Square Enix goes multiplatform, focus on quality then quantity

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You know what, I'm done here. Mods, just go ahead and ban me. Feel free to have the constant doom and gloom jerk off fest without me.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You know what, I'm done here. Mods, just go ahead and ban me. Feel free to have the constant doom and gloom jerk off fest without me.
Kobe Bryant GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Nah don't leave man.

I agree with you personally that there's too much Doom and gloom, and PS will be fine.

It's not like Square Enix will be removing games from PS, they just won't make them exclusives i think.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
it’s over, they just lost their biggest partner in Japan, if FF17 comes day one to Switch… the japanese market is lost forever for PlayStation, some members in this site are completely delusional, PlayStation is dying right in front of our eyes and they somehow think everything is okay
Nah FF7R, XVI or the next won't run on Switch 2. Whst this means is they will do Day and Date releases of FF on PC alongside PS. Their pland for Xbox will be discarded by tve next quarter reports. But let's say in tbe worst case you're correct with your claim then Sony needs ultimately to acquire Square Enix to prevent this. Nintendo has like 80% market share on Japan, if they start to get the little share Sony has in Japanese market, they will never recover. That's imo a point where they would have no other choice to buy Square Enix.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023

im not a doomer but the PC initiative does not make any fucking sense. Its literally just copying the XBOX strategy which fucked them over in the first place

its a FOD campaign by the media to get rid of exclusives for PS but its perfectly alright for Nintendo and Xbox to have them

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Also, yeah...the Paramount deal is weird. Sony should be doubling down on Aniplex and PlayStation
Fr anime & animation continues to grow massively now with animation hitting big w streaming services & movies more older people are getting used to anime where back then was seen as something for “kids”

& yes PlayStation is very needing of more first party studios that balance a output of AAA games & AA games that are singleplayer & a mixture of live service & mobile studios. Also maybe buy a VR studio to make VR version of first party games like they did w GT7. DS2 VR first person mode, Uncharted VR first person mode, GOT2 VR first person mode would be great addition & likely cheap? You can charge $10-$20 to make some sort of return.

Paramount instead of WB is crazy both are in similar position in the movie industry. WB likely to be sold by Discovery in 2025

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nah FF7R, XVI or the next won't run on Switch 2. Whst this means is they will do Day and Date releases of FF on PC alongside PS. Their pland for Xbox will be discarded by tve next quarter reports. But let's say in tbe worst case you're correct with your claim then Sony needs ultimately to acquire Square Enix to prevent this. Nintendo has like 80% market share on Japan, if they start to get the little share Sony has in Japanese market, they will never recover. That's imo a point where they would have no other choice to buy Square Enix.
Switch 2 is ps4 power....FF7 Remake was on PS4... it will run on switch 2, just at lower resolution and FPS.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
don't be mad at the truth. It's a huge failure on Sony's end that they can't secure any exclusives with Xbox doing the worst it's ever done. A console with non existent market share is somehow getting better deals
I mean...publishers are at point where they kind of have to take what they can get from Xbox or leave the platform.

We know from Chris Dring that certain pubs are regretting putting massive titles on Xbox because they aren't recouping their investment so they have to take the Game Pass check or get little to nothing at all

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
Fr anime & animation continues to grow massively now with animation hitting big w streaming services & movies more older people are getting used to anime where back then was seen as something for “kids”

& yes PlayStation is very needing of more first party studios that balance a output of AAA games & AA games that are singleplayer & a mixture of live service & mobile studios. Also maybe buy a VR studio to make VR version of first party games like they did w GT7. DS2 VR first person mode, Uncharted VR first person mode, GOT2 VR first person mode would be great addition & likely cheap? You can charge $10-$20 to make some sort of return.

Paramount instead of WB is crazy both are in similar position in the movie industry. WB likely to be sold by Discovery in 2025
Man...I adore PSVR and I will get a PSVR 2 when the price is fair locally but I also really wish Sony would do more with it. But I wish Sony would do more with their IP in general, they're complacent atm.

Hopefully Totoki changes that but I lose hope each day

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
These dumb people think if Sony can recoup the porting cost it's worth it to lose exclusives. Well, this is the result. Sony lost all their partners. They can't make exclusivity deals with anyone anymore.

Square, Capcom, Sega, Atlus, From, Arc Systems. They lost everybody.
I can bet these same third party will do exclusive deals with Nintendo & some of these 3rd party deals will be from major “franchise”

If Sony can’t get FF17 exclusivity then atleast invest in a FF spin off which Square Enix would likely be more willing to do. Just make sure this spin of is god tier better then whatever the mainline is. This is how Nintendo got Monster Hunter & Dragon Quest exclusive deals from those franchise it was essentially spin offs but they where surprisingly still really good games

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
they should just become a Software company if they want to continue this moronic strategy of PC initiatives

would have more respect for them then killing off their entire platform slowly like this
Sony can’t be a 3rd party they don’t have the output or ip nor do they have a mobile publisher like almost every other 3rd party publisher

Atleast Xbox has COD, Diablo, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Halo, Forza Horizon

Tbh I think Sony will get shit if they went 3rd party like not only PS gamers but PC gamers are already shitting on Sony & PS games 💀

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Square Enix is seeing Switch and PC and looking at the growth that's possible and they won't even entertain the idea.

Switch 2 is ps4 power....FF7 Remake was on PS4... it will run on switch 2, just at lower resolution and FPS.

Switch 2 will have DLSS as well, what will prevent ports to Switch 2 will be CPU related.
Maximizing CPU performance will vary wildly between developers depending on their expertise, so what is feasible and what is not will depending almost entirely on this factor alone.

But there's going to be a large increase in 3rd party support from Switch to Switch 2.
Publishers are slow as molasses to make changes, but a lot of developers(especially Japanese) are kicking themselves from missing the Switch gravy train and they won't miss it this time around.

Square Enix goes multiplatform, focus on quality then quantity​

how going multiplatform and developing for more platforms leads to more Quality?

By cancelling the type of small games that flopped in the last few years from SE(for various reasons).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
ff7 remake ran great on ps4, what are u talking about? PS4 is 10 years old, Switch 2 will be a brand new console, why are you acting like those are the same?
Because handheld consoles are less efficient than home consoles, in performance and power processing. The most expensive handheld costs around 799-1000. Lenovo Legion GO can't support more than 1440p. And you expect a cheap Company like Nintendo to offer a powerful handheld? In which parallel world do the cost for potent components dissappear? Nintendo will never subsidize their hardware, and a 400 handheld won't be powerful. DSSL is not a miracle tool, it can't turn 720p into 4K.

Reactions: VillaiN
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Man...I adore PSVR and I will get a PSVR 2 when the price is fair locally but I also really wish Sony would do more with it. But I wish Sony would do more with their IP in general, they're complacent atm.

Hopefully Totoki changes that but I lose hope each day
The problem with PSVR2 is that Sony is treating it like a PlayStation console high premium hardware but in the VR market people just want a low entry that won’t cost much to just have the taste experience of VR a safe buy that won’t hurt there wallet. Sony should’ve done a PSVR2 that’s high power the true way to experience PS VR for $550 & then a PSVR2 “lite” that’s much weaker, has no wires & cost $300 like Meta Quest.

PlayStation in general tail end of PS4 gen has been very complacent Jim Ryan essentially rode of the succes of PS4. PS has many great ip that could be brought back & tied with movies,tv shows & merchandise I mean I don’t need to keep naming which games. But I feel like PS barely does merchandise/collectible & toys compared to Nintendo like where’s the Potopon figures or Gravity Rush figures or Uncharted, GOW, Ratchet & Clank figures etc idk maybe because I don’t look for them it just seems like PS just does games & no merchandise, toys or collectibles etc

Totoki ain’t gonna do shit he’s a money man he don’t understand PlayStation, gaming or entertainment

Last edited: