Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's another review removed? What's the score?
Bad AI;
- Bad face models and facial expressions (expected, to be fair);
- Low enemy variety;
- Loading screens everywhere;
- Bad ship combat;
- Empty open world with little incentive to explore (which is very surprising for a Bethesda game, IF true)
- Poor navigation indicators, lack of introduction to many systems;

Among many other nitpicks.

He praised the main story, but other than that it really doesn't sound like a 8.5 at all.

To be fair, I think he is a pretty terrible reviewer, so let's wait and see.

He gave it an 8.5 but his review sounded like a 6. Motherfuckers nowadays tend to give inflated points just because of media and because they think if something is under 90 it is bad. So In his mind an 85 is probably dumping on the game.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
He gave it an 8.5 but his review sounded like a 6. Motherfuckers nowadays tend to give inflated points just because of media and because they think if something is under 90 it is bad. So In his mind an 85 is probably dumping on the game.
I never understood people that do that. Do they not think that people will pick up on that disparity? Maybe they hope that people will just jump to the final score.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Im sticking with my prediction of 84 which would be calamitous for MS. I’m just in it for the fireworks. I don’t care about this game whatsoever. Have GamePass until 2024 but probably wont even install it unless its something truly groundbreaking.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Im sticking with my prediction of 84 which would be calamitous for MS. I’m just in it for the fireworks. I don’t care about this game whatsoever. Have GamePass until 2024 but probably wont even install it unless its something truly groundbreaking.

No way this is an 84. It will be 90 at the very least. I'm betting 94 still.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm debating on whether i should dust off my Xbox One and try Starfield via gamepass cloud. For good or bad I want to see what's going on 😂😂

Nah I'll pass and just live through others who are playing.

• Shake
Reactions: Frozone

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
As excited as I am to play the game, there's no way I'll be paying the early access tax. The next few days are going to be tough.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"Its janky, has bad graphics, AI is dumb, combat is sloppy-10/10. Todd and Phil remain triumphant in the gaming space."- Yellow Chair Gamer

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
As excited as I am to play the game, there's no way I'll be paying the early access tax. The next few days are going to be tough.
What kind of fan are you ffs, pay the tax and get in there.

kids can go with out food for a couple of days. ;)

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
There will be three scores to keep into account:

- One is the release-day metascore, which will be ridiculously inflated due to the shameless curation Microsoft has been doing on the review codes. I bet this will be well over 90, with most paid shills giving it a 15 out of 10.

- The second metascore to pay attention to will be 2 weeks post release day, posted by non-curated reviewers who had to buy their own copies to start playing September 1st. This will include both genuine reviewers and reviewers who are out for blood for being left out of the initial scam. This metascore will probably go to lower 80s.

- The third metascore to pay attention is audience score, 1 month post release. This one has the potential to be really terrible.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
There will be three scores to keep into account:

- One is the release-day metascore, which will be ridiculously inflated due to the shameless curation Microsoft has been doing on the review codes. I bet this will be well over 90, with most paid shills giving it a 15 out of 10.

- The second metascore to pay attention to will be 2 weeks post release day, posted by non-curated reviewers who had to buy their own copies to start playing September 1st. This will include both genuine reviewers and reviewers who are out for blood for being left out of the initial scam. This metascore will probably go to lower 80s.

- The third metascore to pay attention is audience score, 1 month post release. This one has the potential to be really terrible.
The best thing to do is to actually read/watch the reviews. Metacritic/Opencritic scores are functionally useless for me as games are too varied to have common criteria to score them. It's easy to catch bullsh!t when reading or watching the reviews. If someone truly likes something, they tend to get into the specifics of what makes that thing great. If there's a lot of generalised language in a review I usually disregard it.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I wonder if anybody will have the balls to break the review embargo.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Already happened yesterday from a Brazilian's reviewer.

That guy lost all credibility when he said the game had incredible graphics and that the animations were great. Leaked videos debunk both of those pretty easily. And still, he gave the game an 85.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Constellation Edition looks really good, kinda of regret not buying it just for the looks alone.