Starfield is 4K/30 on Series X, 1440/30 on Series S

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That too.
Bethesda and Bungie have this problem. Their engines suck.
Bungie's game runs pretty well on current generation console, and it looks pretty good as well.

I recall seeing, and playing, Destiny on PS4 early on and it was a very solid HD locked at 30fps... So I'm not sure why they get pulled in this conversation. Maybe you meant 343? I mean, their games perform well enough, but the cutback in graphics and general world details makes it obvious how they achieved the performance level they have. Halo:I looks so bad that I suspect they never even had to optimize any of it.

There is nothing in StarField that makes it look like a game that should run at 30fps on a console like Series X. But hey, MS are the ones selling the 12Tf console, with VRR, VRS and what not.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Frame rate aside, WHAT is starfield. What is the story. WHY are you going from planet to planet? WHY are there no aliens in a sci-fi game besides fallout tier animals to shoot? What is the overall narrative that would put this game in league with a fallout 3 or Skyrim?

Or as an anon on 4chan asked:

“What's the hype for Starfield based around? It's so far looking like Outer Worlds just with plain non-alien planets and procedural generation (but not even in a cool dungeon-y way like Daggerfall)”

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Frame rate aside, WHAT is starfield. What is the story. WHY are you going from planet to planet? WHY are there no aliens in a sci-fi game besides fallout tier animals to shoot? What is the overall narrative that would put this game in league with a fallout 3 or Skyrim?

Knowing the depth of Bethesda stories.

He is either looking for his Father or Son lol.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The 30fps wouldn't be a problem if at least it looked good. The problem is, it is 30fps (and unstable on top, going by the gameplay they showed, if it was running on console) and looks like an early past-gen game.

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Honestly, 30 fps is not an issue, outside of the more enthusiast players, most people don't even care if their games are on performance mode or fidelity mode.

Btw, my Skyrim install is still at 720p 30fps because that's the only way to make it not crawl, thanks creation engine

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Starfield will sell 5M easily throughout the time but it won't be popular on xbox.

Also, m$ will moneyhat all shills and industry's media to give it 9 or more. They done it multiple times.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Honestly, 30 fps is not an issue, outside of the more enthusiast players, most people don't even care if their games are on performance mode or fidelity mode.

Btw, my Skyrim install is still at 720p 30fps because that's the only way to make it not crawl, thanks creation engine
Tbh, it really isn’t, but the Xbox fanbase is vocal about the tiniest detail. They roasted totk for its low fps and draw distance. They did the same with the water on sm2 and the stupid puddlegate and they don’t hold Xbox games to the same standards, so now they get called out and out themselves as hypocrites.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Tbh, it really isn’t, but the Xbox fanbase is vocal about the tiniest detail. They roasted totk for its low fps and draw distance. They did the same with the water on sm2 and the stupid puddlegate and they don’t hold Xbox games to the same standards, so now they get called out and out themselves as hypocrites.
30fps on a game that has first person view is terrible.

The game simply doesn't look good enough to be 30fps.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
60 fps > 30fps but I've never been a 60 fps or bust type of person. Enjoyed my 30 fps bangers during the PS3/X360 era just fine. Microsoft did talk a lot of shit about power and this game is exclusive so console warring is just fairness. That shit trended on twitter for quite a while. But that drama is not my concern.

I'm however very displeased to see that their facial animations and facial models are still dogshit after this being a common criticism of Bethesda titles for over a decade. You're gonna tell me you didn't invest in updating your animation pipeline and address this after so many years.... Fuck off. Expect Mass Effect Andromeda type meme's, and rightfully so. Who gives a shit about 4K if you can't get 60 fps going or your character facial models and NPC facial animations still look PS3 era bad or worse.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

i fully agree. i play most games on 30fps if it is eye candy. Starfield isn't one of those.
plus, xbox from TOP TOP to bottom bottom screamed about 12tf, RDNA2, most powerful console, beast eating monsters for breakfast and here we are, second bigger game, xbox own game, with 30fps.

they deserve all the backlash and critique they are getting. really, no excuses.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The Xbox fab base is…
They created the narrative that 30fps games were a thing of the past on the “most powerful console in the world”.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Nitro

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Or as an anon on 4chan asked:

“What's the hype for Starfield based around? It's so far looking like Outer Worlds just with plain non-alien planets and procedural generation (but not even in a cool dungeon-y way like Daggerfall)”
No Man's Skyrim, you go around mining and playing a bad FPS around 1000 procedural generated planets.

As far as story goes you get ancient stiff animation, NPCs generated with the character creator and Bethesda tier story. Remember the awesome stories from TES and Bethesda's Fallout? Me neither.