Square Enix’s Stock Has Fallen 30% From Its Peak This Year, Wiping Almost $2 Billion Off The Company’s Market Value.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You mean, like this traitor?
images-6.jpg

Yeah, I have major concerns over him... in fact I was banned from another forum for saying that meeting was very suspicious.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Right now, it's Nintendo games that are keeping Square Enix fed and clothed in Japan, it would be hugely disasterous to break that relationship right as you drop billions on Square Enix.

Even if Sony buys Square, you bet that most of the Nintendo arrangements remain in place.
Lol what Nintendo games? Talk about delusions of grandeur

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
You must have Alzheimer's.
nope. in fact is quite the opposite

my first comment:
someone reply bringing in SF for some stupid reason:
SF= 💩 You had a typo, fixed it for you. You're welcome!
i reply:
both are shit
then some clowns react to this news like:

News:

Square Enix’s Stock Has Fallen 30% From Its Peak This Year, Wiping Almost $2 Billion Off The Company’s Market Value.​

clowns's reaction:
BuT StArField sOLd LeSs aNd ShIT.

is like WTF are we doing here?.

so this comment:
and who AGAIN has lost 2B in market value? after the release of the MASSIVE SUCCESS, the BEST FF, with a fricking 16 in the title and GOTY contender ....yes...Square ShitEnix.

an 88 ain't saving this shittie company 🤣😂🤣😂
😂🤣🤣.
is pointing out how this supposedly "massive and superior financial and critical success" that was FFXVI, especially compared to the 'massive mega flop of the century" in starfield, such as coud send MS to bankruptcy

isn't helping SE offset their previous failures. in fact. SE recognizes they have issues with budgets (among other things).

Reactions: Vertigo

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
nope. in fact is quite the opposite

my first comment:

someone reply bringing in SF for some stupid reason:

i reply:

then some clowns react to this news like:

News:

Square Enix’s Stock Has Fallen 30% From Its Peak This Year, Wiping Almost $2 Billion Off The Company’s Market Value.​

clowns's reaction:
BuT StArField sOLd LeSs aNd ShIT.

is like WTF are we doing here?.

so this comment:

is pointing out how this supposedly "massive and superior financial and critical success" that was FFXVI, especially compared to the 'massive mega flop of the century" in starfield, such as coud send MS to bankruptcy

isn't helping SE offset their previous failures. in fact. SE recognizes they have issues with budgets (among other things).
FFXVI development cost was paid off in week one of sales. Starfield's $500 million Dev budget will never be paid off with everybody just getting it on Gamepass with stacked $1 subscriptions

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
FFXVI development cost was paid off in week one of sales. Starfield's $500 million Dev budget will never be paid off with everybody just getting it on Gamepass with stacked $1 subscriptions
x3 and who is the one losing 2B in market value after the releases of its respective games?

and:

Starfield losing 1000000000 Billion dollars doesn't translate to success for SE 🤡🤡🤡🤡.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
GP subs have stagnated or declined for Xbox. It's a disaster scenario for them if games aren't providing a significant and sustained uplift in subs, with $70 billion spent on this experiment. You can bet your bottom dollar they won't be talking about actual GP numbers in their next financial report. Obfuscate and pretend all is well for Xbox

The ramp up to Starfield should have seen continual growth in subs but it hasnt

$500 million and outshone and outsold by "niche" Larian Studios on the same day

How do you continue to justify $500 million development budgets when you aren't growing subscriptions from it and the biggest product to you've had in a decade barely scrapes past a million in launch sales? You can't. Slowly but surely Bethesda will be taken apart and sold off for pennies on the dollar. First off the rank will be Arkane

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
x3 and who is the one losing 2B in market value after the releases of its respective games?

and:

Starfield losing 1000000000 Billion dollars doesn't translate to success for SE 🤡🤡🤡🤡.

As usual the Xbote hides Xbox's significant failures behind Microsoft's overall success as a company. Xbox is the nepo baby of videogames. Zero successes of its own, just hiding behind daddy's Azure wallet. Let's see Xbox try and succeed in the stock market of its own accord before you speak

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
As usual the Xbote hides Xbox's significant failures behind Microsoft's overall success as a company. Xbox is the nepo baby of videogames. Zero successes of its own, just hiding behind daddy's Azure wallet. Let's see Xbox try and succeed in the stock market of its own accord before you speak
now can you explain then how starfield's failure helps SE?

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Ripe for a buyout

I doubt Sony have much interest in trying to fix an entire Japanese publisher

FFXVI could have done Elden Ring numbers and they'd still have an idiot CEO in charge talking about investment in NFTs and flip flopping from AAA focus to pumping out $40-$50 ports of decade old games

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Yet again, you try and somehow tie the games performance to financial results when that connection doesn't exist. It would never had a material impact within 8 days, so your point is mute, despite how many backflips you try and pull after making an ass out of yourself.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The market is typically very short sighted so those stocks will rebound sooner than later.

That being said, square does have a problem with their output on the past few years. They can't seem to knock it out of the park and released a few high profile stinkers like avengers or forsaken, that terrible Babylon's fail game...

Where is nier automata 2?

They should finish VII remake and start with VI. Just pull a Capcom and live from high budget remakes from now on.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As much as I love FFXVI it really is stuck in the mud in too many ways

Like they really should have gone with a more open world design, because they just aren't good at designing linear games

I don't know what the secret sauce is to linear games, but when done right they don't feel restrictive. TLOU2 or GOW 2018 is a perfect example of this. I never felt constrained in by game limitations, but constantly felt that in FFXVI

I think the key to a linear game is that even your small spaces need to feel like mini sandboxes. Invisible walls should never be a thing.

FFXVI got better as it opened up in level design but it took many hours to get there.
I disagree 100%, they didn't need even worse story pacing. What they needed was to fix the itemization and side quests to make them seem not pointless, and to make the difficulty sufficient that those fixed side quest rewards proved a measurable aid in progression.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I disagree 100%, they didn't need even worse story pacing. What they needed was to fix the itemization and side quests to make them seem not pointless, and to make the difficulty sufficient that those fixed side quest rewards proved a measurable aid in progression.
Yeah. The story in those side missions was great, that's why I did them all. But they were never fun. So essentially they were blocking cool story beats behind bland gameplay content

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Where is nier automata 2?
Maybe under development. Or maybe Toyo Taro decided to make something else instead.

They should finish VII remake and start with VI. Just pull a Capcom and live from high budget remakes from now on.
Outside Japan there isn't nostalgia for VI. They already refurbished the NES and SNES FF games many times, that's all. I highly doubt they'd want to spend a ton of money on them.

Instead it makes more sense to continue milking their most popular games. Which in this case, it's to make the 3rd part of the FFVII remake. If after it they want to continue with very expensive remakes pretty likely they'll move to FFVIII, FFX and FFXII since they are the next ones in sales.