Starfield is the "starting gun" for first-party Xbox games

24 Jun 2022

"This is the beginning of something that's going to be really special," Xbox CMO says

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Currently Xbox has announced more Interesting Single-player games for next gen than Sony.

Refreshing they're talking about games. Meanwhile Sony's gearing up for a crapload of accessories and going MIA at these (admittedly lame) gaming events.

If we're talking purely 1P software developed in-house, MS's slate looks more intriguing if only because Sony have nothing announced 1P-wise that's non-GaaS after Spiderman 2, outside of Wolverine. Everything else is either a timed 3P exclusive, or 3P (console) exclusive, or 1P GaaS/live-service.

Oh, and tons of peripherals and accessories. But sales charts and fiscal reports tho, get hyped!

• fire
Reactions: Dr Bass and Puff

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
From the list of announced (many long ago) games from MGS, most of them still seem a long ways out. After Starfield, I assume Hellblade is the next one. Then what? Avowed probably? I could see Fable still taking another 2-3 years.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Judging by what i've seen, the game is going to be good and score around the same as FFXVI and ACVI

Graphics are an important aspect and Starfield looks very outdated with it's NPC models.

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Knowing 2023 Microsoft only Avowed and Senua are ocming out next year with high chances of a delay.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if id has a quick announcement to launch period next year for Quake 2. It will have been 4 years since Doom 2 at the start of covid (Jesus...) and they had been on a quick pace prior to that.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
So this person is just like the average green rat on twitter.......listing a bunch of games with no release date or proof of quality just to make it seem like Xbox has a lot of games.

We all know how that works out.

And I wouldn’t call having to pay $7B to make Bethesda’s games exclusive a “starting gun.” MS has nothing to do with Starfield being made. That game is not going to change MS extremely poor studio management and lack of knowing how to release excellent quality games.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

"This is the beginning of something that's going to be really special," Xbox CMO says

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Currently Xbox has announced more Interesting Single-player games for next gen than Sony.
Yawwwn oh please stop the nonsense.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

You can make the same list with PlayStation...

Spider-man 2
Helldivers II
Convallaria
Stellar Blade
Marvel's Wolverine
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake
Firewall Ultra
Fairgame$
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Lost Soul Aside
Marathon

Maybe there are more but what is the point?
It just MS trying to strikes a winner with his fanbase with their usual spin.

Refreshing they're talking about games. Meanwhile Sony's gearing up for a crapload of accessories and going MIA at these (admittedly lame) gaming events.

If we're talking purely 1P software developed in-house, MS's slate looks more intriguing if only because Sony have nothing announced 1P-wise that's non-GaaS after Spiderman 2, outside of Wolverine. Everything else is either a timed 3P exclusive, or 3P (console) exclusive, or 1P GaaS/live-service.

Oh, and tons of peripherals and accessories. But sales charts and fiscal reports tho, get hyped!
I'm not sure what are you comparing here but Sony has more published games announced than Microsoft.
But to be fair announces means nothing.
That is why the foverer waiting games meme exists.... always promises... never delivery.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I would love to see some reciepts on the reality of some of those games coming this generation.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The Positive Reviews for Infinite were the campaign
Which was one of the worst in the franchise. The positive reviews came from shills who hyped it up, only to turn around and start making excuses for their opinions when actual fans got their hands on it. Like Actman, who pretended it was the best thing ever, only to change his opinion because his fans gave him shit for it.

It was a whole narrative of 'halo is back" before the actual fanbase got their hands on it.

16 Feb 2023
Bold choice to fire your starting gun 3 years after the console launch.
Even bolder choice as the CMO to shit all over the games you've released since the console launch by implying they don't count. Right up there with Phil's 'I'm sorry Redfall was shit' apology tour, bet the devs felt great after that.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Starfield_GdQO7eb.jpeg

Starfield
Everwild
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Avowed
Clockwork Revolution
Perfect Dark
South of Midnight

You are smoking crack.

Perfect Dark, Ever wild, and Fable are literally years away.

And the sad part is these were announced 3+ years ago. Meanwhile outside of Wolverine every game Sony has announced has come to market.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly