Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Screenshot-20230831-191906-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-192406-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-191930-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-192005-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-192059-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-192046-Chrome.jpg

They really have no shame 🤡
Hah I mentioned this in another tread. Almost every xbox developed game is like this for over the last decade. It has been strangely ignored

Reactions: Puff

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I think they're mostly just making fun of the Xbox fanboys that hyped this up as a supergame that would obliterate PlayStation into irrelevancy rather than just a solid title.
Yup.. and I agree with you there. But let's not act like the PS fans don't do the same thing. Every single exclusive has been mediocre so far this generation and nothing but sequels/remasters. I'm really hoping that ND will buck that trend with their new IP.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yup.. and I agree with you there. But let's not act like the PS fans don't do the same thing. Every single exclusive has been mediocre so far this generation and nothing but sequels/remasters. I'm really hoping that ND will buck that trend with their new IP.
Sorry but that's cap. Returnal is a great game, Demons Souls was great, R&C was great, GT7 was pretty good and excellent in VR. I do think God of War Ragnarok is a little overrated but then again that might be my personal bias. But in no way is it or HFW "mediocre".

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Dude, take your head out of your ass. In what world are GoW Ragnarok and HFW mediocre? In what planet do you live where you have the balls to imply that Returnal is not a great game?

Again, you can defend or like Starfield without shitting on other games just because your favourite plastic box failed, yet again, to provide you with a GoTY contender.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Ive got game pass through 2025. I don't need to buy the game thankfully. :p

See, the difference here is that I am a fan of games. Not platforms. Not brands. I like products that are good, no matter what label is on them. So I don't care where a game is coming from. That's why when I say I think FFXVI was not good, or that Halo was not good, I'm just giving my opinion as someone who has been gaming since he was 5 or so.
And I'm the say way. I buy games no matter the platform. I like space exploration and I like adventure. I was going to get Starfield no matter what people thought of it.. just like I bought Baldur's Gate 3 no matter what. No one recognized BG3 until it came out. Even some people here shitted on the game on GAF a few years back.

There are way too many people who are desirous for a game to do well because of the platform it is on. I don't care about any of that.
Agree with you 100%. But I'm not going to bandwagon people trolling the game because they literally don't like MS at all and will never give any of their games props like most here. I don't hate a company THAT much.

Not wanting Xbox to do well.. I don't care about the company brands either. That's why I can play everything that comes on whatever platform. All you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading replies. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is a lot of bias against anything that is MS.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Wow, this is quite bad. Ignoring the actual scores, the gameplay and features discussed are all underbaked and underwhelming. No map? No FOV slider? Planets in space are pictures and you can barely fly around? Seems to be a BGS staple: promise features, use smoke and mirrors to make it appear to be that feature. Nothing like being stuck in a small zone in space looking at a planet skybox to feel "immersed" in the scifi. Makes me continually appreciate Outer Wilds.

As to actual review numbers, pretty funny all the deflection from fans saying "Well IGN Japan gave it a 10!' because looking at the game, do you really think it is a 10? It doesn't even look like an 8.8 which it currently is. Genuinely looks as if it is a 7.5. Hopefully the reviewers who got the code late can be honest.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yup that God of War, TLOU 2, etc sure has been mediocre :) not to mention higher meta than all Xbox games. I mean bro just because you don't like them that doesnt mean shit. Starfield did not live up to what it was suppose to be and fanboys are getting the responses they deserve.