Square Enix’s Stock Has Fallen 30% From Its Peak This Year, Wiping Almost $2 Billion Off The Company’s Market Value.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's true, the 100k~200k copies of an Xbox version would have drastically increased sales of the game and saved square enix
full.png

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
TIL 84 (soon 83) MC is the biggest flop of all time.
it is when it was hyped up to be the game of the generation and the best game of all time, strong enough to carry the hopes and dreams of the hordes of twitter xbots on its broad, strong, manly, todd-like shoulders (snicker). face it, it's a disappointment on the level of forspoken

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
it is when it was hyped up to be the game of the generation and the best game of all time, strong enough to carry the hopes and dreams of the hordes of twitter xbots on its broad, strong, manly, todd-like shoulders (snicker). face it, it's a disappointment on the level of forspoken
i dunno my man. Yoshi-P wanted to make a "Must-Play FF" and clearly he failed to so.

Both are shittie games from shittie companies. defending/praising one and shit the other one is the biggest sign of hypocrisy ever.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Send out that FoamStars public Beta SE... the diamond in the rough y'all sitting on 😅.

But seriously what they need to do is go the Capcom route. Start nurturing some old but beloved IP's with care and remake them, build up some good will again.

Selling off their Western Studios was a dumb move and I'm still puzzled by it, but yeah.

Sony should have done a merger before this gen started but too late for that now. I kinda have a feeling we won't see much more exclusives between them going forward as well.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony need to pounce. They probably wont under the morons that seem to run the place atm...

Best thing is to keep them making the 2D classic RPG's and drop them on PSPlus and then have the big studios work on their best IP's in a really focused manner, cutting projects like Forespoken (which I own but have yet to play).

Concentrate on FF mainline games, FF online (XIV), Dragon Quest, Nier and Kingdom Hearts...

Then cut costs by getting rid of middle managers and upper management that have proven that they have no idea.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy XVI

• 3 million copies sold in one week on PS5 only
  • 87 metascore with 146 reviews
  • 8.1 userscore
  • 88 opencritic with 167 reviews
  • 100~150 million $ budget?
  • 8 years in development (since 2015)

Starfield

• No worldwide sales figures despite release on PC, Steam, Xbox Series X & S
  • 84 metascore with only 74 tests, despite Microsoft's careful selection of reviewers
  • 6.1 userscore
  • 87 opencritic with 134 reviews
  • 72% on steamdb
  • By far the worst start for a bethesda game in physical sales in the UK (~15k, the only real data we have)
  • 200 million $ budget
  • 11 years in development (since 2012)

Which of these two games should we be more worried about?

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Final Fantasy XVI

• 3 million copies sold in one week on PS5 only
  • 87 metascore with 146 reviews
  • 8.1 userscore
  • 88 opencritic with 167 reviews
  • 100~150 million $ budget?
  • 8 years in development (since 2015)

Starfield

• No worldwide sales figures despite release on PC, Steam, Xbox Series X & S
  • 84 metascore with only 74 tests, despite Microsoft's careful selection of reviewers
  • 6.1 userscore
  • 87 opencritic with 134 reviews
  • 72% on steamdb
  • By far the worst start for a bethesda game in physical sales in the UK (~15k, the only real data we have)
  • 200 million $ budget
  • 11 years in development (since 2012)

Which of these two games should we be more worried about?
MS own Bethesda.

SE is third party. Square enix is the one that should be more worried.