Star Wars Outlaws Reviews & Metacritic

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The game has now 76 MC score with 76 reviews. So maybe gets a 120 MC score once it achieves 120 reviews. Just kidding.

I saw Eurogamer went back to using scores in their reviews, but apparently just to use them as miserable clickbaits.

They gave this game 2 out of 5 stars (so 40/100 for MC, the worst scored review score in MC): "Massive bravely peels away the many layers of Ubisoft open world-isms in Star Wars Outlaws. It's a fatal error."

Reactions: EDMIX

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Worse than what i've predicted.

Seems that Japanese games are on a run, half of of the best games this year were asian

View attachment 5483
I was surprised to see dragons dogma 2 not on that list because I remember it scoring a 90. Guess later reviews brought it down, they were really pushing the narrative that it was a goty candidate early on. Fucking media narratives man, you can be on guard against them and still fall for it

• brain
Reactions: EDMIX and The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Star Wars Outlaws is top 5 in the PlayStation Store and Amazon stores of the main western countries:

"Top 10 games in your country" ranking (meaning, ranking of top grossing games including both F2P and paid titles) of the PlayStation Store:
Amazon's "Best seller PC & Videogames" ranking (all platforms, counting only retail games, not accesories or gift cards):

Amazon.com (USA) - Top 3 after Astro Bot and CoD
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames
image.png

Amazon.de (Germany): top 3
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/bestsellers/videogames
image.png

Amazon.co.uk (UK): top 2
https://www.amazon.co.uk/bestsellers/videogames
image.png

Amazon.fr (France): top5
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames
image.png

In Amazon.es (Spain) top 5
https://www.amazon.es/gp/bestsellers/videogames
image.png

Edit: updated as of 03/09/2024

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I went to check the PSN stores to see there Outlaws is on their "Top 10 games in your country" (I assume top grossing, since includes both F2P and paid games) ranking:
USA: top 6 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite, Madden, College Football before it)
Germany: top 4 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite above it)
UK: top 5 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite, EAFC 24)
France: top 4 (Wukong, Cod, Fortnite)
Spain: top 6 (Wukong, Fortnite, CoD, EAFC 25, EAFC 24)
Italy: top 6 (Wukong, Fortnite, CoD, EAFC 25, EAFC 24)
Japan: (not in top 10)

Here price in PSN is 80€ as usual

PSN game owners rate it as 4.07/5 stars
Is the top x best sellers list refreshed on a rolling 7 day average, or is it 24h?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

lol this fucking pussy deleted his review because of how bad the game actually turned out! lol This man was literally making it sound like it was the greatest game ever made and as soon as the fan backlash started, he removes the review and post this shit instead

So i'm not shocked some are doing an about face on this as how can you then rate some other game with issues, if entire missing Ai is ok with you and no big deal? This mean spent all this time attacking ever publisher under the sun for issues in their games, only to then SING the praises of CP2077.

This dude took it down cause the fans kept posting videos of all that missing shit and broken shit from the game. He took the yellow chair and decided to hype and exaggerate and shill for CDPR lol

So theses are literally the real comments from people that followed this bud.

"Six months after release, and now you're making this? Sorry but even for you this is disingenuous. You lied, sold into the hype, told people this game was amazing"

"Never trust a fanboi."

"Yeah you were shilling hard for that game"

"You served CDPR well, when serving was safe" Nuff said."

"> Multiple videos about how poorly Avengers is doing> But if something similar came up for CP2077: "CDPR is doing their best to fix things and it still has potential!"Uh-huh. Sure."

"Takes a big man to apologize 6 months after the fact and then monetize the apology video as well. Hats off to you."

"In other words you basically did what a lot of people said you did, reviewed the game as a fanboy :-/"

"Made me unsub from his channel back then. People make mistakes, but I felt like he lost his integrity with that review."

"Shilled the game so hard and then rode the wave when people started hating on it, lol."

"That's a long explanation for: I was simping instead of warning everyone else"

"The moment they said “use our footage not your own” was when my concerns were raised."

"Cops that can't drive and can spawn out of thin air; really?Grand Theft Auto 3 (2001) would like a word with you...Six months later and nothing is fixed. Wow.... just wow."

^ never added that in the review btw, apparently, no big deal the Ai cannot drive a car and shoot lol I still don't get how the fuck that is a 9 or a 10, that makes not fucking sense and we don't have 1 fucking game that has ever released with such a thing missing and someone simping and saying "derrrrr 10/10 masterpiece"

"Six months after release, and now you're making this? Sorry but even for you this is disingenuous. You lied, sold into the hype, told people this game was amazing, hell I bought it on your recommendation, because I trusted your opinion! Then I watched as you rode the backlash bandwagon with everyone else as if you weren't shilling yourself out the whole time.Disappointing, Yong, very Disappointing."

"Interesting how Yongyea kinda exemplified all the things he rails against, but for different reasons. He rushed his review instead of delaying and believed day one patches will fix everything, which are both things he rails against developers for doing—releasing games instead of delaying and touting day one patches instead of just having less bugs in the game."

Good to see that I'm not the only one that sees the massive hypocrisy regarding this shit ^

"He did a review acting like it was the second coming of Christ. Only briefly covers the issues and went on how great it was and game of the year etc. Than when the wind changes he acts like he never blew smoke out of his arse and played the victim card by claiming that he was deceived."

"Shilled this game to high heck whilst simultaneously shitting on Fallout 76 looool"

"I rushed through the campaign guys, that's why i didnt notice the mediocre RPG, open world , AI , bugs and other aspects that made the game a disaster" Just grow some testicles and admit that you and your other jorno buddies got benefits from CPPR and had to promote it, it was a contract. It's already well known that even independent youtubers do favors for game companies in exchange for early access reviews and invites to special events , not just mainstream gaming media."

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a paragon of open-world gaming, offering the kind of freedom to explore and define your character that provides a new pinnacle for the genre. It takes everything we celebrate about open-world games, and learns from it, implementing best-in-class variations in a world that's so dense and detailed." lol

This is easily, the most honest review of this game and its funny that people attacked this man for this, yet he ultimately was correct on the game's issues and played in on BOTH PC and console to prove the issue was beyond a few mere bugs

So I'm sorry bud, this fucking game cannot be a 8 or a 9 and god no, it can't be a 10. Anything giving it above a 7 is 100% sus to me and yellow chair approved. LOL

Have fun with that Yellow liquid Quest lol
Get Down Lol GIF by Pudgy Penguins

My guy I played cyberpunk for less time than your long ass post, I dont know what your rambling incoherent post has to do with a ubislop game but dont forget to take your schizo and bi polar meds

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I went to check the PSN stores to see there Outlaws is on their "Top 10 games in your country" (I assume top grossing, since includes both F2P and paid games) ranking:
USA: top 6 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite, Madden, College Football before it)
Germany: top 4 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite above it)
UK: top 5 (Wukong, CoD, Fortnite, EAFC 24)
France: top 4 (Wukong, Cod, Fortnite)
Spain: top 6 (Wukong, Fortnite, CoD, EAFC 25, EAFC 24)
Italy: top 6 (Wukong, Fortnite, CoD, EAFC 25, EAFC 24)
Japan: (not in top 10)
These are pretty poor positions for a Star Wars game, I remember seeing Rebirth and DD2 no1 in many of the same regions and we know how the sales turned out for those, the game is an utter failure on PC and xbox doesn't buy games so charting outside top 5 in US on playstation is a disaster

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
These are pretty poor positions for a Star Wars game, I remember seeing Rebirth and DD2 no1 in many of the same regions and we know how the sales turned out for those, the game is an utter failure on PC and xbox doesn't buy games so charting outside top 5 in US on playstation is a disaster
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1
Happy Dying Laughing GIF

It's too early, but seems to be performing like the open world Ubisoft games that sell over 15-20 million copies.

I have no idea which one is the best selling Star War games (probably a Battlefront or Lego one) but I'd bet it will become the best selling Star Wars ever maybe even before the end of the year. May even achieve it with the first month sales.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1
Happy Dying Laughing GIF

It's too early, but seems to be performing like the open world Ubisoft games that sell over 15-20 million copies.

I have no idea which one is the best selling Star War games (probably a Battlefront or Lego one) but I'd bet it will become the best selling Star Wars ever maybe even before the end of the year. May even achieve it with the first month sales.
You really think this will sell more than the jedi games? Anyways the quarterly report will be spicy, Shorting ubisoft stock has been a rewarding endeavour so far.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You really think this will sell more than the jedi games?
I have no idea about their sales but yes. Open world games normally sell better than linear-ish action adventures. Plus Ubisoft knows how to feed their legion of Ubisoft open world game fans.

Anyways the quarterly report will be spicy, Shorting ubisoft stock has been a rewarding endeavour so far.
This quarter Ubisoft will have a monopoly.

• fire