Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They're dodging the important point, review manipulation. This is all that gaming forums should be talking about now, as well as some retribution against the company for trying to screw the gamers and the whole industry.

I have no doubt that it has been happening for a long time, but xbox was particularly egregious with this since at least Halo:I (I don't recall feeling that games like Halo 5 or Gears 5 were scored above their weight, even games like Ori or that 20s cartoon shooter seemed to have normal levels of reactions, probably over hyped in list wars, but that's all).

Maybe some address, from Keighley or some other important industry personality, to call this out, say they don't like to be manipulated at the TGA? Refuse to do any MS related announcement for the evening, after telling the world why... Obviously that will not happen, who am I kidding?
There's 0 chance that Keighley disrupts the industry gravy train like this, he would instantly become persona non grata with the publishers and outlets that engage in this kind of stuff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
There's 0 chance that Keighley disrupts the industry gravy train like this, he would instantly become persona non grata with the publishers and outlets that engage in this kind of stuff.
I know, but one can dream.

Keighley needs to apologize for the award they made for Phil, basically a liar award.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not to mention, when he was with GameTrailers he was Xbox’s number one hype man with his bullshit “documentaries” for every MS-exclusive game.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The peak today was only 219k (vs 338k for BG3) and it also dropped to number 3 on top sellers 😬

Damn it will be below 200k faster than I thought but I didn't want to be too harsh with my predictions 😬

• party
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I have to agree with Chorizo here. I don't think there are enough reviewers left to drag the average below 80, even though 79 would be fitting.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
The problem with Starfield's metascore is that it only has 74 reviews.
In general, AAA exclusives are around 140 reviews minimum, like God Of War Ragnarok, Zelda TOTK, FF16 ...

So where are the remaining 70 reviews? And will they be counted in the metacritic?

Or you have to face the fact that Microsoft/bethesda, in sorting out the tests, have made sure that there aren't any more tests than that.

And so Starfield's average won't fall below 80.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
The problem with Starfield's metascore is that it only has 74 reviews.
In general, AAA exclusives are around 140 reviews minimum, like God Of War Ragnarok, Zelda TOTK, FF16 ...

So where are the remaining 70 reviews? And will they be counted in the metacritic?

Or you have to face the fact that Microsoft/bethesda, in sorting out the tests, have made sure that there aren't any more tests than that.

And so Starfield's average won't fall below 80.

On Meta reviews are split between PC and Xbox

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
On Meta reviews are split between PC and Xbox

That doesn't explain why the game has only 74 reviews despite having been out for 2 weeks, instead of the hundred like of other big games from Sony and Nintendo.

god of war was ragnarok also released on PS4, but that didn't stop it from having 149 reviews on PS5.
zelda botw has 117 on switch
horizon forbidden west has 138 reviews on PS5
GT7 has 125 reviews
ghost of tsushima has 132 tests on PS4 and 79 on PS5
death stranding has 122 on PS4, 58 on PC and 75 on PS5

Even forza horizon 5 has 110 reviews and yet it's also available on xbox one and pc

we know full well that half the sites that didn't have access to the game in time to test it are missing, and that's the only valid explanation.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
That doesn't explain why the game has only 74 reviews despite having been out for 2 weeks, instead of the hundred like of other big games from Sony and Nintendo.

god of war was ragnarok also released on PS4, but that didn't stop it from having 149 reviews on PS5.
GT7 has 125 reviews

Even forza horizon 5 has 110 reviews and yet it's also available on xbox one and pc

we know full well that half the sites that didn't have access to the game in time to test it are missing, and that's the only valid explanation.
average wont fall below a 80.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

It does explain. If review copies was only XSX version, it would have over 100 reviews till date. Look at the OpenCritic.

Very simple. Reviewrs got a review copy of PS5 version . PS4 version only has a 3 reviews

GT7 has 125 reviews

Ghost of Tsushima has a 79 reviews for PS5 because reviewers reviewed Director's Cut which came out 2 years ago

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
It does explain. If review copies was only XSX version, it would have over 100 reviews till date. Look at the OpenCritic.

Very simple. Reviewrs got a review copy of PS5 version . PS4 version only has a 3 reviews

Ghost of Tsushima has a 79 reviews for PS5 because reviewers reviewed Director's Cut which came out 2 years ago

opencritic mixes all reviews from all versions.

we're talking about metacritic, which does the opposite.

average wont fall below a 80.

with only 74 reviews
+ sorting of testers
it's sure not going to happen

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I just hope this does not devolve into a PS outlets vs xbox outlets for every release.

The best outcome would be the complete discreditation of Meta/Open critics, or a forced revamp of their approach.

The worst thing is that some company base their bonus on this system that is being manipulated, bonuses of that type should have one metric and one metric only: SALES (revenue in some cases I guess, or some other performance metric that shows they grew something)
That's exactly what is happening and it's the Xbots fault. Look at what Clown Warren is doing on Twitter.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's exactly what is happening and it's the Xbots fault. Look at what Clown Warren is doing on Twitter.
Well, at least we have the benefits of being the bigger fan base.

Imagine what that will do to studios and how they develop games to feed Twitter wars and just good enough to get fake review scores and fake forum outrage? 🥳