Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've bought a house on The Well so I've been spending a lot of time there decorating it. Talked to a lot of NPCs and got a couple of questlines, one involving the Red Mile. From the quests, you get to learn a bunch of stuff about the Starfield's world

So you're playing the Sims? As for the questlines, I'm in two factions currently, plus working through a lot of side content. Just completed a random abandoned station for the 5th time! Yes, the same station as before! And this one was in an actual faction quest 😂

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Some good stuff coming down the pike from Bethsoft

Looking forward to their changes over the years.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What the fuck kind of Aztec is named Ross? Seriously!

i know ross GIF

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

the more reviews I see of this game the more I feel like Phil Spencer is actively helping Playstation gamers out. Saved us from the likes of Redfall and Starfield. Good guy Phil

Last edited:

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
So you're playing the Sims? As for the questlines, I'm in two factions currently, plus working through a lot of side content. Just completed a random abandoned station for the 5th time! Yes, the same station as before! And this one was in an actual faction quest 😂
The Sims doesn't have snow globes I've collected from abandoned Earth or other accoutrements I've collected when doing missions or exploring. I like clearing out the baddies from those sites, a chance to gain new weapons or test out the ones I've got so far. From those sorts of missions, you gate slates that describe what the baddies were doing there and you get more info and lore. You are also tasked with speaking with a lot of NPC, I almost always exhaust all the dialogue options because there is usually something new to learn, BGS has done an excellent job at Starfield's world-building.

• haha

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
The Sims doesn't have snow globes I've collected from abandoned Earth or other accoutrements I've collected when doing missions or exploring. I like clearing out the baddies from those sites, a chance to gain new weapons or test out the ones I've got so far. From those sorts of missions, you gate slates that describe what the baddies were doing there and you get more info and lore. You are also tasked with speaking with a lot of NPC, I almost always exhaust all the dialogue options because there is usually something new to learn, BGS has done an excellent job at Starfield's world-building.

Oh wow, snow globes, incredible content.

Meanwhile, I'll keep on repeating the same abandoned cryiolab in side quests because they couldn't be arsed to have more than a couple designs.

But snow globes.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

the more reviews I see of this game the more I feel like Phil Spencer is actively helping Playstation gamers out. Saved us from the likes of Redfall and Starfield. Good guy Phil
This guy hates on pretty much everything so I cant take him seriously

Reactions: Entropi

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
Oh wow, snow globes, incredible content.

Meanwhile, I'll keep on repeating the same abandoned cryiolab in side quests because they couldn't be arsed to have more than a couple designs.

But snow globes.
There are different combat environments. There was a mission where I had to fight with New Atlantis, your outpost could get attacked as I had my aluminium mining outpost attacked by pirates. There are fights within spaceships and space stations, and you've mentioned space labs and mines. I'm sure there are combat areas. There are a lot of weapon varieties you can try out if combat starts getting monotonous. Also, if you get invested in the stories within the missions, they become more meaningful.

The snowglobes are a fun addition, little rewards for keen observation and exploration.

• haha

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
There are different combat environments. There was a mission where I had to fight with New Atlantis, your outpost could get attacked as I had my aluminium mining outpost attacked by pirates. There are fights within spaceships and space stations, and you've mentioned space labs and mines. I'm sure there are combat areas. There are a lot of weapon varieties you can try out if combat starts getting monotonous. Also, if you get invested in the stories within the missions, they become more meaningful.

The snowglobes are a fun addition, little rewards for keen observation and exploration.

None of that discredit what I said. I'll repeat: I've visited the SAME location in different planets multiple times. The game is so sparse with content that I visited a cave before a main mission that was exactly the same as the one in the main mission.

I've since visited that cave again.

There's an illusion of content where all you have is the same handful of buildings procedurally placed (not generated) on planets. Exploration becomes non existant because you just keep repeating the same environment over and over again.

Random fights here and there are not content, they're random fights here and there.

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
None of that discredit what I said. I'll repeat: I've visited the SAME location in different planets multiple times. The game is so sparse with content that I visited a cave before a main mission that was exactly the same as the one in the main mission.

I've since visited that cave again.

There's an illusion of content where all you have is the same handful of buildings procedurally placed (not generated) on planets. Exploration becomes non existant because you just keep repeating the same environment over and over again.

Random fights here and there are not content, they're random fights here and there.
It seems like we are speaking past each other. So I don't misrepresent you, you are saying "I'm going into the same building type over and over again, this game has no content" but you've been ignoring me when I've been pointing out that the missions come with a bunch of story content and there is a variety of other activities that can be done in the video game including decorating your own home. Even your statement about nonexistent exploration is false, it would be fairer to say that exploration in the game is disjointed and could have been handled better. You can explore within the enclosed spaces and that can lead to a sense of discovery, for example, I'm planning on visiting a bunch of specific systems across the galaxy since I noticed a screen in the MAST building pointing out those systems as belonging to the major factions, I want to set up fast travel spots within those systems since I anticipate I'll be doing a lot of missions within them.

• haha

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Aztecross who I watch for all my Destiny needs, has made a Starfield review.

I still have to watch through but looks like a scathing one. 'Midfield, The best at nothing'

This was a great review. His game reviews have been excellent content. I think the comparisons to Bg3 for what that does for the genre vs what Starfield does not is fair game for sure. Remnant and BG3 is what he glowed most about so far followed by TotK. I wonder if he’s gonna hit up Armored Core.

Arminius

19 May 2023
I believe MS will continue to TRY to absorb studios, publishers, and even platform holders, regardless of whether or not Starfield is a success.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters