Starfield is the "starting gun" for first-party Xbox games

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

"This is the beginning of something that's going to be really special," Xbox CMO says

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Speaking at Gamescom, where the company has been showcasing the sci-fi RPG extensively, Xbox chief marketing officer Jerret West said the Bethesda game marks the start of a prolonged period of regular new Xbox exclusives.
"This is, in my mind, the doorway, almost like a starting gun, to what I think is going to be a multi-year relay race of first-party titles," West told us.

"I was sitting there watching the same [Starfield presentation] you were this morning and I was like… this is really the start of something that's going to then lead to Forza, then in 2024 as we go to Hellblade, and we think about Towerborne which is on the show floor, we think about Avowed, and we've got stories we haven't told yet as well, that are going to unfurl in 2024 and 2025.”

Xbox has struggled for consistency with its first-party titles over the last 18 months. 2022 featured few exclusive releases, while its most notable game so far this year, Redfall, was reviewed poorly. However, the firm’s summer showcase in June was received positively from the media.

West continued: "This very much feels like the starting gun for this relay pass that's going to take place over the next couple of years. So as a marketer, I'm super excited about that. And then if you layer in also, Game Pass and the third party relationships that we have... Our third party support that rolls into Game Pass – but also is just on our platform – is critically important too. So I think we are entering a period where this is the beginning of something that's going to be really special over the course of the next several years."

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Currently Xbox has announced more Interesting Single-player games for next gen than Sony.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

"This is the beginning of something that's going to be really special," Xbox CMO says

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Currently Xbox has announced more Interesting Single-player games for next gen than Sony.
Most of those games are vaporware with no release date in sight.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
And if it fails, it will be Fable, or the next in line after that.

It's the next E3 rope-a-dope marketing. Everything you do is the big step forward towards better times. Part of the Starfield marketing campaign.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

The craziest part is that a lot of them have been anounced around 4 years ago ...And most still dont even have a release window but guys rest assured next year will be the best lineup ever ™. Half a gen, a publisher bought and another on the line and yet they still barely have anything worthwhile.Id rather that they shut up instead of constantly talking but doing jackshit.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Starfield
Everwild - no date, development hell
Fable - no date
The Outer Worlds 2 - barely started production, no date, cgi
Avowed - no date
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - no date
Clockwork Revolution - no date
Perfect Dark - no date, development hell
South of Midnight - no date, cgi

Games media couldn’t wait to jump back on the xbox bandwagon as soon as they release one promising game (that started production before they even bought the company mind you)

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Only 2 of those games that you listed are confirmed for 2024. Hellblade and Avowed.