Switch and Xbox, or you can kiss your business goodbye.
This stopped being funny in 2014 😬

• haha
Reactions: Lersds

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
They are a publicly shared company and this is a serious mid term plan for them, they won't change it.

You're also going too far.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
PC dickriders want all these games to come to PC but they dont realise the quality of them will decrease when they go to that platform

AAA blockbusters will decrease decrease until we are left with entirely Early Access and Indie Crap
SE can barely develop for PS5 decently, will be funny to see them releasing games on PC and NS2 day and date

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Neversummer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well they need a course correction. Less garbage like Forspoken, star ocean and their series of gaas flops.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
SE can barely develop for PS5 decently, will be funny to see them releasing games on PC and NS2 day and date

Which is why it's a mid-term goal, it's going to take time.
I assume it's also why they're focusing on internal development at the expense of outsourcing and cancelled quite a bunch of projects a few weeks ago. Stated goals by the CEO is clear, focus on tentpole franchises and putting more resources into them and choose smaller projects with more care.

Basically, they're doing a Capcom.