Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
brv....Startield is here to stay. a massive RPG UNIVERSE ready to be explored, add hundreds of MODs. The conversation is just beginning.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Those particular trees look bad but that's not representative of all the foliage in the game. Here is a vid of foliage looking like most current gen games look. It's a mirage on a moon on Tau Ceti.

The hilarious thing about this is that the "vegetation" you're so proud of are just 2d sprite cards with high res textures layered on top. There's no life to it, no depth, you can even see as you pass one of the bushes that the leaves are 2d and not a 3d model, your feet clip through the grass instead of brushing them aside. It's hilarious that you think it looks as good as this
when there's no life in it, the lighting is awful and washed out, the materials are plasticky and unrealistic, there's popin everywhere. There are dozens of games, not even AAA games, with vegetation and foliage work better than Starfield.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
you tell me. I am just trying to balance the energy here bro.
Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
None of the above, Eternights is out next week baby!

In all seriousness I'll probably pick Phantom Liberty up on PC during the holidays.. I got no time for more new games rn

Reactions: Gamernyc78

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I’m excited for Phantom Liberty. A complete rethink could be just what a previously troubled game needed. I just hope it doesn’t lose anything that’s currently fun about the game, and the changes are all for the better. That’s a risk with radically changing a known game.
It isn't like they could really make it much worse.

• haha
Reactions: Arc

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Some of these made my experience much better, especially the UI FPS mod, no LUT, and the inventory. I'd recommend installing the UI one first, then the inventory.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
We have a gazillion similar Starfield threads, maybe it would be a good idea to merge some of them.

I highly doubt that there may be any 'massive' refunds. Around 80% of positive reviews after maybe around 800K units sold in Steam is pretty good. It's too early, specially considering it's a long SP game I assume many people will take their time to make their review, specially the positive ones.

I think the reviews may end in the mid eighties.
For steam, that’s bad. Games are usually on 90% approval. Users are not as harsh as professional reviewers and outlets, they’re more easier to please.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Haha, I can only imagine the pronoun thing being very open for abuse. For the sake of my account I'll say no more.

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
I like the lore in the game. Seems like humanity has progressed past "The Expanse" stage of space-faring and is well on its way to the "Dune" stage, with Space religions and cults.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1 million concurrent players is a ‘huge’ win according to Phil. Am I missing something?
I would think that any game that sells about 3-5 millions on Day 1 should have about 1 million CCU on launch day depending on time zones? It doesn't sound like a rare and impressive metric.

Hogwarts, BG3 and Elden Ring all reached almost 1 million on steam alone. If you count everyone else that were playing on PS, Xbox and other storefronts it was way higher.

Starfield is already available to like 25-30 millions subscribers too.