Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
It doesn’t deserve to be, the 6 nominations should be:

Baldurs Gate 3
Final Fantasy 16
Hogwarts Legacy
Zelda TOTK
Spider-Man 2
HiFi Rush

All games significantly better than Starfield in every way.
Replace HiFi Rush with Alan Wake 2 and Hogwarts Legacy with RE4 and I agree with list.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Replace hogwarts with RE4R
Replace HiFi Rush with Alan Wake 2 and Hogwarts Legacy with RE4 and I agree with list.
RE4 Remake is amazing but I don't think it's right to have a remake in GOTY nominee. Original works should be celebrated more. They should have a best "Remake/Remaster of the Year" category. Also, I highly doubt Alan Wake 2 will be better than HiFi Rush but we'll see. I think I'd rather put AC Mirage as a hypothetical 7th over Alan Wake 2

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
HL is legitimately one of the best games this year and I’d put it above RE4R easily. It’s also one of the best open worlds games out there.

Strongly disagree lol

RE4 Remake is amazing but I don't think it's right to have a remake in GOTY nominee. Original works should be celebrated more. They should have a best "Remake/Remaster of the Year" category. Also, I highly doubt Alan Wake 2 will be better than HiFi Rush but we'll see. I think I'd rather put AC Mirage as a hypothetical 7th over Alan Wake 2

Theres at least 5 other games i put in there before hogwarts. with Mario Wonder and Alan Wake 2 being possible nominees.

I didn’t dislike hogwarts but it was the painfully average open world game I’ve played all generation.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Strongly disagree lol

Theres at least 5 other games i put in there before hogwarts. with Mario Wonder and Alan Wake 2 being possible nominees.

I didn’t dislike hogwarts but it was the painfully average open world game I’ve played all generation.
I usually hate open world games and I loved Hogwarts legacy, so that’s something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

But looks like they've didn’t expected a low scores from IGN and Gamespot. LOL
Surely for next Bethesda game they won't receive a review copy. LOL

One of the comments from that article:

Jesus Christ, another article about a review that isn’t a 10/10. What is the point at this point? We get it, the game isn’t for everyone. So what? Why are we looking for any negatives to drill holes into this game when this isn’t ever done to this degree with other games not everyone thinks is amazing?Where are all the articles about the hot negative takes on Tears of the Kingdom or God of War Ragnarok? This is becoming so rote with Starfield that there should be a bingo card.

Mention that it’s getting great reviews but not all of them are positive? Check. Mention another space game that this game isn’t trying to be by citing “missing” mechanics that were never said to be in this game? Check. Author of the article self-reporting that they don’t actually like the game but are forcing themselves to play it because FOMO? Of course. Can we move on please?

Either play the game or don’t, but either way just shut up about it at this point. Everyone has played it (or not) enough to have an opinion, we don’t need to have them shoveled down our throats. Nobody gives a frak anymore. The only people that do are the ones who think they should enjoy the game but can’t accept that not everything is for them to enjoy, especially when it’s a huge anticipated title that they can’t get into when others love it. Let that ego go and go happily frak off playing whatever else they want. Get Paul Tassi to continue covering this game, these nothingburger articles are clogging up my news feed.
They're not handling it well.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It's insane that the MC is even close on this one. Those Xbox outlets dragging the average up like the Fitzcarraldo.
I just hope this does not devolve into a PS outlets vs xbox outlets for every release.

The best outcome would be the complete discreditation of Meta/Open critics, or a forced revamp of their approach.

The worst thing is that some company base their bonus on this system that is being manipulated, bonuses of that type should have one metric and one metric only: SALES (revenue in some cases I guess, or some other performance metric that shows they grew something)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
One of the comments from that article:

They're not handling it well.
They're dodging the important point, review manipulation. This is all that gaming forums should be talking about now, as well as some retribution against the company for trying to screw the gamers and the whole industry.

I have no doubt that it has been happening for a long time, but xbox was particularly egregious with this since at least Halo:I (I don't recall feeling that games like Halo 5 or Gears 5 were scored above their weight, even games like Ori or that 20s cartoon shooter seemed to have normal levels of reactions, probably over hyped in list wars, but that's all).

Maybe some address, from Keighley or some other important industry personality, to call this out, say they don't like to be manipulated at the TGA? Refuse to do any MS related announcement for the evening, after telling the world why... Obviously that will not happen, who am I kidding?

Reactions: laynelane