Star Wars Outlaws Reviews & Metacritic

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The AI is bad, Ofc it will be bad its based on a typical frenchman/frenchwoman's intelligence :ROFLMAO: 🤭

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I don't know why people were raving about this at the reveal. Its an Ubisoft game. Looked nothing different to the others apart from Star Wars label on it. Graphics always get downgraded.

The same people who got excited about the game started hating it when the female’s face changed lol. Then it was bad all a sudden.
Male video gamers are becoming worse than Karen. When they cant wank over a character its over for them lol, I wanna speak to the manager!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it's quite ridiculous ain't it

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
When they cant wank over a character its over for them lol
I get that this argument always comes up when people complain about ugly characters, because it's a quick and easy way to degrade and shame them and thus cancel their point as fast as possible.
What that argument fails to realize is that:

1 - All humans prefer looking at standard fit bodies and beautiful faces, including asexuals who don't wank at all. Even straight women who don't wank over other women claim to prefer looking at beautiful and fit women.

2 - Straight men who prefer looking at beautiful in their movies and/or games in 2024 have quick access to petabytes of free content online that is much better suited for wanking.
Every single person who wanks knows this, and I bet 99.99% of the people who use this "wank over female characters" argument know this as well.

3 - Uglifying the videogame characters of beautiful real-world models with no reason (other than satisfying a provably scarce modern audience) is also disrespectful and a huge disservice to the models themselves, and it's only happening because they don't have the necessary leverage to prevent it.
These are actors and models whose ability to make a living depends a lot on their physical desirability. It's why they keep themselves on a highly controlled diet, lots of time spent at the gym and why they put a lot of effort on their looks.

I assure you not a single one of them wants to be subjected to this shit:

Captura de ecrã 2024-08-26 143915.png Captura de ecrã 2024-08-26 143816.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-08-26 143449.png Captura de ecrã 2024-08-26 143424.png

Watch Dogs style lol

This is from Ubisoft Massive. AFAIK they had little nothing to do with Watch Dogs nor Assassin's Creed.
These are the devs behind The Division 1 & 2, and Avatar.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
My review in progress with the first hour PC of gameplay at max settings (including RT to Ultra) and some screenshots. Graphics are amazing, but performance is awful, sadly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvbToW9yZ2c&ab_channel=PCMasterRaceLatinoam%C3%A9rica%28Pey%29
Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024.08.24-02.55.44.89.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024.08.24-02.58.46.03.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024.08.25-08.46.11.14.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024.08.24-02.51.14.86.jpg

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Some surprisingly low scores after Ubisoft did everything to cater to Western media sensibilities 😲

I'm still getting it because I have a deal and I can trade it for Astrobot if I don't like it 😁

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I get that this argument always comes up when people complain about ugly characters, because it's a quick and easy way to degrade and shame them and thus cancel their point as fast as possible.
What that argument fails to realize is that:

1 - All humans prefer looking at standard fit bodies and beautiful faces, including asexuals who don't wank at all. Even straight women who don't wank over other women claim to prefer looking at beautiful and fit women.

2 - Straight men who prefer looking at beautiful in their movies and/or games in 2024 have quick access to petabytes of free content online that is much better suited for wanking.
Every single person who wanks knows this, and I bet 99.99% of the people who use this "wank over female characters" argument know this as well.

3 - Uglifying the videogame characters of beautiful real-world models with no reason (other than satisfying a provably scarce modern audience) is also disrespectful and a huge disservice to the models themselves, and it's only happening because they don't have the necessary leverage to prevent it.
These are actors and models whose ability to make a living depends a lot on their physical desirability. It's why they keep themselves on a highly controlled diet, lots of time spent at the gym and why they put a lot of effort on their looks.

I assure you not a single one of them wants to be subjected to this shit:

View attachment 5478 View attachment 5479
View attachment 5481 View attachment 5480

This is from Ubisoft Massive. AFAIK they had little nothing to do with Watch Dogs nor Assassin's Creed.
These are the devs behind The Division 1 & 2, and Avatar.

Hey I like my attractive females in video games too, but I played Horizon, TLOU2, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Hellblade 1 etc despite them not being attractive to me lol.

Yeah the whole making women uglier is a real thing and its ridiculous. Spiderman etc and many other games. I get that issue. And I support it. But at times, I really dont care if the game is good lol. And people needing to change there mind on as soon as its not attractive like this game, its a bit weird. I get its a resilience thing, like how I am with certain companies.

I hate woke propoganda and the other shit in my daily life, though I cant be bothered to deal with it in video games. But I respect the fight. Eventually it balances out, Disney and others are seeing fans complain. Well either it balances out or we live in a fucked up world. I mean out of tyrannical governments and all the other threats, a bunch of blue haired moaners isnt on my radar. I get its from the same agenda though.

When it comes to changing laws and infiltrating children's lives, womens sports, workspaces or bathrooms with men that identify as women, then I draw the line. Thats the kind of shit I dont accept. If entertainment companies wants to shoot themselves in the foot like disney, marvel, videos games, then they will learn the hard way.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Worse than what i've predicted.

Seems that Japanese games are on a run, half of of the best games this year were asian

View attachment 5483

I never heard of 2/3rds of the games in that list, though. Those scores don't translate into popularity for sure.
The best selling release of 2024 so far might be Helldivers 2, perhaps followed closely by Wukong (which might still surpass it).

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is pretty much an expected score. Even the open world that sells the most and probably have the most polish by Ubisoft are the AC games and those cap out at 83-85~

Low 80s high 70s are where the "lesser" reviewed games from Ubisoft tend to be at.

I never heard of 2/3rds of the games in that list, though. Those scores don't translate into popularity for sure.
The best selling release of 2024 so far might be Helldivers 2, perhaps followed closely by Wukong (which might still surpass it).

Current highest selling games of the year in terms of units:

Palworld at 15M+ as of Feb 22.
Helldivers 2 at 12M+ as of May 5.
Black Myth: Wukong at 10M+ as of Aug 23.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
So did Ubi Soft face scanned the actress's face for Kay or not? Reason being is that the recent Star Wars games have face scanned the actors' faces for their characters. Games like Respawn's Jedi and heck even Battlefront 2 face scanned the actors for the campaign of that game. The reason for this is so if wanted too Disney can bring the actors back for live action appearances in films or shows. So because of this it's a odd choice of Ubi Soft to not scan her but if they did how the hell did it end up looking nothing like the actress?