Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Looks like eurogamer added their review to metacritic but unscored so far.

6RjSMfN.png

Oddly enough the full review links to the digital foundry performance article by alex bugaga, which doesn't seem to be the case for other games they reviewed, as it's normally done by the non digital foundry eurogamer reviewers (i only checked recent ones)

Let's see how this goes.

F4pK9L1WUAAuWJa

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
He'll probably nominate Starfield to be one of the GOTY candidates because Xbox fanboys will attack him if he doesn't like they did with Forza Horizon 5.

Geoff is going to give Xbox another green award (participation trophy) so Phil wont be sitting in the audience looking like this all night:

Fjf3WBeX0AAZZcd.jpg:large

Watching all other studios get an award another year except for Xbox.
"And the winner for most over hyped, underwhelming game is...Starfield."

"And the award is for the most deranged, cultish, and astroturf fanbase goes to...Mr. Phil Spencer!"

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

LMAO! So Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 two games which are both wait for it.........Western RPGs can't be compared? The copium from these guys is god tier. All they're doing is throwing anything to the wall for the short term cause they know deep down Starfield's reception was just ok-good and not the mic drop that they were hoping. They're not ready to admit it yet.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Horrific. When I click on top critics' picks, it brings their all time list up, with Zelda OOT at the top. There's no world in which OOT is anything but below average these days.
I disagree. For its time, it was literally the best game ever made. Not only was it a perfect template from transitioning from 2D to 3D, but literally every aspect of the game from music, art direction, story, gameplay, lore, and world design was perfect. Its dated now, but its impact at the time cant be understated.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Wait, a million wasn't really that unrealistic? Ummm what? That's record breaking for single player games.
Cyberpunk reached over a mullion 3 years ago, Elden Ring was over 950000 last year ( and everybody know that Soulsgames are niche ! 🤪), Hogwart Legacy is little shy of 900000 this year even after being boicotted... Sure, 1 nillions is reeeaaaally hard, but it is not an unachieveble number....You just need to be a WAY better game then Starfield

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Putting together a top ten list for an Xbox-centric site would be very difficult if it was limited to first-party releases!
so far this year the top games are:
1 - Starfield
tied on second position:
Forza and Redfall

The sky is the limit, even then Starfield goes much further if you're willing to put up with the menus and loading screens!

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I disagree. For its time, it was literally the best game ever made. Not only was it a perfect template from transitioning from 2D to 3D, but literally every aspect of the game from music, art direction, story, gameplay, lore, and world design was perfect. Its dated now, but its impact at the time cant be understated.
I didn't say anything about its reception at the time. I don't want to see it on top lists if I'm looking for top games to play right now.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
so far this year the top games are:
1 - Starfield
tied on second position:
Forza and Redfall

The sky is the limit, even then Starfield goes much further if you're willing to put up with the menus and loading screens!
Then again, if you only release 10 games for your platform in a year, they are automatically all top-10 releases! It's the N64 strategy!

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Like you said, they kept using Elden Ring against HFW (and BOTW against HZD) to downplay the Horizon games. Now they know what it feels like when people do that towards a big Microsoft exclusive.
I don't see the point, the Horizon games are great games in and of themselves.

Zelda, well... it's current Zelda and Slden Ring is a From game... They're all open world I believe, but that's it.

Obvisouly BG3 is not in space, but it's a modern wrpg with all the fea tures it needs and it's not broken! Starfield is a wrpg full of broken promises and it's a step backward in many ways, even when compared to games from the same people!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty