Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This was a great review. His game reviews have been excellent content. I think the comparisons to Bg3 for what that does for the genre vs what Starfield does not is fair game for sure. Remnant and BG3 is what he glowed most about so far followed by TotK. I wonder if he’s gonna hit up Armored Core.

I hope so, he's definitely one of my favorite content creators and I am definitely getting AC6 but a bit closer to Christmas.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So you're playing the Sims? As for the questlines, I'm in two factions currently, plus working through a lot of side content. Just completed a random abandoned station for the 5th time! Yes, the same station as before! And this one was in an actual faction quest 😂
Maybe the game has a groundhog day type of plot twist in the new game plus mode. Keep going, the fun will eventually kick in and it will be your goty!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
_20230914_163922.JPG

5eue.gif

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Maybe the game has a groundhog day type of plot twist in the new game plus mode. Keep going, the fun will eventually kick in and it will be your goty!
I could spoil it for you. People freaking out saying it changes everything ... no lol. In fact, it's so dumb IMO that I was happy to be done after I checked it out.

I still haven't had time to write out my thoughts, but they aren't that different from people who have issues with the game. So I'm not sure it's worth the effort. It would be a long post.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I could spoil it for you. People freaking out saying it changes everything ... no lol. In fact, it's so dumb IMO that I was happy to be done after I checked it out.

I still haven't had time to write out my thoughts, but they aren't that different from people who have issues with the game. So I'm not sure it's worth the effort. It would be a long post.

I watched the ending on youtube and it's so cringey, it's like babby's first YA sci-fi novel level writing. The kind of stuff that's targeted at 12 year olds. And the voice direction was awful, just terrible delivery. But then again that's like all Bethesda cutscenes so...

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Bethesda didn't put in the effort, so why should you?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Remember when Phil said in the Kinda Funny interview that their internal mock reviews for Redfall were double digits higher? They were already manipulating the review process then and this time they're tripling down on making sure Starfield has a high review average out of the gate. I'm expecting the score average to trend down over time but settle higher than they deserve as the early discourse will poison the well (I guess in reverse?) with more positive impressions than are warranted. Early score: 85-90 |
Ending average: 83 | Deserved score: 80

Just sayin